Augment End or secondary stats?

drummerinthesun

So I'm a full BH/Campaign Assassin tank right now, with 397 def rating (27.61%), 543 shield rating (64.81% with DW), and 495 absorption rating (57.54%). As an assassin tank, should I be striving for 30% def, 60% shield and absorption? Should I get to these numbers with augments, or dump my augment slots into endurance and get those numbers with the dreadguard and hazmat gear? I'm currently not raiding enough to be swapping around mods and enhancements for BiS. Does the increase in self-healing make endurance boosting worth it? There are a couple sins on my server I know of with over 30k hp with stims. Right now my health is right at 25k with a stim.

So I'm a full BH/Campaign Assassin tank right now, with 397 def rating (27.61%), 543 shield rating (64.81% with DW), and 495 absorption rating (57.54%). As an assassin tank, should I be striving for 30% def, 60% shield and absorption? Should I get to these numbers with augments, or dump my augment slots into endurance and get those numbers with the dreadguard and hazmat gear? I'm currently not raiding enough to be swapping around mods and enhancements for BiS. Does the increase in self-healing make endurance boosting worth it? There are a couple sins on my server I know of with over 30k hp with stims. Right now my health is right at 25k with a stim.

Endurance Augs are a waste of time.

The increase in self-healing does not outshine the loss in mitigation.

25-28k is about where you should be sitting (24-25k in high-mitigation 61s, 28k in fully min-maxed 63s, due to extensive use of "B" mods for higher total stat budget).

When I see a Sin with 30k+ HP, I just chuckle a little, because there are no 16 main raiding groups active on my server, and the ONLY justification for having that much HP (other than e-peen or ignorance) is doing 16 man NiM EC. Even then, I'd probably choose to sit in the 28-30k range and keep more mitigation.

I wouldn't super-freak over "30/60/60". It's a general guideline, not a specific target to hit. You want to maximize your defensive stat budget, while being smart about it. Given that we always land on the high side of the "ideal" shield value (no other option, really), you're better off slightly over-emphasizing Absorb.

It's also not that meaningful, because there are any of a number of boss fights where you're best off with an on-use relic (preferably Campaign shield/absorb relic), which means your stats will fluctuate.

So I'll just keep using the tanking spreadsheet from mmo-mechanics? I'm hoping it's still up to date, since I don't think it's been changed since 1.2.

As long as you've updated the armor value to reflect 1.3 nerfs, it's still an accurate way to gauge pure minimized damage taken.

What it does not reflect is the "break even" point where END can be sufficiently valuable to consider (which is why the 27B mods are so good... you have a large enough pool that the END, though less useful point-for-point, becomes relatively valuable enough to use the higher-total-budget-but-lower-mitigation mods at the DG tier).

KeyboardNinja has posted some really good stuff based on boss damage data. I started an initiative to try to build a more accurate stat optimizer out of his work + the original spreadsheet, but it's a huge pile of work and RL has gotten in the way. If I ever get it finished I'll publish it, but it will likewise be constrained by its data (just as the old spreadsheet doesn't account for actual boss data, this new one would be limited by its boss data).

What values would I change? My base stat value right now is .04 for armor. This was changed from .02 based on some comments in the thread about the 2pc set bonus. For the delta stat weight, I have it as 2.758 right now. I'm assuming this is the number that should be changed. I'm not running NiM EC or anything, so I'm not too worried right now about all my stats being the best for certain bosses. I like versatility. I do appreciate your help, though.

I strive for the 30/60/60 it is impossible to hit at this time but should be attainable with the next upgrade in gear. You should be able to hit just shy of 1900 secondary stats with stims and static relics. I can't wait for the day I can hit the elusive 30/60/60, but this is just my preferable stats here. Edited by mastirkal

While endurance is normally just there to improve your TTK vs a boss, its not an issue after 25k. What matters is the HPS you require. 16-man raid, I'm unfamiliar with but I suppose you need higher HP to stomach hits and give healers a decent reaction time.

Sin-tank however uses that hp to a certain point to lower the HPS requirement via its FL self-heal, which is based of a %.

So endurance augments? No, 18 end vs 18 shield, defense or absorb isnt worth the sacrifice.

B mods ? Yes.