So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?

Lord_Karsk

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I am Master Gnost-Dural and I disapprove of this message. Just check out my holopics of the good old days on Tython and early days in the SIS.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120807203412/starwars/images/4/41/Gnost-Dural_SIS_JMGD.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/4/41/Padawan_Gnost-Dural_JMGD.jpg

They even caught me, and my Jedi ally, fighting Sith together! Look, we're not wearing any armor - we're so ******!"

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120807203654/starwars/images/e/eb/Dural_first_duel_JMGD.jpg

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091023150650/starwars/images/0/00/Jedi_Master_Allusis.JPG

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100219214926/starwars/images/2/2f/Bothawui3.jpg

Full traditional armor just with some poor and small shoulder pads slapped on. Jedi were dressing like this for centuries.

Btw what matters atm is that devs SAID this almost exactly a year ago:

And Eric himself responded to the pictures in this thread :[

Well this is kinda priceless.

I already said that you can get basically all those looks from the timeline videos except the long sleeves.

As for the other pics you had with some shoulder pads on, those are exactly the types of armour that some people here seem to be raging against. "jedi don't wear armour" and all that stuff.

And as for what the devs said, they have indeed put out some more traditional looking sets already. For example the jolee bindo set, the diabolist set (For sith) and the relnex set.

And alot of other sets too that combine to make pretty great "traditional" jedi sets.

And now that the marka ragnos set is out, the long sleeves seem to be coming too.

Also, the pic of gnost fighting a sith... if you look close you'll see that the sith is actually wearing a bit of armour. And gnost is arguably a jedi consular, and they don't wear armour anyway (but they still fight).

Edited by OddballEasyEight

For the record, Luke didn't wear iconic jedi robes in the movies because the idea of iconic jedi robes didn't exist. He didn't know that the robes Ben was wearing where old Jedi robes. Once he knew what traditional Jedi robes looked like he used them. Read the books.

Have there been many great Jedi who did not wear the classic robes? Yes. Are there great Jedi that did wear the classic robes? Yes. So my question is why are people so against the idea of people running around in Jedi robes with in a Star Wars game? Don't like the idea of wearing robes? OK don't wear them but don't try to limit other people. Also with the Dye system people can use these Jedi robes to make Dark Jedi robes. It will kill two birds with one stone.

I don't think anyone is against jedi running around in robes.

It's just that some people here refuse to accept this, this, this, this, this or this as jedi robes.

No, they haaaaaaaaave to look exaaaactly like they do in the movies... down to the last detail.

It's kinda funny because you don't see much whining like that in the other classes... sure, there are some that want the "iconic" mandalorian helmet in the game, but other than that, there are few complaints.

I don't think anyone is against jedi running around in robes.

It's just that some people here refuse to accept this, this, this, this, this or this as jedi robes.

No, they haaaaaaaaave to look exaaaactly like they do in the movies... down to the last detail.

It's kinda funny because you don't see much whining like that in the other classes... sure, there are some that want the "iconic" mandalorian helmet in the game, but other than that, there are few complaints.

I don't understand people such as yourself that are so opposed to a simple request. BW's business model is to make money with the CM. Since they pledge to keep the CM items cosmetic, does it not make sense to you for them to add items that are being heavily requested?

All of the "traditional" Jedi outfits that BW has put in game have issues with them that people such as myself find objectionable. For me there are three issues:

1) The pants are WAY TOO TIGHT. By far my biggest objections.

2) Belt outside of the outer robe

3) Short sleeves.

I don't understand people such as yourself that are so opposed to a simple request. BW's business model is to make money with the CM. Since they pledge to keep the CM items cosmetic, does it not make sense to you for them to add items that are being heavily requested?

All of the "traditional" Jedi outfits that BW has put in game have issues with them that people such as myself find objectionable. For me there are three issues:

2) Belt outside of the outer robe

3) Short sleeves.

I just don't understand why some people are so adament to get exact replicas of the movie outfits in-game.

You can easily make your own jedi outfits that are very similar to the movie ones.

As for your points:

1) You don't have to wear tight pants. You don't have to wear pants at all really. (also, the movie outfits have semi-tight pants, sure not skin-tight, but still not baggy pants. And they are tucked into the boots so all you basically see is the knee)

2) yeah, must be rough on you having that belt outside the robe...

3) Also, pretty nitpicky (like the 2 first points).

To compare to the other classes, if these 3 points are your main complaints, then you got off easy.

