Stunned 44x in a 10-12 minute Voidstar Match

Mercbenz

I feel like the other team had it out for you if you got stunned 44x. Maybe a practical joke. Are you counting roots, slows, pulls and knockbacks?

If not i'd say you had an unlucky match. Even for a melee class.

I'm sure he's counting ALL CC's, not just "stuns". Even if it were half the 44 he claimed, it would be far too **edit**ing many.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he's counting ALL CC's, not just "stuns". Even if it were half the 44 he claimed, it would be far too **edit**ing many.

Being stunned half as much as he claimed would only be about 1 minute across the 10-12 minutes, That's less than 10% of the match (7.5%-10%) using his math. Not so bad.

I wonder what the sweet spot would be. (5%)

When I clicked the thread I expected a video with actual stun counter in the corner and funny music("hit me baby one more time ohhh" :D ) and instead I got another boring whine post without entertainment value. Shame on you OP.

OMG that sounds like a fun idea... I think I might have to make one of these tonight. or soon. :eek:

I am thinking some "Freeze Frame" by the J Giles Band... is that right?

Edited by Striders

OMG that sounds like a fun idea... I think I might have to make one of these tonight. or soon. :eek:

I am thinking some "Freeze Frame" by the J Giles Band... is that right?

I don't have time so go, go, go.

Freeze Frame?

ha nice one. Don't forget to put flash bangs when they take pictures at the beginning lol Edited by MelodicSixNine

i am going to back pedal away from this post.

it's faster to walk normally. Let me just keyboard turn around, here...

When I clicked the thread I expected a video with actual stun counter in the corner and funny music("hit me baby one more time ohhh" :D ) and instead I got another boring whine post without entertainment value. Shame on you OP.

BENNY HILL

DOOOO ITTTT

Edited by Zunayson

I was also under the impression using your stuns strategically would be important. Since 1.4 it seems people just use it when it's up because there's no real harm most of the time. I see lowbies popping knock back in the worst situations just cause it is up as well. In ranked this issue wasn't bad as good teams do use stuns strategically but now bubble throws that out the windows. It's to the point that I'd rather burn down the tanks than go after a great bubble sage/sorc.

I sent in a ticket and got that same response, it's a template.

In an effort to make this productive, lets get more stun match counts and ideas how to fix this (since BW clearly can't).

I love the shorter cool down on the breaker, but I think it needs a small immunity window.

Stunning a stunned player could backfire, break their stun, or maybe just add a lot of resolve.

Resolve could fill 4x but full resolve may make you debuffed and take say 10% more damage.

Roots should add resolve

I'd like a red text message when stunned

Saying a KB isn't strategic could be guys like me using them when my healer is stunned and getting stunlocked. It might appear to be a bad time if you are not guarding someone and watching your teams health bars like a tank and healer.

As to stuns in this game its pretty fair that if you don't like the mechanic at this point its time to quit. This game has more stuns and cc than any other game on the market today. This is at this point a design feature. The game has a reputation. If you think spending that amount of time under CC is unacceptable stop playing.

I think its a joke and exploit the heck out of the CC system. Make an assassin. Just ruin everyones game pvp experience by using all your CC constantly. I figure if everyone constantly is able to CC we should and then everyone will unsub or quit and they won't have any money and then we can get a real pvp development staff after it goes open source. I mean we get P2W in 3 days!

Saying a KB isn't strategic could be guys like me using them when my healer is stunned and getting stunlocked. It might appear to be a bad time if you are not guarding someone and watching your teams health bars like a tank and healer.

As to stuns in this game its pretty fair that if you don't like the mechanic at this point its time to quit. This game has more stuns and cc than any other game on the market today. This is at this point a design feature. The game has a reputation. If you think spending that amount of time under CC is unacceptable stop playing.

I think its a joke and exploit the heck out of the CC system. Make an assassin. Just ruin everyones game pvp experience by using all your CC constantly. I figure if everyone constantly is able to CC we should and then everyone will unsub or quit and they won't have any money and then we can get a real pvp development staff after it goes open source. I mean we get P2W in 3 days!

Sad but true. I don't want anyone quitting, we need the PvPers, but it's blatantly obvious at this point that Bioware is 100% inept at this. I find it funny that CC's are one of the #1 complaints of PvP, and they make Resolve WORSE in 1.4. It's intentional at this point...that or gross incompetence.

I like to pvp because i like the challange of fighting against a living thinking person, but the CC in this game detracts from that, since 1.4 its now PVCC not PVP. In my opinion they went heavy on the CC because they cant get the class ballance right so instead of working on that they instill heavy CC to attempt to lvl the playing field.

While i do not keep track of how many times im CC'ed to death it is certainly more than i would like and do not feel its fun or challanging to play. We are no longer playing against a player we are playing against the mass CC we recieve, and in this case we might as well PVE because there is no differance. In Wz's we are what amounts to as WZ training dummys.

