how to do a perfect space mission

nominay

Figured i'd finally get around to creating a video of how to do a perfect space mission.

I complete all objectives, never lose health, and don't use fancy gear. So if you or someone you know is having difficulty with any aspect of a space mission, have them watch these or send me a request for a different space mission video.

if you dont need help with the missions, hope you enjoy these videos nonetheless!

Zosha Advance:

Impossible mission:

Kalee Fortification:

Drexel Sweep:

Edited by nominay

Thanks for this, as I have had no problems with space missions, getting all objectives and more (taking out the bridge on a Captial ship is grand) with rarely a drtop in health. Then I hit Levels 42 and 43 and oh my!

1/ Kalee Fortification - I see what you've one, and where I was going wrong. I was concentrating too much on the Capitals' turrets and shields as these appeared to be taking me down when I flashed past. I'll try your way and see how I go:)

2/ Hydian Way Blockade - it's hectic, it's long but as long as you conserve some missiles for the minelayer you'll be fine. I set a missile on each fighter and follow with a laser blast and that finishes them quickly.

Now the problem missions:

3/ Drexel Sweep - I only need to survive the asteroids and the oncoming waves of fighters really, but the shields and armour (the latter an upgrade from Grade 5) just do not hold by the time the last big Star Cruiser appears. Then it's swarms of fighters, multiple turrets and hurtling asteroids. Have not competed this yet.

4/ Zosha Advance - Aw hell, that one is a tough ask. No matter what strategy it's never enough to keep me alive with swarms of fighters and Star Destroyers catching me every time in their crossfire. I like your approach and will try that out.

5/ Impossible Mission - Haven't received that one yet, but with my poor performance in these advanced missions I'll be wanting some upgrades up from 5. I don't pretend to be a fabulous player, and my reflexes are slowing with age, yet they are a tough ask at Lvl 44....for me at least.

Most are just plain boring now, and can be done while daydreaming or having a coffee - no need for WASD. These Advanced Missions - like going from "Easy" to "Murderous" in one move. I thought "X-Wing" was difficult at the time it came out, until I learned the strategies required to complete objectives. I'm guessing its the same here.

Edited by Lucridate

ive added a perfect drexel sweep if you want to take a look at it :)

and i say WASD keys bc using these keys, you dont have to think about what you're doing and you dont have to worry if dmg is coming your way (for the most part)

Edited by nominay

I hadn't used WASD before for any mission, not being a native WASD user yet I see now the importance. Drexel can overwhelm if you are not watching for the incoming hits, and I wasn't. I'll try it again.

Gave Zosha Advance a go this morning and just could not get more than half way. Even with Lvl 5 and a prototype Armour fitting I just took too much damage. The problem I see now is the incoming fire and no mater how complete the shield is, the hull is ripped to shreds by the point I get to. It's the darned special ship you say to avoid in Drexel. I go after it in Zosha to get rid of it's firepower. Obviously I should be dancing around it instead.

Try, try again:D.

Thankyou for your videos...at least they don't belittle those having a hard time like many other posters do (ie. "They're simple. You suck!").

• 3 months later...