Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

Cowboy up, bro. The originals were broken and now they are fixed.

When they give me the real life money they cheated me out of back, I will cowboy up. I dont care about credits, but real chash, refund an im good. I have spent a lot on packs.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the feeling I'm one of the few who likes the updated look. I went ahead and finally bought the preceptor and phantom sets. :D

We are also seeing a gross overreaction.

We were told weeks ago that the actual items did not match the advertised pictures on the Cartel Market. So we all knew that this was going to happen.

So we really shouldn't be all that upset. You bought it after you were warned it was going to be changed.

This is a simple request. Please change the phantom chest guard back to what it was PRIOR to Jan 8, 2013. The revision looks terrible. This was a huge mistake. if it was "wrong" before, then return it to being "wrong". It looked fantastic before. It was lithe and stealthy, minimalistic and sleek. Now it looked ridiculous.

You Chose Poorly with the decision to change it (fix it, whatever).

return it to what it once was. undo the change. LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMER BASE AND DO THE RIGHT THING. Guaranteed there is NOT ONE PERSON who likes the change. Remove the shoulders/hood thing and put it back to how it was. Please!

Agreed. Bait and Switch imo. If it was wrong before, they should've never sold it because I had no idea it was 'wrong'. I liked it just how it was. This new version? Garbage. I'd have never bought it.

It's obvious that the original "flat" looking appearances of these armor sets was a bug.

Yet the icons reflect the "flatness"; no stupid syringes on phantom gloves, no rug-hood on the chest piece. With the update, the model no longer reflects the icons. It's quite possible the pictures used on the cartel pack ads were incorrectly chosen as result of miscommunication and the "flat" sets were indeed the ones we should be getting.

Yeah and many people bought packs hoping for what was advertised only to get flat, painted on armor. Bioware finally fixed the issue and gave the outfits some character and people complain....

I don't find it to have 'character'. I find it to be the same boring sith inquisitor outfit I got thrust upon me at almost every mission completion. If I wanted one of those, I'd have had one of those a million times over.

I liked it the way it was. And I PAID REAL MONEY for it to be the way it was.

And in no way did I ever say it needed to be changed back and screw those who paid money trying to get the way it looks now. In any post where I've mentioned it, I have clearly suggested that an exchange needed to be available to allow BOTH camps to have what they wanted. Exchange phantom chest for great phantom chest, exchange revan robe for greater revan robe, etc.

That is shown on a man, I play a female, why should I assume it will look like a man in an advert on my female character? I check the gear prieview and see it looks good on a female, BUY! and later they change it, not right.

I got it out of a pack that I paid real money for. I did not buy it off the GTN. So eat your hat, sir, for making flagrantly false statements.

If you actually bought it in a pack, then you did not know how it looked on females, because it is a random drop. You bough it because you liked how it looked on the ad showing a male character with it. Therefore you knew how it was supposed to look and that the way it looked was wrong. It has now been fixed and you got what you paid for.

it's like buying a toaster and accidentally getting a blender in a toaster box. Then when store asks you to exchange your blender for a toaster THAT YOU PAID FOR, you say oh, sorry I want that blender now...

When they give me the real life money they cheated me out of back, I will cowboy up. I dont care about credits, but real chash, refund an im good. I have spent a lot on packs.

Reminds me of when I went to Wendy's the other day, and the chicken sandwich wasn't as good as it usually is. That is $8 I will never see again. :(

The trouble is, people interested in Cartel Packs and the possible images are more likely to be aware of any problems associated with such items. Having purchased a Cartel Pack to find the item is not the one they wanted they still have the option to leave it unbound and sell it on the GTN.

I don't go near the cartel packs, I don't like the odds on that kind of item acquisition. I had no idea the Phantom chest and gloves were supposed to look like the artwork on the cartel pack. I did however see that the models in preview mode looked nice and sleek, and importantly the object icon reflects this too. The Phantom Chestguard and Revan Chest plate are essentially the same hooded model now but the object icons are completely different.

I think the biggest problem I have is that a Cartel pack buyer, who gaining an item they didn't want (and this would probably account for most of the items gained) still had the choice to sell it on.

The GTN purchasers bought it at the time based on how it looked in the preview screens and have had no choice.

This. Exactly this.

Right or wrong, the items were rendered in the last patch the way they were. The people who bought them through the GTN (using the preview window) and equipped the items should not now be screwed because they didn't plan on the renderings being changed to "match the advertised piece."

Under the "it matches the advertisement" argument the change to spymaster is pointless, since it's not in the picture: http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/image.png. So, how was that one not "as adverstised?"

Also, under this logic, be sure you don't equip the new Fancy Reveler Outfit http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/swtor-fancy-revelers-top-skip-tracers-cartel-pack-2.jpg, because it will certainly be changed soon since it doesn't match the "advertised set." http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/swtor-skip-tracers-cartel-pack.jpg

(To clarify, please note the "advertised set" does not have any red in it. So, I'm sure the Fancy Reveler Suit will be changed soon. :rolleyes:)

I get the feeling I'm one of the few who likes the updated look. I went ahead and finally bought the preceptor and phantom sets. :D

We are also seeing a gross overreaction.

