Heavy Fabricator, whats your method?

Just 1 guy up top? 2 guys up top? We ran it yesterday, had two people pressing buttons up top, couldn't get him lower than 20%. Granted the hardest hitting DPS were doing the controls (because we were the only DPS in vent).

Is it better to just have one guy running the buttons and as much DPS as possible while his shields are down? Or is it better to have more guys up there and firing off the shield as much as possible?

We used 3 guys on top - with one guy calling out what to press. Getting his shield down ASAP is the key to killing him before enrage.

When his shield is down, everyone needs to drop everything and nuke him (same as SOA).

Also, ignore proximity droids; and kill the stun droids. Your DPS downstairs should be killing stun droids when his shield is up.

Same.

3 up top, a non idiot the only one calling out directions for the puzzle, and doing it as fast as possible.

Ran into the enrage timer when we did it our very first run not knowing the fight, but other then that never have.

Ran it yesterday. First 2 times we didnt have a real plan and were messing around. Third time he enraged. 4th we destroyed him fast.

At the end we ran with 3 uptop. 1 Healer, 1 Bounty Hunter, 1 Sniper (Me). But, I would break off of dps after 1 or 2 rotations and start clicking as early has possible.

Rotated from right to mid spot. After the 1 proximity droid spawn we were able to near constantly have the shields down. Don't wait for shields to come up before you start positioning or clicking especially if you are only clicking with 2.

We run it with 3 dps up top. If they are ranged they can still DPS him while his shield is down.

DPS sages are good as they can use force speed to run to the far terminal after every dps session.

If your guys up top are competent you can have the puzzle solved in like 10 seconds.

Ran it yesterday. First 2 times we didnt have a real plan and were messing around. Third time he enraged. 4th we destroyed him fast.

At the end we ran with 3 uptop. 1 Healer, 1 Bounty Hunter, 1 Sniper (Me). But, I would break off of dps after 1 or 2 rotations and start clicking as early has possible.

Rotated from right to mid spot. After the 1 proximity droid spawn we were able to near constantly have the shields down. Don't wait for shields to come up before you start positioning or clicking especially if you are only clicking with 2.

I am curious as to why you a sniper was picked to break off from DPS-ing the boss and focus on clicking the puzzle when both the BH and the healer are better choices for it.

As a sniper, you are higher DPS than the BH at range (since the BH has some melee skills which he wont be able to use from the platform). So, putting you fulltime on nuking the boss would make better sense.

Ideally the healer should be the one clicking the puzzle since the fight is not that healing intensive as long as people downstairs dont fat@ss proximity droids.

Sounds good. I will try running it again with 3 up top and everyone DPS'ing him while his shields are down.

Try and tank the proximity droids, but kill the stun droids ASAP

No, no -- just ignore the proximity droids completely; they dont move. People just needs to be aware and not hit them. Kill stun droid; tank boss. ideally 2 tank it to drop debuff on MT (he puts a stacking armor reduction debuff which can reduce MTs armor to 0. Not fun to heal at all).

We have 3 people who know the puzzle up top so there's no need for vent. We alternate between the same 2 jets. One tip I'll give is that you want to first put the top piece (assuming an already solved puzzle) in the column you want to solve the puzzle in next. Everything after will just make sense. On harder modes we rotate which buttons to press because of the biometric lockout debuff.