(New Content Patch) Allies -- 1.3 announced ?

Muskaan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding 1.3, there isn't a "guild alliances" features slated for that update. 1.3 will introduce more new features (like the Group Finder) to the game, though! We encourage you to check out SWTOR.com and our community blog for more news about 1.3 as it becomes available!

So, is that 1.4 that's being reported by the EA Fiscal report?

This is EA Fiscal Q1 which is April, May & June.

And not the Roman Calendar year. Please refer to the Investor Call link in the OP.

thanks for falling for it. I know you can always count on this forum <3

Wouldn't tools like cross server warzone and flashpoint finder help you better find "allies" to do content? Combine that with server transfers to get on more populated servers to find more "allies" to play with. Sounds like the perfect name for 1.3.

So, is that 1.4 that's being reported by the EA Fiscal report?
There's no indication of that. Allison is simply clarifying that 1.3's title of "Allies" does not refer to guild alliances. I'm guessing it will have something to do with a certain assassin droid companion that was leaked during beta.

EDIT The group finder as well, of course.

Edited by HeavensAgent

Regarding 1.3, there isn't a "guild alliances" features slated for that update. 1.3 will introduce more new features (like the Group Finder) to the game, though! We encourage you to check out SWTOR.com and our community blog for more news about 1.3 as it becomes available!
Will chat bubbles be in 1.3 as well? If not, which patch are they slated for? 1.4?

Its not a patch by the sounds of the text - its a 'content pack', which is EA speak for $$$$$
A content pack is an update. The first was already pushed live. The second, 1.3, is planned to make it to the live servers by the end of the first quarter, by the end of June.

Your statement is completely incorrect, though. Fiscal calendars always start the new year in April. As such Q1 is always April through June.

Fiscal years can start anywhere throughout the calendar year. Any 12 Month period. Not ALWAYS 1 APR-31Mar.:D

Your statement is completely incorrect, though. Fiscal calendars always start the new year in April. As such Q1 is always April through June.

Actually Fiscal Year starts whenever the heck you want it to start, not necessarily April 1.

Just an FYI for you - I'm not sure what their statement was hoping to accomplish either :p

Edit: Ninja'd by Moutlael

Edited by Sirwhiteknight

Fiscal years can start anywhere throughout the calendar year. Any 12 Month period. Not ALWAYS 1 APR-31Mar.:D
OK, granted. That said April is traditionally the start of the fiscal year for most companies, and considered the standard as a result. I'm sure there's a reason for this, but I've never looked into it to be honest. Edited by HeavensAgent

Actually Fiscal Year starts whenever the heck you want it to start, not necessarily April 1.

Just an FYI for you - I'm not sure what their statement was hoping to accomplish either :p

Edit: Ninja'd by Moutlael

You' re absolutely right.

However, EA's Fiscal year actually begins in April. The official EA investor's report confirms this as well.

(We had a long, long, long thread about EA's fiscal year back when we were speculating SWTOR's release date.)

OK, granted. That said April is traditionally the start of the fiscal year for most companies, and considered the standard as a result. I'm sure there's a reason for this, but I've never looked int it to be honest.

Tax Reasons.