We were told weeks ago that the actual items did not match the advertised pictures on the Cartel Market. So we all knew that this was going to happen.

So we really shouldn't be all that upset. You bought it after you were warned it was going to be changed.

Please tell me where this announcement was made weeks ago - and it has to be a place where EVERYONE would see it, similarly to how they announced the speeder piloting blurb was incorrect and did not apply to an entire account. If it was NOT made in such a manner, and was only on the forum or dev tracker, then it is NOT an announcement that the majority of users will see. Less than 10% of any games population is likely to visit a forum EVER, so to only make announcements there, about items that cost real money, would be foolish, at best.

So no, we did not ALL know. Those who troll the forums were more likely to know, but even some of those didn't know as they liked the armor how it looked and did not seek out any threads pertaining to that armor.

This was a bad change. Just horrible.

A real fix would be that they make the pieces I already own unbound so I could sell them. I didn't know it was a bug. I saw it on the GTN, previewed, liked the way it looked and bought it.

Now I am stuck with armor that looks horrible, that I had no way in knowing it was bugged before. Unless I have to now check the forums before I buy every single piece of gear in this game.

So if they want to FIX it, they should make the pieces I have unbound, so I can choose to keep them or sell them.

If you actually bought it in a pack, then you did not know how it looked on females, because it is a random drop. You bough it because you liked how it looked on the ad showing a male character with it. Therefore you knew how it was supposed to look and that the way it looked was wrong. It has now been fixed and you got what you paid for.

it's like buying a toaster and accidentally getting a blender in a toaster box. Then when store asks you to exchange your blender for a toaster THAT YOU PAID FOR, you say oh, sorry I want that blender now...

Um, I didn't look at the advertisement to decide whether or not to buy the pack. I bought the pack, opened it and used the PREVIEW button to try it on when it turned out to be a chestpiece. So yes, I DID know what it would look like on a female character (and a male for that matter as I tried it on Corso too, just to see) before I decided to equip it.

I did not get what I paid for. Had it looked like this when I opened the package, I wouldn't have put it on and bound it to myself, I would have put it on the GTN. But that's not an option now, because I bound the item based on the preview window in game, not based on a tiny splash advertisement that didn't have a name over the top of the item.

It could be simple to fix.

A real fix would be that they make the pieces I already own unbound so I could sell them. I didn't know it was a bug. I saw it on the GTN, previewed, liked the way it looked and bought it.

Now I am stuck with armor that looks horrible, that I had no way in knowing it was bugged before. Unless I have to now check the forums before I buy every single piece of gear in this game.

So if they want to FIX it, they should make the pieces I have unbound, so I can choose to keep them or sell them.

From the simple fact that they're going to be fixed back in their original state? :)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5694308#post5694308

Joveth has also stated that he is pursuing more information on this. It seems very likely that the comment you linked to is wrong, because it is directly at odds with the patch notes and BWs previously stated intent.

Hi folks,

This change was unintentional and will be corrected in a future patch. Apologies for the inconvenience.

One question. How many months will we have to wait for the changes that took months to implement to be corrected?

Joveth has also stated that he is pursuing more information on this. It seems very likely that the comment you linked to is wrong, because it is directly at odds with the patch notes and BWs previously stated intent.

Actually, patch notes only mention two items being changed - Phantom and Preceptor - but a ton of items were changed, including non-cartel items.

So it's possible that TWO items were intentional and everything else was an accident.

Edited by Prettyevilish

And you did not think for at least a second that it's a bit odd that it looks different on Corso, than on the Ad?

Did the ad have a big sign over the puffy outfit that said "Phantom Chestpiece!" that I missed? Because last I looked those splash adverts just showed some pictures.

I had absolutely no reason to believe that the chest I received was one of the ones in the picture. Not all of the items in the pack make it into the advert picture. I assumed that was one of them and that ugly puffy robe was something else.

Edited by Prettyevilish

To be honest. I bought the spymaster top for it's look. The current change makes my character look terrible and clashes horridly with the skirt. Before this change, the skirt and top matched up nicely and looked good together.

I hate how my character looks now. She looks bloated and ugly with the 'fixed' spymaster top. I'd prefer an option to change the top back to what it was if possible.

Actually, patch notes only mention two items being changed - Phantom and Preceptor - but a ton of items were changed, including non-cartel items.

Spymaster, for example, was clearly suffering from the same problem: none of the detail meshes were showing up. Now it looks great, and finally gives me a good outfit for Talos Drelic. Once it is confirmed that the sets are now WAI, of course.

And you did not think for at least a second that it's a bit odd that it looks different on Corso, than on the Ad?

I dont care how it looks like on a male, on a female there was FINALLY a white catsuit option, so I started buying packs until I got it (hint, it was a lot more than a Wendy's chicken sammich). Now its gone, just give me my money back and it's fine, change it or refund it, either way.