I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

TheBBP

Just because someone doesn't agree with a single aspect of the game or the future of this game, does not mean, that this aspect should not be expanded anyway.

SGRs is a hot topic since release or even before and Bioware is well known for including SGRs in their games... so I honestly do not understand the fuss about this.

Also I see it as extremely hypocritic to claim SGRs being a danger to youth, while violence and bloodshed and slavery (as all proposed as beneficial behaviour in the empire) are not at all a danger to the youth.

You are running with an off-topic argument that has nothing to do with the nature of this thread.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also find that the ones calling the shots must be reminded of that. Many other more important features and functions far exceed than the need for SGR. Certainly not as much as Guild functions, or other stuff that everyone can participate in. It's simple logic. The extra resources should've went to more pressing matters.

What extra resources? It takes the same amount of resources to include a 'normal' line of dialogue as it does to record a 'flirt'.

It's important to remember, and a yellow has clarified this, that these are SGRs. Not SGRAs. There is no continuing romance with any character. It's one line of flirting every now and then. Same as any planet.

Edited by Bomyne

Regarding whether or not a toggle option is discriminatory;

Yes and no. It's depends entirely on what it would do.

There are times when your character flirts with an npc and there are times when an npc flirts with your character. If you can toggle off the dialogue options which have your character flirting with an npc, then I think that is fine. It amounts to being able to choose the sexual orientation of your character.

However, if a toggle stops npc's flirting with you, then it IS discriminatory because it amounts to a "I don't want gays in my game" option.

The choices aren't meant to be things you would do, they are things to be done. It would be like having a Light side/Dark Side toggle, then then game just makes the choices for you.

This whole conversation is probably moot anyhow, I understand they already have Makeb in internal playtesting, this means the story is done, voiced, and implemented, including SG Flirts. Since there is no current tech in the game that allows you to hide certain conversation bits, its unlikely that they are going to at this point in the cycle develop that new tech, its just not likely to be worth the time and resource investment for such minimal impact.

Nothing in this game benefits everybody. The difference is that the vast majority of the player base is in a guild and would benefit from guild functionality. Whereas, only a small minority portion of the player base will benefit from SGRs.

Bioware disagrees with the part I bolded and underlined.

Bioware disagrees with the part I bolded and underlined.

I am not sure they do. Seems to me that if they really wanted SGR's they would have had it in at launch and the options would have been all through the game and I suspect suddently every person you meet would be bisexual so everyone can romance them like Dragon age. However they are currently putting in SGR on a single planet which seems to have upset the people against SGR as its going in and people for SGR because they see it as too little too late. Personally I dont care about SGR I wont follow that story ark and the only thing that is kinda good about SGR is it seems BW listen to the players some of the time and adds what they want.

hopefully this statement will be neutral enough so as not to lock the thread... but here we go

I think people need to keep in mind that a SGR is not necessarily homosexual... for example

if in RL you are a male and your game character is female then it might be akward if your game romance partner is male

and the reverse

If in RL you are a female and your game character is male then it might be akward if your game romance partner is female

take into consideration that there is content tied to romance all the SGR really does is let you experience all the game content

all the more reason to play a male if you are male and a female if you are female.

I am not sure they do. Seems to me that if they really wanted SGR's they would have had it in at launch and the options would have been all through the game and I suspect suddently every person you meet would be bisexual so everyone can romance them like Dragon age. However they are currently putting in SGR on a single planet which seems to have upset the people against SGR as its going in and people for SGR because they see it as too little too late. Personally I dont care about SGR I wont follow that story ark and the only thing that is kinda good about SGR is it seems BW listen to the players some of the time and adds what they want.

I think just about any character can have a SGR flirt but that character may become hostile if they are a straight character, just as in the real world.

Also, you can't romance just anyone in Dragon Age.

SGR's and other things that were supposed to be in at Launch weren't due to Time and other Constraints. BioWare ACTUALLY did want it to be IN the Game at Launch.

I'm sorry but it is a fact, through and through.

The fact is that SGR and SGRA does not detract from guild functionality.

It's not just one person doing everything in TOR. It's a large team. A few large teams probably. A few large teams that are working on a lot of different things.

