The "Problem" with 8 unique story lines

schmots

I can never stick with a class for long because I always want to know all the stories. :-).

This isn't a complaint thread, just kinda a fun one. I think the 8 stories are awesome and a great way to add replay to the 1-50. I just personally can't stick to one. I always want a good story, but as I always solo and don't pvp I don't want super hard pve.

So far running everything but a trooper up to at least 20 (past prologue getting ship) I would say smuggler and bounty hunter offer the most flexible of storyline options. Jedi seem to always be good, even the dark side options, and sith bad (of course that is how it would be) The agent is a nice story, just the empire's extreme evil bugs me some times.

I figured to stick to a smuggler, scoundrel. I have to try a new spec because with scrapper at level 26 I can't beat a level 20 boss.

Story also effects when I don't like a class. My play style fits the shadow/assassin roles, but the counselor story is boring(maybe it gets better), the sith more evil... not to mention the horrible end game pve gear for the sith inquisitors.

I feel I am almost forced (due to my own issues, not BW's) to play a power tech Bounty hunter, for decent story, some moral flexibility and pve survivability.

I realize this is TL;DR and asked no questions, I just wanted to kinda get it out there.

Anyone else have as much trouble as me picking a main and sticking with it due to play mechanics or story?

I'm gonna help you a bit :

Consular story : Horrible. I mean, it's so obvious, and totally boring. They tried to make the story about diplomacy, and this is good, but the plot is full of fail. And characters to.

Trooper : average for the chapter 1, fun for the special mission before correlia, rest is boring and dull. I don't even remember it. You are supposed to be the most elite squad of the whole republic, and you spend time running and talking while there is a damn war going on.

On the other hand :

Imperial agent : Awesome. Especially the chapter 2 and the ending (several different endings). Seriously, with some tweaks, the story could be the plot of a good solo game.

Smuggler (so far, lvl 36) : storyline average, but the conversations are awesome. It's like playing Han Solo (playing as a male, don't know for female).

I heard the JK story is cool, but I would seriously consider the IA if you are playing for the story.

Edited by erei