[Bug] Digital Deluxe Edition

Talimar

• Dev Post
We are currently investigating reports that Digital Deluxe players not receiving all bonus items upon character creation, and we'll be sure to update the Known Issues and/or this thread when we have more information. Edited by AmberGreen

I am also experiencing this bug. I started up a new character today. I immediately checked my mailbox and the only thing in the Digital Deluxe Edition mail are 2 Flare Guns. If it helps, the character is a Jedi Knight on The Red Eclipse.

I am also experiencing this bug. I started up a new character today. I immediately checked my mailbox and the only thing in the Digital Deluxe Edition mail are 2 Flare Guns. If it helps, the character is a Jedi Knight on The Red Eclipse.

Same though on a diff server (can PM me for that Dev.) and was a new smuggler.Have deleted it as I have no Mount due to this bug and not going to buy a new one and lets hope it's fixed soon, as I like rolling alts and don't want to find out the fix can only be done to when new characters are created not ones leveled and waiting for fix.

Edited by Avorniel

probably has to do with this little bombshell that was snuck into 1.7.2

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.7.2/3122013 scroll down to the very bottom:

Expired mail messages will now be removed from mailboxes appropriately.

Most of our digital edition items remain in mailbox for months. Unread, even.

Like I only check the Digital Edition Item mail message to remove the STAP, everything else stays in attached to the original message.

At least one of my characters, I sent some cheap Ubrikki Sand Devil like speeder I got on the GTN for like 5,000 credits. So, that character doesn't even need to bother reading the automated Digital Edition Items message.

Edited by Falensawino

probably has to do with this little bombshell that was snuck into 1.7.2

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.7.2/3122013 scroll down to the very bottom:

Most of our digital edition items remain in mailbox for months. Unread, even.

Like I only check the Digital Edition Item mail message to remove the STAP, everything else stays in attached to the original message.

At least one of my characters, I sent some cheap Ubrikki Sand Devil like speeder I got on the GTN for like 5,000 credits. So, that character doesn't even need to bother reading the automated Digital Edition Items message.

aye don't mind old mail being removed but when it's a fresh character then that's not on..so .....

Question..If i have to buy a speeder at level 10 for a new character just created will you EAware refund the credits I have spent whatever the amount, since this is broken and goodness knows how long it will be before you fix this ?

aye don't mind old mail being removed but when it's a fresh character then that's not on..so .....

Question..If i have to buy a speeder at level 10 for a new character just created will you EAware refund the credits I have spent whatever the amount, since this is broken and goodness knows how long it will be before you fix this ?

They won't, but if an analogous case were to happen in real life, and you were forced to rent/buy a car, you'd still have the duty to mitigate damages. Can't expect to buy a limousine(or in this case one of those out of production speeders for a few mil) and be reimbursed for it. Speeders on the GTN cost under 10k though, you'd spend more time discussing it here than it would take you to earn those credits.

Edited by Vandicus

They won't, but if an analogous case were to happen in real life, and you were forced to rent/buy a car, you'd still have the duty to mitigate damages. Can't expect to buy a limousine(or in this case one of those out of production speeders for a few mil) and be reimbursed for it. Speeders on the GTN cost under 10k though, you'd spend more time discussing it here than it would take you to earn those credits.

i could go buy the 150k one if i wanted but that isn't the point. I'm asking a legit question considering the package (digital deluxe version) is still being sold with same items even though 1 you can not get at present....and why should i have to buy another speeder when I should have one already which I payed for ....

• Dev Post

Hey there folks!

I've got a bit more information for you about gift packages not giving Digital Deluxe players the correct items in their reward emails. First, we added this to the Known Issues yesterday. The bug only affects gift packages created after 1.7.2, and doesn't not affect the old ones that might still be lingering in mailboxes.

Secondly, as the known issue states, both Digital Deluxe and Collector's Edition accounts are be affected, though differently.

Finally, I don't yet have a good estimate for when we'll be deploying a fix, but we want to be sure the resolution is thorough. It's a high priority, and we'll continue to communicate any new info into this thread.

:ph_cheers:

Hey there folks!

I've got a bit more information for you about gift packages not giving Digital Deluxe players the correct items in their reward emails. First, we added this to the Known Issues yesterday. The bug only affects gift packages created after 1.7.2, and doesn't not affect the old ones that might still be lingering in mailboxes.

Secondly, as the known issue states, both Digital Deluxe and Collector's Edition accounts are be affected, though differently.

Finally, I don't yet have a good estimate for when we'll be deploying a fix, but we want to be sure the resolution is thorough. It's a high priority, and we'll continue to communicate any new info into this thread.

:ph_cheers:

thanks for the response Amber

Doesn't exactly help when I'm itching to roll another character and there's no speeder,or mission item to get up into the lounge lol

I guess it's like how long is a piece of string at the moment when it will get fixed considering how long some of the bugs have been on that list ..:rolleyes:

:)

Edited by Avorniel

The bug only affects gift packages created after 1.7.2, and doesn't not affect the old ones that might still be lingering in mailboxes.

Thats not right, i make a char on PTS about 2.5 weeks ago and i got only 2 flare guns in my mailbox and nothing more (no pet, no mount, no holo dancer......) :D

PTS is 2.0 and there is the bug also.

I reported this bug allready a long time ago and....no answer and ticket is gone :mad:

Edited by FWSWBN

• Dev Post

When I posted about this issue earlier, I told you that I would let you know when there was an estimate for a fix, and now we know!

Because we want players to have access to these items during Double XP weekend, we've decided to deploy a patch tomorrow morning that will resolve this. We're going to have a short maintenance period at 5AM CDT tomorrow. Afterwards, any new Digital Deluxe and Collector's Edition gift packages will contain the correct items. Any characters who didn't get the correct items after yesterday's patch will need to contact Customer Support to have them granted, as the patch will not be fixing any of the bad packages created after patch 1.7.2.

Thanks for your understanding!

When I posted about this issue earlier, I told you that I would let you know when there was an estimate for a fix, and now we know!

Because we want players to have access to these items during Double XP weekend, we've decided to deploy a patch tomorrow morning that will resolve this. We're going to have a short maintenance period at 5AM CDT tomorrow. Afterwards, any new Digital Deluxe and Collector's Edition gift packages will contain the correct items. Any characters who didn't get the correct items after yesterday's patch will need to contact Customer Support to have them granted, as the patch will not be fixing any of the bad packages created after patch 1.7.2.

Cool. Thanks Amber. Just started a new Consular and she will be happily cruising Coruscant in my DD speeder shortly. :)

Thanks for the speedy fix and update

:)

• 2 weeks later...