The fact is that SGR and SGRA does not detract from guild functionality.

It's not just one person doing everything in TOR. It's a large team. A few large teams probably. A few large teams that are working on a lot of different things.

These people don't understand that a big company with a complex product isn't like their job at McDonalds where everyone can cover everyone else.

SGR as is currently being implemented is only being added to new content. This story content needed to be written and voiced, so deliberately saying there will be so many SGR interactions during the planning stage is no additional work. Additionally, the people who do story and voice acting don't make Guild UI or Flash Points.

The idea that SGR in future content is taking away from other core features that the game should have is silly at best.

I'm sorry but it is a fact, through and through.

Might you provide us a link to the statistics you have gathered to support this claim? If it is a fact, then it should be able to withstand peer review.

Anecdotal evidence is not empirical.

This v

SGR as is currently being implemented is only being added to new content. This story content needed to be written and voiced, so deliberately saying there will be so many SGR interactions during the planning stage is no additional work. Additionally, the people who do story and voice acting don't make Guild UI or Flash Points.

That's the only legitimate counter argument to my desire to get to choose our voice actors for our character. While not impossible, it would be outrageously difficult for Bioware to get everyone back and have them go through all lines of every class of their respected sex. It's just impractical, as much as I would love that - now with the f2p transition (which usually isn't a good sign from an original sub-based model) - there would be so much money involved it's not even funny.

Edited by tXHereticXt

Might you provide us a link to the statistics you have gathered to support this claim? If it is a fact, then it should be able to withstand peer review.

Anecdotal evidence is not empirical.

Well i will challenge you to do the same, Provide links with factual numbers and THEN you can state that it is a minority. Not before.

Since the start of this thread lots of people keep telling the same thing and No One ever came up with links or number even if always challenged. So please keep your strawman arguments from the debate, and that goes for each side.

Well i will challenge you to do the same, Provide links with factual numbers and THEN you can state that it is a minority. Not before.

Since the start of this thread lots of people keep telling the same thing and No One ever came up with links or number even if always challenged. So please keep your strawman arguments from the debate, and that goes for each side.

I'm not stating anything is, or isn't, a majority/minority, I'm simply asking someone who is claiming something is 100% true to provide their evidence to back that up. Read through all these pages, I've never once voiced a preference one way or another.

If I were to take a stance, its against people making stuff up.

I'm not stating anything is, or isn't, a majority/minority, I'm simply asking someone who is claiming something is 100% true to provide their evidence to back that up. Read through all these pages, I've never once voiced a preference one way or another.

Then let's just agree that the size of the audience is unknown.

Honestly I could care less about toons being same gender being "special friends". However, my only concern is that this bit of sillyness is holding back more class story, whichi am pretty sure everyone wants. So if it boils down to..." makeb has no class story because that time was devoted to sgr's" then I am firmly against it. Given a choice I would prefer more class story to allowing some sith warrior male to get "happy" about malavai quinn...if it's a trade off based on hours available for development. Edited by planet_J

I am stating my opinion. I have said several times over that I do not speak for everyone and that this is merely my opinion until someone can show me otherwise. This is not about how many people there are that think that SGRs are OK for the game. Many of the people who think that SGRs are OK for the game also would not be bothered if SGRs never made it into the game. It is about how such a small of a portion of the people that SGRs actually caters to that actually feel that SGRs are vital to the experience and that there could have been other things done instead that would benefit the vast majority of the player base.

Then show us some numbers and prove your point. Still not sure how that's a difficult thing to ask.

You know, actual, accredited numbers with sources.

^This. I said it before and i will say it again you keep making the same statement over and over again about majority/minority and you divert it by saying it is "just my opinion". See the problem is that if you had said this once it would have been fine but the fact you keep saying it means you have decided it is a empirical fact. As such if you wish for people to continue to heed what you say then please actually justify your standpoint with evidence.

Then show us some numbers and prove your point. Still not sure how that's a difficult thing to ask.

You know, actual, accredited numbers with sources.

The burden of proof is not on me. You can correct me with "accredited numbers with sources" if you like. But you can't tell me that I cannot share my opinion unless I can prove it.