New races!?!

Ayyendryyl

So, I figure new races being something swtor could do fairly easily. I'm sure we all have ideas on things we'd LIKE to see happen in future expansions, but I'm really curious what kind of races you guys would play if given the chance?

Personally I'd LOVE either Togruta (Ashara) or the Voss race to be playable!

they couldn't do jawas, the playable species have to have a huminoid form.

^True.

Otherwise the armors wouldn't fit. I suppose they could just do customization bundles for those races with orange gear, similar to Treek. But IMO, that doesn't sound like a good time to me.

Also, the voiceovers wouldn't work since they're all in basic.

^True.

Otherwise the armors wouldn't fit. I suppose they could just do customization bundles for those races with orange gear, similar to Treek. But IMO, that doesn't sound like a good time to me.

Also, the voiceovers wouldn't work since they're all in basic.

I hate to mention SWG....but TOR could always do what they did with the Wookies. They had specific clothing/armors that they could equip and that was basically it for that race. So they could basically make several types of gear and just go with that. Maybe update them with cartel packs or in-game events/rewards in the future or something.

Edited by blindxsecrets

So, I figure new races being something swtor could do fairly easily. I'm sure we all have ideas on things we'd LIKE to see happen in future expansions, but I'm really curious what kind of races you guys would play if given the chance?

Personally I'd LOVE either Togruta (Ashara) or the Voss race to be playable!

I concur, i often think how wicked a Voss species would be to taint and turn fully to the dark side, but for such a species, i see a totally different story line for it and non that we have already would fit with such a sophisticated mystical creature as the Voss.

if they added them, then not only would there be kit wanna bes but also nym wanna bes as well. i'd want wookiee, but I doubt that would happen as they'd need to tie a specific voice to the race, but the voices of players is tied to the class and gender not race. so for there to be any new races, they'd have to be essentially reskins of humans like all of our races currently are

if they added them, then not only would there be kit wanna bes but also nym wanna bes as well. i'd want wookiee, but I doubt that would happen as they'd need to tie a specific voice to the race, but the voices of players is tied to the class and gender not race. so for there to be any new races, they'd have to be essentially reskins of humans like all of our races currently are

And if they would add Wookies we would have Chewbaccas wanna bes and so on. There will always be people who try to cosplay their favourite characters in the game and why not? I don't have a problem with that but this is hardly a valid reason not to add a new race.

I personally would love to have Togruta and Nautolans as new races, because I think they are awesome and I would really like to play them (and not only as Jedi).

I concur, i often think how wicked a Voss species would be to taint and turn fully to the dark side, but for such a species, i see a totally different story line for it and non that we have already would fit with such a sophisticated mystical creature as the Voss.

We might get Voss as a playable species (since they're just another example of bald humans with funny-colored skin and goofy eyes), but you're smoking something if you think there'd be any kind of difference in game-play. You'd get a new social skill and that's it.

Nym is a Feeorin. Completely different race, although being one would be cool.

Edited by midianlord

Another Vote for Togruta (funny with Asoka tano you'd think they already been in the game) perfect Jedi/Sith Race.

Wookies woud be cool...BH, Smuggler, and JK

Transdisan...BH, Smuggler and SW(?)

Edited by mmarsh