4/5 columi after 1 ev run.

Can we agree this stuff is all to easy now?

This game is throwing epics left right and center, there is no feeling of accomplishment anywhere. With commendations, and no dropped loot to look forward to, the system has to be changed. Cmon bioware, commendation vendors cannot be the be all, end all for progression.

What happened to the days where you would do a raid to get the sets that ONLY DROPPED IN THAT RAID? Commendation gear should be an after thought, i look at the costs of commendation gear, you need what, 50 to 70 commendations for one item, but we literally got the entire bounty hunter and warrior columni set twice in one run. Which is not fine.

Im trying to take my time here but bioware is making it really hard. Ive done Every quest on my warrior once, even the repeatable ones. Did all the bonus series even though my friends told me it was a waste of time, i didnt space bar a single conversation, hit 50 in about a week. Fine, leveling curve is simplified, end game farm is where its at.

Flash forward to my first EV run where i leave the place by replacing every piece of tionese i had with columni. except my boots.

Is bioware afraid to put challenging content in the game? I said before things were to easy and had a bunch of people insult me for being an elitist, but everyone is walking around in full tier 2 these days, hell i sat afk in illum and got 4 champion pieces after doing the dailies.

Ive never played a game where everything is based on welfare epics, end game needs to be looked at, i decided im going to take every character to 50 once for the sake of story, and if nothing has changed by then, i might as well quit while im ahead. Thats a lot of time, a generous 2 months subs just in an effort to hope ill have to farm something, ANYTHING. But in no sense of the word should any hardcore or casual raider be ok with getting 4 pieces of their raid gear in one run. Its just not right.

that is definitely not the norm, I've been raiding for a couple weeks, and have been doing hard-modes flashpoints/ops, still 3/5.

Even if its not the norm, the bosses drop way to much loot, for an 8 man raid the boss to be dropping 4 to 6 items each is nuts. Flash back to wow and eq where a 40 man would net you 3 drops.

That switch encounter was the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen in a raid, you kill trash mobs while pushing buttons then you get 4 epics, WHAT THE F?

Cmon, how are you defending this system.

Edited by deserttfoxx

remember normal modes are for people to have fun. Its not about grinding loot. That is what the hard modes are for. And for everyone who gets 4/5 drops in one night, there are some that still get 0. Just chalk it up to you got extremely lucky and enjoy your fortune. If you really dislike it that much, DE your epics, and try again.

Even if its not the norm, the bosses drop way to much loot, for an 8 man raid the boss to be dropping 4 to 6 items each is nuts. Flash back to wow and eq where a 40 man would net you 3 drops.

That switch encounter was the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen in a raid, you kill trash mobs while pushing buttons then you get 4 epics, WHAT THE F?

Cmon, how are you defending this system.

It is really funny to read what Stockholmed WoW players have to say about other games.

It is really funny to read what Stockholmed WoW players have to say about other games.

Was that an insult to me, are you telling me to go back to WoW? Should i run through my track record of games, because my time in WoW wasnt very long, but im not so foolish as to think theres nothing that can be gained by following what they did right.

remember normal modes are for people to have fun. Its not about grinding loot. That is what the hard modes are for. And for everyone who gets 4/5 drops in one night, there are some that still get 0. Just chalk it up to you got extremely lucky and enjoy your fortune. If you really dislike it that much, DE your epics, and try again.

Well, lets hope this game can make it the long haul with people like you, pushing that mentality around.

It is too easy, even the bosses in EV hardmode is way to easy imo.

Its all about making the enrage, no really hard mechanics to get past. Which is really really sad, if the next set of bosses arent more interesting this game will die out when it comes to progression raids for sure.

Was that an insult to me, are you telling me to go back to WoW? Should i run through my track record of games, because my time in WoW wasnt very long, but im not so foolish as to think theres nothing that can be gained by following what they did right.

Haha so I misjudged, but please no, don't list out the games you churned out of. I do agree on your last point.

From what we've seen, the difference in 16 man and 8 man is huge. 8 man hard is roughly equal to 16 man normal. And 16 nightmare looks to be pretty serious. I think that we should wait at least until someone is 6/6 Nightmare mode on 16 man before complaining. Guess we should let Condemned complain once they clear 16. More logically though, you would wait until YOU are 6/6 Nightmare mode on 16 man AND in full Rakata before complaining.

As far as WoW goes, there were no raids at launch, so why we're looking at BioWare's first raid 3 weeks in like the specific raid or the entire system should be as smooth as something 7 years old is beyond me.

And finally, there are 4 new bosses coming to Karagga's, you could hop on the PTR and check those out if you were worried.

I think Yoda said something about patience somewhere, and most likely it applies to this situation.

EDIT: Fixed a sentence structure issue, my mind got ahead of my fingers.

Edited by Craxim

From what we've seen, the difference in 16 man and 8 man is huge. 8 man hard is roughly equal to 16 man normal. And 16 nightmare looks to be pretty serious. I think that we should wait at least until someone is 6/6 Nightmare mode on 16 man before complaining. Guess we should let Condemned complain once they clear 16. More logically though, you would wait until YOU are 6/6 Nightmare mode on 16 man AND in full Rakata before complaining.

As far as WoW goes, there were no raids at launch, so why we're looking at BioWare's first raid 3 weeks in like the specific raid or the entire system should be as smooth as something 7 years old is beyond me.

And finally, there are 4 new bosses coming to Karagga's, you could hop on the PTR and check those out if you were worried.

I think Yoda said something about patience somewhere, and most likely it applies to this situation.

