Fps Issues

Ethock

So i played in 2 beta weekends with an fps of around 45 at low quality. Now that I'm in live version I have the same exact computer and I'm at around 15 to 20 fps. I thought if anything I would have better fps without the beta program running in the backround and all. Also i turned everything on high and I only went down about 5 fps. Is anyone else experiencing this? Also I just checked the Nvidia website and their is a new beta driver up as of november 28th. Should I even bother downloading it in hopes that it will help?

So i played in 2 beta weekends with an fps of around 45 at low quality. Now that I'm in live version I have the same exact computer and I'm at around 15 to 20 fps. I thought if anything I would have better fps without the beta program running in the backround and all. Also i turned everything on high and I only went down about 5 fps. Is anyone else experiencing this? Also I just checked the Nvidia website and their is a new beta driver up as of november 28th. Should I even bother downloading it in hopes that it will help?

There are thousands of players logged in, and you're wondering why you're fps is low? Do you think that it might be because of so many animations going on in the same zone at the same time? Think about it.

Its going to be at least a couple weeks before fps and lag get down to acceptable levels. Thats what early access and opening week are like in every single mmo on the market ever.

Does the game's resolution settings match your systems default resolution? When I played beta it defaulted to a much lower resolution causing 10-15FPS. When I corrected it, it went up to 190FPS.

Ditto on this on my older laptop. I was surprised that higher res moved faster.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/star-wars-gaming-tests-review,3087-3.html

The game is built using Simutronics’ HeroEngine, licensed to Bioware Austin. Our testing shows that there are two graphics options that affect performance in a significant way: bloom and shader detail. The other settings don't appear to have as much impact on performance, even at the maximum setting.
Edited by Kourage

I'm also having problems, during beta had unplayable fps but after I put all the settings on lowest (especially shadows) then it ran fine.

Now I've just started again and it goes okay outside in the open world but as soon as I go indoors I'm getting ~3fps which is obviously a problem. I've lowered all the settings to minimal but didn't see anything about shadows.

There is another issue that it wont let me run on the normal resolution. I want to play on 1366x768 but it automatically resets itself to 1280x720

i played beta on high with no problems, now i log in and it seems that even on low i have bad fps

the thing is it only happens when i enter caves or buildings, even when nobody is around.

tried changing resolutions updating drivers etc.

strange thing is that it also happens to my friend and GF computer both having descent laptops

i played beta on high with no problems, now i log in and it seems that even on low i have bad fps

the thing is it only happens when i enter caves or buildings, even when nobody is around.

strange thing is that it also happens to my friend and GF computer both having descent laptops

Guess it because inside caves etc theirs more bloom and Shadows which according to some are the major things that effect FPS.

I had the same problem but got a solution. Apparently there is a glitch with low settings that causes the fps problems. The solution is:

1. put everything on high

2. turn off v-sync

3. turn off shadows

4. set details to your desired level

5. enjoy more fps

See that's interesting. It's just the opposite for me. FPS jumps up when I enter a cave with no one around, especially a class only area.

Turning off shadows helps alot and considereing the quality of the shadows at this point, I don't mind turning them off.

Also when I did a flashpoint, when i was versing multiple enemies my game would really start to bog down, I would get a bit of delay and be in the single digits for fps.I'm hoping this is a problem with the game itself.