The other classes have nowhere near the ability to look like their "role models" from the movies.

You try to get a decent looking Boba/Jango Fett, Clone Trooper or Smuggler.

Good luck.

I'll be able to pick out 10 things that are hugely different from the movies on each one.

The reason I even comment on these demands (because they are not requests, they are pretty much demands) is because they are so damned petty.

Seriously. Listen to yourselves for a second here.

"The pants are too tight. The sleaves are too short. The belt is on the outside of the robe."

Relly?

I'm surprised you arent complaining about the boots being too short too since obi-wans boots go all the way up to the knee.

Do you really need to create a clone of the jedi in the movies to be able to enjoy the game?

If you do, then there is something seriously wrong here.

I see people playing bounty hunters, smugglers, troopers and sith without feeling the need to look exactly like they did in the movies.

They are satisfied with looking pretty close but still different.

I know this or a similar problem from DDO : The pants (and most of the body-tight armor anyway) is modelled so ... tight that someone in the DDO forums came up with the expression that it looks like a condome.

Perhaps this "tightness" that the pants were translated into the German-language client of SWTOR not as "Hosen" (plural form of Hose = "pair of trousers", we don't use a "pair" of it in the German language, we see it as 1 piece of clothing, therefore "Hose" is a singlular form, whereas "Hosen" is the plural form used for several pairs of trousers) but instead as "Gamaschen" (here, only a plural form exist, as far as I know), which is an more accurate yet ancient woird no-one uses nowadays because in RL no-one is making Gamaschen anymore. Look here for Gamaschen : http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamasche ( oops, it indeed has a singular form ! )

Wikipedia translates them as "Gaiters".

But in fact, most trousers in SWTOR look rather like superman-costume trousers ...

I personally like some of the Jedi armors in this game, particularly the armor the knight wears on the character creation screen. It makes sense there would be some armoring. But I'm not at all opposed to them making some more traditional armor, too. People should be able to look how they want. They still don't have the creation screen armor, though. They put in a version on the CC, but it does not have the shoulder armoring.... which is sad and strange.

I would like to see a hood toggle option, though. I mean, really, there's no reason that you should have to get two separate armors just to put a hood down. It's dumb, and it's not a lot of work to animate, as most of the models are already in the game. Just put them on the same armor. Plenty of Sith wish they could put their hood up, too.

Check out Sionn's pants. They look baggy and loose enough. :] Bioware is able to do nice pants.

I think they are overcoming some of the earlier design problems they might have had with long sleeves and baggy pants.

Like I said, the Marka Ragnos robe has long, wide, sleeves. Something that has not been in-game before.

They also have the slightly baggier pants of darth sion.

I'm thinking there might have been some earlier engine/design limitations that prevented these designs.

But, I am also sure that unless BW makes an outfit that looks exactly like this, most people in this thread will never be satisfied.

But, I am also sure that unless BW makes an outfit that looks exactly like this, most people in this thread will never be satisfied.

And why would that be so bad? ... You know, to actually give the customers what they want ... or would you rather that BW just keep producing great winners such as Czerka Corporate shirt or craptastic sets from Alderaan. There has to be at least a half a dozen other noble families from Alderaan that deserve their moment in the sun.

Aside from the lore outfits, I suspect that the Valiant & Eradicator sets are the two most popular. I wonder why??? Let's see no extraneous tubes or shoulder accoutrements. Belts inside the outer cloak. The pants do not look like they are painted on and leave a little bit to the imagination.

I currently wear Relnex on my guardian because it's probably the closest I will ever get to the look that I would like to wear. But as I stated in my previous post that set has some important short-comings. From a pure aesthetic standpoint, Valiant & Eradicator are much more appealing and much better designed armor sets.

But no, I'm sure that you are right. BW should keep on producing sub-standard products for the CM. I'm sure that will lead to a very healthy game in the long run.

What's the problem? They just need to put it all together. They already made everything needed for traditional/iconic Jedi look. Thing is - they're all on different pieces. :] They're almost there. xD

What i'd love as well would be also a vest without the brown coat, too.

What's the problem? They just need to put it all together. They already made everything needed for traditional/iconic Jedi look. Thing is - they're all on different pieces. :] They're almost there. xD

What i'd love as well would be also a vest without the brown coat, too.

Alec the day you get your Jedi Outfit is the day I get my Boba Fett armor. Just saying.

And why would that be so bad? ... You know, to actually give the customers what they want ... or would you rather that BW just keep producing great winners such as Czerka Corporate shirt or craptastic sets from Alderaan. There has to be at least a half a dozen other noble families from Alderaan that deserve their moment in the sun.