EDIT: Fixed a sentence structure issue, my mind got ahead of my fingers.

The trash is the only thing that is harder on 16 man. The bosses themselves are no more challenging. Pylon boss may be more challenging, but P2 + P3 SOA mechanics favor 16 man. Additionally, there is no incentive to ever do 16 man. Why bother getting 16 of us together instead of splitting into 2 8 man's and getting the exact same loot?

To the OP: Also using "2 pieces of loot in 40 man's in WoW" is a pretty stupid argument, seeing as how 10 man raids dropped 3 pieces in the later stages of WoW. Do you gear extremely quickly in this game? Sure. There are still a minimal amount of people walking around in full Rakata.

WoW was famous for becoming a welfare epic game. I don't see why this is an issue in SWTOR.

Edited by Stoids

The trash is the only thing that is harder on 16 man. The bosses themselves are no more challenging. Pylon boss may be more challenging, but P2 + P3 SOA mechanics favor 16 man. Additionally, there is no incentive to ever do 16 man. Why bother getting 16 of us together instead of splitting into 2 8 man's and getting the exact same loot?

The damage done and the health of the boss, proportional to the number of players and the Tionese/Columni gear most guilds are walking into 16 man HM with makes it significantly more challenging. Not to mention it's harder to coordinate more people, in and out of raid, and the incentive is that the harder it is, the more respectable and fun it is to do. Also, it doesn't at all favor 16 man in Hardmode, as they are reducing the number of lightning balls that spawn because it is so ridiculous. Patch notes 1.1.

The damage done and the health of the boss, proportional to the number of players and the Tionese/Columni gear most guilds are walking into 16 man HM with makes it significantly more challenging. Not to mention it's harder to coordinate more people, in and out of raid, and the incentive is that the harder it is, the more respectable and fun it is to do. Also, it doesn't at all favor 16 man in Hardmode, as they are reducing the number of lightning balls that spawn because it is so ridiculous. Patch notes 1.1.

Ya.... it really isn't more respectable. You can keep telling yourself that, but there's a reason Irae just did 8 man nightmare and then rerolled. Some people enjoy 16 man more, and that's great. None of these fights are super "fun." Most of it is just dealing with buggy and broken mechanics. Let's not treat SOA like it's HLK.

Edited by Stoids

World of Warcraft is ----------> that way! Self-entitled cry-baby who was expecting Vanilla mark 2?

And seriously, why should you CARE about what other players are doing in the game, their progression and gear? Why should you care about what progress you're at? Seriously, crying about easy mode being easy - GO DO THE HARD STUFF.

You basically want false-gated progression with RNG mechanics that gives you a 1/500 chance of succeeding, not based on skill or what-not.

You want this game to be a grind, not enjoyable.

And most of all...you want to be a special snowflake, so you can swing your epeen around and call people who arne't underachieving, but simply doing average - noobs, nubs/scrubs and any combination herein.

Ya.... it really isn't more respectable. You can keep telling yourself that, but there's a reason Irae just did 8 man nightmare and then rerolled. Some people enjoy 16 man more, and that's great. None of these fights are super "fun." Most of it is just dealing with buggy and broken mechanics. Let's not treat SOA like it's HLK.

You don't know what you're talking about...Irae did "Nightmare" when it was glitched, and turning it to Nightmare actually just turned it to Normal that dropped Nightmare gear...hence in the patch notes for 1.0.2 where it says "Setting the difficulty to Nightmare spawns Nightmare difficulty enemies." They exploited LFR in WoW and got banned, just recently, so don't act like they are above exploits...Please do your research before you act extremely cocky....Also, HLK wasn't that hard..if you'd done Nax in the day or Heroic Rag more recently, you'd know that.

Edited by Craxim

Grats on the gear, but Columi is entry level. Even nightmare mode only drops a few pieces of Rakata per boss, so unless you get crazy lucky (like the lone BH in our hard mode run this week that got 4 Rakata pieces, including two pairs of boots) you've got a long way to go to max out.

It is too easy, even the bosses in EV hardmode is way to easy imo.

Its all about making the enrage, no really hard mechanics to get past. Which is really really sad, if the next set of bosses arent more interesting this game will die out when it comes to progression raids for sure.

Nightmare Soa Kill kthnxbai?

Anyways, being 4/5 Nightmare mode myself in one night I will agree with you the HM's/NM modes are too easy, but we do need to remember this is the first tier of raiding and we can't expect the difficulty of a boss like Heroic 25 man LK in WoW or Heroic Ragnaros if you still keep up with the game. Yes, I got 3 Rakata tokens in one night as well.

Lets wait and see how the extended Karraga's Palace is on Nightmare before we continue to judge the first raid of a two week old game.

It is. I think the big problem is this is a casual game, but a lot of people treat it like it's hardcore. I know I hit 50 fast and have been waiting for people in my guild to hit 50. We, as a whole, even agreed that we would play this casually. And now I see why. Loot is extremely easy to get, and the only notable raid that is challenging is EV on nightmare.

So no, I don't think it's that bad. I think you just need to realize this game isn't for hardcore MMO players, or at least people who want to play hardcore. This is more of a "have fun and enjoy the story" with some decent raiding thrown in.

Lets talk when you are fully Rakata geared, and not just the wellfare stuff.

Im 2 parts rakata, i guess i can only speak in about another week when i get the rest. When i get full rakata will i have to come back after i get the dps and tank set, and every item sold from the warrior vendor?

Edited by deserttfoxx