8man normal wz premades

Nucairion

Drop it do play ranked, but if you have a big guild with multiple pre-mades then sooner or later they'll end up in the same WZ. It happens a lot in my guild too, although we end up against each other more often than with each other I reckon.

Every guild I've been in tries to get that to happen by queuing at the same time. Should get fixed by Bioware.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is an interesting thread and i agree with this post the most tbh. But if you look at it from a new but competitive guilds perspective or even the dev teams. How, if not through normal wz, can a team wishing to successfully progress from normal to ranked ever get the team time to gel etc, if they are prevented from doing so in normal wz. Remember end game is mainly team game.

On the other side of the coin people could always start arguing that pugs are spoling normal wz.

They should add 8 man queues, but in lieu of that they should not allow 8 man premades versus solo queuers. It's not competitive, it's not practice, it's just curb stomping. If you ever lose to a solo queue group as an 8 man premade its because you put the F in fail.

This topic somehow mirrors the reality of MMOs as they have become.

If a game wants to have a solid, healthy population then it will have to adjust the game to the casual players. It's 2013 and you won't find millions of competitive pros who spend 5+ hours / day online to maximize their toon / guild / WZ group.

If you adjust the game to serve the competitive pros only, you'll obviously end with only the competitive pros, something like 10K players. Then you can close the shop.

On the other hand, if you design the game to fit only the casuals, there will be no pros left for the casuals to have an incentive to get better. After a while they will quit too and you can close the shop.

So you have to make something between both.

My suggestion: Let premades join, but only in groups of 4. The remaining 4 will have to be solo queuers. This way you can play in your premade group but at the same time you will be teaching the casuals how to PvP and not only owning them. And a group with 8 good casuals can still beat a group with 4 premades and 4 casuals.

Edited by Cretinus

Let me sum up this entire thread.

The matchmaking in this game sucks, has always sucked, and will continue to suck.

now stop crying and fist yourself.

The most sensible post in this bad thread. I do think you are a bit too pessimistic with that last bit. BW could get great bang for the development buck with 2 simple changes:

• give us 8v8 challenge matches (no rewards, just for fun / practice / bragging rights)
  • give rated teams the option to only queue up against an opposing team with rating +-<x> (you chose <x>).

The above does not fix the regular WZ scheduling problem but a lot of people would move to playing rated if they knew they were not being queued up for faceroll after faceroll.

Edited by funkiestj

Every guild I've been in tries to get that to happen by queuing at the same time. Should get fixed by Bioware.

Yes.

It used to happen on my Server where we would go against an 8-man premade. Usually, during the night numbers drop and chances are higher for them to get an 8-man premade going.

So, it can happen sometimes, but most of the time this is a planned thing and not like it is a secret.

Still, I find it silly not to say pathetic when they are leaving when not together. ;)

yeah, i'm all for premades playing against pugs in normal WZs. But first, let BW bolster everyone on a team DOWN when there are 4 or more players from the same guild on the team, to make up for the advantage of out-of-game communication.

That would balance it a bit...

this is an interesting thread and i agree with this post the most tbh. But if you look at it from a new but competitive guilds perspective or even the dev teams. How, if not through normal wz, can a team wishing to successfully progress from normal to ranked ever get the team time to gel etc, if they are prevented from doing so in normal wz. Remember end game is mainly team game.

On the other side of the coin people could always start arguing that pugs are spoling normal wz.

I hate to break it to you, but all those "old" teams...they jumped into rated too. they're just better. jump into rated. don't cheat the Q system in regs. the reg community does not exist for you to "practice" on.

edit: you = anybody. nothing personal.

Edited by foxmob

• 2 weeks later...
They can fix (never gonna be fixed regardless) this by increasing the wz group sizes. I believe that 12 or more man wz groups would be much better. It would remove (or atleast alleviate) the intense reliance on each and every player in the wz. Even if you're a good player and have been owning all the way to 50, turning up to a 50 wz, pre-made or not, with your shiny recruit gear on is a disadvantage. Having the bigger group would reduce the rush kill frenzy in favour of taking on more equal opponents posing a bigger more immediate threat. BIO need to introduce huge wz battles aswell. Even if my suggestion is flawed I still think 8 man wz's are too small.

They can fix (never gonna be fixed regardless) this by increasing the wz group sizes. I believe that 12 or more man wz groups would be much better. It would remove (or atleast alleviate) the intense reliance on each and every player in the wz. Even if you're a good player and have been owning all the way to 50, turning up to a 50 wz, pre-made or not, with your shiny recruit gear on is a disadvantage. Having the bigger group would reduce the rush kill frenzy in favour of taking on more equal opponents posing a bigger more immediate threat. BIO need to introduce huge wz battles aswell. Even if my suggestion is flawed I still think 8 man wz's are too small.

although I would welcome new WZs that include larger ops (ala the variation in WoW BGs), you do realize that such a suggestion also has the potential to decrease TTK due do more ppl focus firing at the same time, right?

