Skrigg - 50 Vanguard Shield Spec - PvP Live Stream

Skrigg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you post the spec your running with? Also what skill priority do you use?

Thanks!!

This is the spec that I generally run for PvP http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801RRGbdRrogzZMsoZb.1

You can of course swap out a few things based on personal preference. My skill rotation is generally Sticky Grenade, Storm, Stock Strike, HIB, Energy Blast. Then I use a priority of HIB > Stock Strike > EB> Everything Else.

Use both taunts on cooldown if possible. And always have guard on someone preferable people who are being focused.

Also, what rifle are you using? I kinda like the blocky, round barrel of it.

Champion's Supercommando' Rifle

God, do you ever die? I just watched some of your footage from yesterday, and I think in 3 matches I saw you die twice. Both times it took nearly the entire opposing team to focus you down.

So glad I chose Vanguard to be my main.

Can't PvP yet because my laptop gets horrible FPS. Can't wait until I get my tax return and use it to fix my desktop!

God, do you ever die? I just watched some of your footage from yesterday, and I think in 3 matches I saw you die twice. Both times it took nearly the entire opposing team to focus you down.

So glad I chose Vanguard to be my main.

Can't PvP wyet because my laptop gets horrible FPS. Can't wait until I get my tax return and use it to fix my desktop!

Yeah full defensive gear lets me last a really long time, especially when I am in a group.

Nice round. What setup are you running that you don't appear to have any lag? I wish my PvP rounds were that smooth :(

I5 -3.5ghz

GTX 570

4g

Besides not suffering from lag and your continuous movement, what do you think is the biggest key to a successful vanguard? Is it the dedicated healer that you carry with you through Ilum and the PvP rounds? He/she does a fantastic job, btw!

Besides not suffering from lag and your continuous movement, what do you think is the biggest key to a successful vanguard? Is it the dedicated healer that you carry with you through Ilum and the PvP rounds? He/she does a fantastic job, btw!

Well I would have said good mobility but since you named that in a pre-made yes the rest of my team is a huge reason for success. In solo play its just trying to counter play against my enemies, knowing what classes skills do and what they look like is a pretty huge deal.

He's pretty much one of the hardest to kill Vanguard I've seen so far.

I'd know.

I killed him.

Then again, it was huttball, and there were like a bunch of us trying to kill him. And it was quite a bit long ago. So... in reality, we killed him =P.

Edited by Lakevren

What are your tertiary (and so forth) stats for your equipment that you strive for? I would think it would be : defense, power, crit, alacrity.

I have the Supercommando and the Combat Tech sets and I swap out defensive/offensive gear based on who I am que'ing with and against. In Huttbal I tend to use gear with defense/shield chance/absorb for running the ball. For offensive stats, critical/power/surge. Alacrity is for people with cast times so i try to stay away from that.

Very cool of you to stream. I'm myself a lvl 29 vanguard and this gives me a good motivation boost to get to 50. :D

Q : Is there anything I can do to reduce the lag in Warzones? Your stream is flawless. *jealous*

Try turning shadows off as well as reducing other settings.

What do you suggest a Shield Spec Vanguard get first for pvp gear? The Combat Tech or Supercommando?

Supercommando. The gear will help you live longer when solo que'ing. DPS gear will come later when you get doubles of tokens and such and then you can swap in and out based on what you are doing.

Looking at your spec I noticed you had 32 points in Shield instead of the usual 31/8/2 split I see for most tanking builds and just had a couple of questions.

Is Neural Overload worth the point? Does Ion cell proc enough to make it worthwhile?

Why didn't you take Rebraced Armor? It seems like more armor would always be a good thing.

Is smoke grenade worthwhile in PvP?

Thanks for streaming these matches. They're great for growing Vanguards. :)