What is your ability priority for Jedi Guardian?

evesman

I am interested in hearing what works in fights and what you think is the best order for your abilities to proceed in.

Example: At level 37, When I attack a mob, I use my saber throw and then force jump to attack them, next I use x, then y, then z.

Please include your level, what you are attacking (your choices may be different for different mobs or bosses), and what order you use in your abilities as well as any heals or buffs during the fight.

Thanks. :)

I guess it's something like this:

Saber Throw>Force Leap>Sunder>Overhead Slash>Force Storm>Force Sweep>Sunder

And then it's a matter of juggling cooldowns.

If I'm tanking several mobs, the sweep may happen earlier to get group aggro going, and challenging call could make an appearance depending on the enemy layout.

I guess it's something like this:

Saber Throw>Force Leap>Sunder>Overhead Slash>Force Storm>Force Sweep>Sunder

And then it's a matter of juggling cooldowns.

If I'm tanking several mobs, the sweep may happen earlier to get group aggro going, and challenging call could make an appearance depending on the enemy layout.

Do you find that you can take out higher level (1 or 2 lvls above) mobs and bosses with this technique or do you have to adjust tactics.

I personally find that I have to be two or more levels above for bosses and mobs are really tough if you get rushed.

Get 4-5 sunder stacks on, then use my hurty strikes!

Typically, throw, leap, sunder strike, bladestorm, guardian slash, hilt strike, pommel strike, master strike, sunder again (to keep stacks up), sweep (probably should do this earlier for the debuff, but dmg just isn't an issue). Guardian strike on cooldown, bladestorm on cooldown, combat focus lots, cyclone sweeps of a group otherwise slash a lot when nothing else is up. Strike if I'm low on focus and nothing else is up. I tend only to use stasis and push on elites really.

The throw will often be to a different mob than the one I leap to.

Do you find that you can take out higher level (1 or 2 lvls above) mobs and bosses with this technique or do you have to adjust tactics.

I personally find that I have to be two or more levels above for bosses and mobs are really tough if you get rushed.

At 37 you obviously don't have guardian strike yet, so look to get two sunder strikes (for 4 stacks of sunder armor) up before you use your high dmg attacks. If you're having an issue with a boss, send your companion in first to take some aggro/damage. Interupts are key, bind your kick somewhere very easy to use. Remember leap, stasis and push are all interupts too, so it can be fun to send in companion then use your leap as the interupt to their first special, and likewise time your statis and push to interupt as well. Medpack and cooldowns early rather than late. Umm, I think that covers most of what you need for elites. If you're still having trouble taking down equal level elites then look at gear for both yourself and your companion.