How do you get into LFG raids?

Aldomor

You don't level through raids. Also it's better to level up going through your class story alongside doing planet side quests. Doing flashpoints of the planets level your on helps you gear accordingly as well as getting your commendations for that planet. You turn in commendations for more gear.

To get groups it's generally best to go to your factions fleet and use general chat to lfg. There is no looking for group queue. Your first flashpoint should be around level 10. If you're republic it's esseles, imperial it's black talon. The first flashpoint is 2man, every other one is 4 man recommended.

Edited by kyamazuki

You mean Flashpoints?

There's no automatic LFG system like in that other game. You flag yourself or ask on General chat on either the planet you're on (appropriate level range) or the fleet. There's a FP at around 10, 17, 21, 25, 28, 30s (double), 41, 45, 49, and three (one double you get from doing the Ilum solo chain and one separate one) at 50. There are also heroics that have less elaborate mechanics, but definitely teach group play if you aren't familiar with TOR's specific variant of that.

Because of this, it's good to start grouping at an early level. There's a virtuous cycle where if you like grouping with certain people and vice versa, you'll find your friends list and your grouping options growing so that you may not have to spam the chat lines so much as you go along. People will ask you, you'll ask them, you may even join a guild through someone...

It's tougher to solo to 50 and start building connections *then*, because (1) you need to have finished normalmode Flashpoints to do hardmode versions, which is what most geared players are going to be interested in, and (2) people want to take friends, guildmates, and others they're familiar with with first. So there are opportunities, but it's definitely harder.

Edited by flem

I'm guessing that leveling in this game is better done through raids

You don't level in raids. Raids are endgame content done at max level that require larger groups than the regular group content. In this game they are not officially called raids but Operations and are done at level 50, in 8 or 16 player groups (as opposed to Flashpoints and heroic missions that have 4 player limit).

I usually hang out by the entrance or area of interest and ask players groups that come by or put LFG flag in /who list or whisper to LFG flagged players in that list then post LFG "" mission"

Young Padawan Sentinel Aldomor you will wield your dual lightsabres as a DPS (Damage Per Second).

Let your tank strike first then attack same target,(F1 then Alt+T), also protect your healer from any Adds.

I'm still learning.

Edited by DelphinHunter

• 2 weeks later...

To get groups it's generally best to go to your factions fleet and use general chat to lfg. There is no looking for group queue. Your first flashpoint should be around level 10. If you're republic it's esseles, imperial it's black talon. The first flashpoint is 2man, every other one is 4 man recommended.

Actually, for Jedi, there is a Heroic +2 on Tython called Chamber of Speech. Before I knew what I was doing I helped someone out with that one and then came back and solo'd that one. There's one or two on Korriban as well.