I would NOT want to see more ppl in maps like vstar or ahg, which are already very close quarters. ahg's kill box is just stupid all the way around. the bottleneck entrances make it a haven for smash monkeys and aoe stuns. snipers, as well, benefit from parking themselves in the doorway and/or controlling the entrance with aoe.

but new WZ maps with greater numbers of participants? hell yes!

it would be nice to have the option for not queing against pre-mades. however, i'd also like the option to get into pugs that are quasi-premades in that they are people I've played with before and indicated that I want to play with in the future. Like the friend feature, but i don't have to manage the contact. I play with then in a wz, they earn my respect, i toggle a thing for them, and bam, sometime in the future that's part of the reason why i'm auto-grouped with them again. if i had a way to queue for wz and get a team of 7 other players that i've dinged before, i'd be so much more willing to take on premades that use voice. as i'm willing to accept the voice-related losses for the chance to play with individuals that i've indicated that i synergize with.

And who knows? Perhaps saavy pugs grouped using this feature will use the minute before a wz starts to throw up voice server info (not for the feint-of-heart!).

Now all we need is a wz that gimps gear

In a wz like that, I'd gladly accept the losses attributed to class imbalance there.

Edited by ubermouth

I had to rofl

Sorry my friend hypercritical is the word i choose to use here i bet if you was in a PvP guild that queued more than one group at a time and landed in a 8 man you would be like lets have some fun or would you quit on your guild mates cos your just that type of guy and worry about everyone else's fun.

here is the thing you seem to be missing you don't have to be in a guild to make premades find some like minded people, Talk to them add them to your friends list get yourself on raid call (Its free) and make your own premade's but wait that's a little to much effort BW should just change the game just for you. and rewrite a shed load of code because its just so UNFAIR.

I don't notice any of these 8 man's dragging the games out and farming damage or kills to feed their egos i think maybe your just a little bit bitter that your not in a active guild maybe you should look at what you want from your guild and ask yourself if you are in the right one.

just saying

And what if he is that person? Then that invalidates everything you just said.

It's post like these with obvious flaws that always make me laugh. Let's point out another one.

"Join a guild"

Alright, sounds reasonable.

"Hey can I join your guild? I like to pvp and I want to get good."

"What AC are you?"

"<Says whatever AC>"

"Sorry, we got enough of those GG."

So I guess so much for that idea. Then again if you actually knew that ranked teams don't queue up with 8 snipers, you wouldn't be making those blatantly false statements.

As for bioware changing the game for one person? Did you even read the thread? Did you even keep track of the forums? Post like these are springing up so often it rivals the QQ about smash/stun bubble. The only difference is the latter is a lack of skill issue.

And what if he is that person? Then that invalidates everything you just said.

It's post like these with obvious flaws that always make me laugh. Let's point out another one.

"Join a guild"

Alright, sounds reasonable.

"Hey can I join your guild? I like to pvp and I want to get good."

"What AC are you?"

"<Says whatever AC>"

"Sorry, we got enough of those GG."

So I guess so much for that idea. Then again if you actually knew that ranked teams don't queue up with 8 snipers, you wouldn't be making those blatantly false statements.

As for bioware changing the game for one person? Did you even read the thread? Did you even keep track of the forums? Post like these are springing up so often it rivals the QQ about smash/stun bubble. The only difference is the latter is a lack of skill issue.

lack of skill is huge elephant in room

so, have wz that gimps gear. if you can't win with your class, then you stuck around too long in the wrong spot, or you just don't have the technical skill to participate in the fighting chance that exists between most classes in a dynamic environment of LoS and team support etc.

However, I still don't want to join a guild, nor do i want to manage my firends list to manually make premades.

i want an auto-group feature that does this for me. it places me with people i've indicated that i'd like to be placed with. i'd take a group of 7 of those with no voice chat into any wz.

yes its code, and would take resources. but it doesn't gimp anyone. it doesnt take anything away from the players who want to manually maintain groups.

it would improve a significant number of people's daily pvp experience.

Edited by ubermouth

Post like these are springing up so often it rivals the QQ about smash/stun bubble. The only difference is the latter is a lack of skill issue.

lol - no. the stun-bubble is a ridiculous mechanic as it exists on live. there are 3 distinct things about it that are just plain broken:

• stun affect applies to all allies
  • stun can be initiated while stunned (wth?)
  • stun doesn't apply resolve commensurate with other aoe stuns of equivalent duration

minor issues:

• instant cast
  • 20s "cd" but can easily be used twice in 1 gcd (go into fight with one already on you).

some of these issues stack or enable the others to be problems. the first one is first because that literally solves all of the other issues.

edit: and yes, I did just bogart this thread. but I couldn't let that poo fly.

Edited by foxmob