Aside from the lore outfits, I suspect that the Valiant & Eradicator sets are the two most popular. I wonder why??? Let's see no extraneous tubes or shoulder accoutrements. Belts inside the outer cloak. The pants do not look like they are painted on and leave a little bit to the imagination.

I currently wear Relnex on my guardian because it's probably the closest I will ever get to the look that I would like to wear. But as I stated in my previous post that set has some important short-comings. From a pure aesthetic standpoint, Valiant & Eradicator are much more appealing and much better designed armor sets.

But no, I'm sure that you are right. BW should keep on producing sub-standard products for the CM. I'm sure that will lead to a very healthy game in the long run.

Oh you mean, give a tiny minority of the customers what they want because they whine about it all day?

The stuff in the CM is not sub-standard just because you don't like it.

There is a ton of stuff there that is very popular, hell, ive even seen people wearing the "ugly" Czerka shirt or the "craptastic" alderaan sets...

You strike me as a spoiled teenager that gets upset at xmas because they got an iPhone 4S instead of an iPhone 5... And now their world is ruined.

Oh and like the guy above me pointed out, you are so blind in this quest for the exact replicas that you didn't even notice that one of the pictures you used as "proof" that they existed in this time, has one of the major flaws you are crying about. Short sleeves....

Look's a lot like robes in game that you are saying isn't good enough, short sleeves and all.

Oh and like the guy above me pointed out, you are so blind in this quest for the exact replicas that you didn't even notice that one of the pictures you used as "proof" that they existed in this time, has one of the major flaws you are crying about. Short sleeves...

Look further into the background. Game's world features traditional robes as well, along the crazy and exaggerated stuff for consulars, but they're just not found in the game.

So I knew what I was posting here : l

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

This kind of an armor is not part of the thread but I totally wouldn't mind this :p

btw Zayne is not wearing his Jedi robes because he's on the run, no?

Look further into the background. Game's world features traditional robes as well, along the crazy and exaggerated stuff for consulars, but they're just not found in the game.

So I knew what I was posting here : l

Pssst... those guys in the background also have short sleeves...

just sayin'

As for Zayne, he never once wears "traditional" jedi robes... And neither does his master (or the other padawan's masters).

In fact, he has all the hallmarks of a "bad" jedi robe as outlined here on the forums.

He has short sleeves, belt on the outside of the robe and tight pants.

Not only that, but it's not even brown, its white! *ghasp*

You know that looks like this and this

We have asked forever and still nothing.Lots of jedi playing this game you know and many of us

actually want to look like they do in the real star wars universe.

I support this thread!

I think my favorite Jedi gear was the Black hole Consular gear that made my female consular look like an ancient egyptian temple prostitute;)

Edited by Samaul

Oh you mean, give a tiny minority of the customers what they want because they whine about it all day?

The stuff in the CM is not sub-standard just because you don't like it.

There is a ton of stuff there that is very popular, hell, ive even seen people wearing the "ugly" Czerka shirt or the "craptastic" alderaan sets...

You strike me as a spoiled teenager that gets upset at xmas because they got an iPhone 4S instead of an iPhone 5... And now their world is ruined.

Oh and like the guy above me pointed out, you are so blind in this quest for the exact replicas that you didn't even notice that one of the pictures you used as "proof" that they existed in this time, has one of the major flaws you are crying about. Short sleeves....

It's funny how that when your logic runs dry you must rely on personal attacks. As I stated a half a dozen posts ago, my evaluation of the items in the current Cartel pack is based upon the noticeable decrease in the prices on the GTN.

FWIW, I am more than happy to support anyone else championing specific items in the CM. I'd love to see more plain black robes for Sith and more proper Mando gear for BH's, etc etc. It just so happens that for me Jedi robes (in particular robes that aren't skin tight) are most important to me. The apparent strategy for items in the CM seems to be reskins with varying colors of blinking lights on them.

I would suggest that much more than a vocal minority would love to see outfits that are simpler and more fitting to the SW universe. This has been a recurring theme on these boards since launch. BW has acknowledged as much, yet we are a long way from their acknowledgement to actually seeing results.

BTW, check the posts, I wasn't the person that posted any pictures. I believe Alec did. If you want to make ad hominem attacks on me at least due me the favor of attacking me for things I've written. I learned the value of that in my 4th grade class this year.

• 3 weeks later...