Item value

MouseNoFour

Why oh why do people offer a fraction of the listed price for items?

If i list an item on the gtn or on general trade for lets say 600k, WHY do you whisper me offering 300k?

You must know that all your doing is annoying me when i am busy selling my goods to real customers. One in every 3 whispers i get, is to offer for half the value of whatever the item is. Stop giving me a reason to set you to ignore and dont give me that crap about the fact that your a ''willing buyer'' and that i should be "lucky" for any customers at all BS.

Since there is no history on the GTN, I expect a lot of people assume that when they see something there for sale, especially at a high price, (or at least, a price THEY don't want to pay) that it is priced too high to sell and has been there for a while, whereas the more reasonably priced versions have already sold. They may not realize that there is only 1 (or 2) people selling the item, and that is the only price it's ever been sold for, and that fairly rapidly.

(Yes, I really *really* wish the GTN had a sales history showing at least the last 5 sales of a particular item. Ideally more like last 2 days sales or 5 items, whichever is more.)