Nerf sage HP sacrifice

heechJunzi

So... I used to see this "occasionally". But now in just about every wz, I will see sages/sorcs sitting in a corner, sacrificing their health + re-healing in order to boost their stats.

In some ways it's less of an issue vs the other balance issues, since them doing that doesn't directly impact my play. But it's still unfortunate that we can't trust the scoreboard at the end of the wz. So what if that sage/sorc healed for 400k... how much of that was from self-healing?

How about, whenever they do the HP sacrifice thing, they gain a de-buff that prevents them from self-healing for x seconds?

Nerf... stat padding. Really? If they want to go hide in a corner and eke out 300-400k healing all match, let them, their team will suffer for it and they'll get an average score on the board with a few medals. If they're doing it on a node, they're either going to be a meatshield or die eventually and then find the other node you hold, forcing them into combat.

i highly doubt a sage/sorc is going to do 300-400k by consumption on themselves. Also its an essential part of sage healing for regenerating force quickest way to regen is to stand your aoe heal and noble sacrifice/consumption if you're full heal or use the instaheal with recklessness. Its a risky way of energy management especially considering they are the squishiest class in the game but this is the only way a sorc/sage regens there force.

now lets compare to this to say.. your operative... oh wait just press a button and get full energy or spam diagnostic scan. consumption and rehealing is a VITAL part of healing for sorc and if you ever played one you'd know this.

Someone camping a node doing this will be pretty obvious by the fact they'll have next to 0 kills credited..

Edited by AngusFTW

If someone is hiding in a corner doing this, they need to be publicly shamed and ignored so they can't find warzone groups anymore. If they are doing this while defending a node, let them have their fun. Standing at a node that isn't being attacked is awful, and if they can earn an extra medal or two while pulling this duty, so be it.

i highly doubt a sage/sorc is going to do 300-400k by consumption on themselves. Also its an essential part of sage healing for regenerating force quickest way to regen is to stand your aoe heal and noble sacrifice/consumption if you're full heal or use the instaheal with recklessness. Its a risky way of energy management especially considering they are the squishiest class in the game but this is the only way a sorc/sage regens there force.

now lets compare to this to say.. your operative... oh wait just press a button and get full energy or spam diagnostic scan. consumption and rehealing is a VITAL part of healing for sorc and if you ever played one you'd know this.

Someone camping a node doing this will be pretty obvious by the fact they'll have next to 0 kills credited..[/

I bet you don't play an operative

I play both Sorc and Operative:

There are LOTS of plusses playing an Operative for PvP over Sorc any day of the week. The only thing Sorc has advantage is the bubble stun.

If you want to talk about energy efficiency, Operatives are OP for that:

- They got a proc energy restore boost that helps greatly.

- They got the OMGWTFBBQ restore boost that can get full energy quickly.

- They EVEN got a slow way to restore ENERGY without sacrificing HP.

Now what does the Sorc has for restoring their force:

- Consumption, which gets back about 5 to 10% force back with a sacrifice to HP (which is slightly noticeable). But there is a downside to that because the normal way to restore Force is to do nothing but when you use consumption it lessons the number of force restored per tick. Therefore nerfing this will **** up the Force efficiency for this class for heals (DPS doesnt use consumption).

Not sure for troopers/mercs for heals, but they got multiple tools to help them out too I hear.

I don't see people sitting in a corner doing this, but sometimes I'll see it in a losing match, while sitting at a node waiting for the game to end.

Here's what I do:

I heal them while they're consuming. I've lost MVP votes to these people who are padding their stats. So, I don't allow it anymore. It really pisses them off :D

How about, whenever they do the HP sacrifice thing, they gain a de-buff that prevents them from self-healing for x seconds?

This would be akin to preventing operatives from self-healing after using Stim Boost, Adrenaline Probe, or Diagnostic Scan, except those don't cost life or global cooldowns (except Scan is channeled, of course, and kind of bad.) If you nerf Consumption/Noble Sacrifice, you utterly obliterate sage healing in PvE and remove the somewhat-questionable sustainability sage healers have in PvP. Not only do sage healers - the squishiest healers in the game - have to sustain their resource by sacrificing their own health and then healing themselves through it (negating a portion of the benefit) they also can't heal at the same time due to the GCD cost.

In short, yes, nerf Consumption by removing the health cost. Problem solved! Better yet, rework the sage regeneration mechanic entirely instead of using it as a way to make an already-squishy class squishier and as a way to cap their healing potential.

P.S. Any other healing class can do the exact same thing by stripping off all their armour, putting it back on, and then healing themselves up; it's just more involved.

Edited by Zenithan

Because after losing 11-15% of your total health, being able to heal yourself afterwards would just be too powerful.

No matter how bad this class gets, and how powerful certain other classes get- the first page of the pvp forum is still dedicated to threads whining about sorcs.

Why not just make the ability one shot us? Oh, or give marauders aoe abilities that smash half of someone's health... oh... right... they did that.

Because after losing 11-15% of your total health, being able to heal yourself afterwards would just be too powerful.

No matter how bad this class gets, and how powerful certain other classes get- the first page of the pvp forum is still dedicated to threads whining about sorcs.

Why not just make the ability one shot us? Oh, or give marauders aoe abilities that smash half of someone's health... oh... right... they did that.

Overdramatic much?

As to the OP, please nerf the amount of health taken away to 0 so that I can't kill myself at all :D