I like to pvp because i like the challange of fighting against a living thinking person, but the CC in this game detracts from that, since 1.4 its now PVCC not PVP. In my opinion they went heavy on the CC because they cant get the class ballance right so instead of working on that they instill heavy CC to attempt to lvl the playing field.

While i do not keep track of how many times im CC'ed to death it is certainly more than i would like and do not feel its fun or challanging to play. We are no longer playing against a player we are playing against the mass CC we recieve, and in this case we might as well PVE because there is no differance. In Wz's we are what amounts to as WZ training dummys.

What do you mean? Why shouldn't my tank in tank stance rocking dps gear be crit hitting players for 4.5-6k from stealth while you are kb'd and then stunned?

This game has got it all figured out. Huge Burst, big gear gaps and a ton of CC. Its a paradise for a certain class of gamer.

Stuns just become part of the game at this point since its been that way for so long. What is even more frustrating for myself is losing control of my character for 4+ seconds and still taking damage. Now from what I can remember from PvP in WoW (its been a while) is that if you are CCd in any way shape or form, as soon as you take a tick of damage even from a DoT you immediately break stun. Its so frustrating to spawn with 0 resolve, get stunned and smashed then force choked while taking ranged attacks and dead before you can even hit one ability. In my opinion, CC is intended to incapacitate a target while others are burned down or to interrupt casting such as taking a healer out of the equation for a few seconds but not to burn that player down who loses control of his or her character. Its insane!

Stuns in WoW were the same as stuns in SWTOR. They don't break on damage. WoW's cc system was much worse because CCs were in different categories of diminishing returns. Meaning classes with diff CC categories could chain CC a person for over 30s. In SWTOR, all CC add to resolve, so you can't be chain CC for longer than 16s.

I sent EA customer service a message regarding the stuns. Here is their response.

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us.

We appreciate the time you took to send us your impressions and ideas, and we can assure you that our Development team is always interested in receiving constructive feedback from our players.

To ensure that your ideas are seen by the right people, we recommend posting them on our Suggestion Box forum at http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349 so that they can be seen by the Development team. While our Developers may not post in every thread created there, they do read the forums on a regular basis, and are constantly looking for feedback from our players.

Thank you for your understanding, and we hope to see your ideas posted on the Suggestion Box soon.

We can aslo recommend visiting our help centre for answers to any questions you may have.

The help centre is available at http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter.

While we understand the frustration your issue may cause, we would like to assure you that we are doing our utmost to ensure that our players have the best possible game play experience.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you require further assistance with this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid X1-A1

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

I sent BW a message about needing a "pause" feature for accepting a WZ queue when you have to go afk to take a quick dump and they replied to me with pretty much the same message.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Even though it's an insulting post, genius idea!!! I wish I did that, I don't have fraps etc. set up. I was counting off in Vent though with my team. No one ever looked over and said you're dead bs, or I see you and you're not stunned. So aside from human error, this was as accurate as it gets.

Few more notes

I actually missed most roots

I was trying to take down the Sage with Bubble so this exaggerated the count I'd assume

I was on my "Lesser known" Melee class that isn't well geared. So it's doubtful I was targeted.

This is my issue with it. There's no thinking or strategy in stuns anymore, it's a spamathon.

Another great point mentioned by someone earlier is that most people are in the Deathmatch mindset (I jokingly call PUG Huttball Deathmatch with a Ball because it's how people play it). BW really should reward objectives more or better educate. People just think if I kill more I must be winning. As for the 44x stun match, it was Voidstar which is as close as it gets to Deathmatch so that + me focusing their heals probably bumped the total from a "normal or average". Still ridiculous.

Edited by Mercbenz

The best thing happens when you get the ball and you can't move: stun, stun, stun, root, root, root, root, root, root, root, root, root, root, root, root, stun, root, root, root, root, root, root, stun, root.

I am joking. You can't survive that long for all this to happen :D.

This is win.

IMHO if you die CCed it should take off significant time off your cc breaker. I go in, get CCed wait till full resolve, use cc breaker, usually die. Then I come back and have at least 1 to 1.5 minutes till my cc breaker is back up, so now im just a chain cc away from another death.

Why am I not surprised by this reaction. Awesome contribution to the thread though.

As for some of the other posts, good points that this doesn't even count roots. It's also good to know I seem to not be the only one that never gets resolve anymore.

My point was how insane it was once I counted it. If you throw roots and snares in there, it's pretty likely that you'll be incapacitated in some way for 30% of a fight or more. There's got to be better systems where players aren't handcuffed for minutes per WZ.

I'm just answering your question.

Resolve bar is kind of useless for me. When i get my first stun and have cc breaker on cd, 1 man can damage me, then he puts another cc on me, and... wow my resolve bar is full but im still cc'ed and can't do **** so im still damaged. Yay my resolve is full so no one can stun me for few seconds so lets do some damege to that guy, but wait.... CC on me is gone and resolve bar started decresing like a second after i am releasd from cc. Never mind, dude has his crowd control skills on cd. Damn, his friend arrives with new set of cc's.

That's how it looks like. If you don't have cc breaker you can forget about resolve.

Edited by contactlost