Vector is getting creepy

JacenHallis

So, my agent had a nice fling with Vector. They had some private time on the ship and what not. They enjoyed themselves. Then, Vector breached the boundaries of the relationship by proposing marriage. So, she turned him down, and they stopped the bedroom stuff.

Then, she gets this in the mail:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x3/thewok/vector_creepy.jpg

The relevant phrase? "We know ... your scent and your taste...."

You're not with her anymore, Vector. You're in the friend zone. Deal. This kind of creepy come-on is only going to push her away, which is the exact opposite of what you're apparently trying to do. Just stop, man. Just accept it. Maybe Temple will adore your creepiness.

Yeah this game really isn't that great when it comes to player initated marriage proposal and similarly with Dark Side Jaesa it gets a little wierd, where I ended up was where I didn't really want the story of how we ended up engaed being because she said I should, and in the final convos she still talked about us being in a relationship and having sithy children.

are you sure you said no? There were 2 ways to say yes. Otherwise this is a bug, I think only the ones you marry send you email.

Incorrect! It is impossible to deactivate a romance once you have hit the official initiation switch (usually a bit pre-kiss), and they will all send you email regardless of your behavior. This is "working as intended." My personal stalker is Corso, but any romance option you start and then reject, no matter how many times you say no, will keep going after you. Forever.

There exists a suggestion/petition thread to let players say no without being sexually pursued for the rest of their lives: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=440165

So BW is creepy not Vector.

This part is spot-on.

Edited by bright_ephemera

Yeah this game really isn't that great when it comes to player initated marriage proposal and similarly with Dark Side Jaesa it gets a little wierd, where I ended up was where I didn't really want the story of how we ended up engaed being because she said I should, and in the final convos she still talked about us being in a relationship and having sithy children.

she keeps hitting on me despite the fact im with vette.

makes me wish i was a pureblood so i could slap her.

Incorrect! It is impossible to deactivate a romance once you have hit the official initiation switch (usually a bit pre-kiss), and they will all send you email regardless of your behavior. This is "working as intended." My personal stalker is Corso, but any romance option you start and then reject, no matter how many times you say no, will keep going after you. Forever.

There exists a suggestion/petition thread to let players say no without being sexually pursued for the rest of their lives: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=440165

This part is spot-on.

I know they continue to try to "woo" you but I thought the emails only come from saying yes to marriage. I said no to Quinn and the final "legacy" conversation was the generic non-romance one. I've also dismissed Quinn during the "i love you" conversation and he never proposes. No emails in either of those cases so it's definitely not all romances. I just put down Corso through his last 3 conversations love, proposal, and legacy. I guess we'll see if I get emails :)

I remember a while back there was a patch note that mentioned some people would get extra conversations even though they'd ended their relationships so it is possible just maybe not for all companions?

I know they continue to try to "woo" you but I thought the emails only come from saying yes to marriage. I said no to Quinn and the final "legacy" conversation was the generic non-romance one. I've also dismissed Quinn during the "i love you" conversation and he never proposes. No emails in either of those cases so it's definitely not all romances. I just put down Corso through his last 3 conversations love, proposal, and legacy. I guess we'll see if I get emails :)

I remember a while back there was a patch note that mentioned some people would get extra conversations even though they'd ended their relationships so it is possible just maybe not for all companions?

! Really? I turned Kaliyo down for marriage two weeks ago and got her letters right on schedule. Her legacy conversation was nonromantic, but then, she doesn't seem like the type to talk kids anyway.

It's a relief to hear that you can shake Quinn off.

You have a point. Maybe he's the only one scared enough to take no for an answer. He is happy to just be alive on the ship. Anyway back to Vector. I'm tempted to run an experimental romance where I say no to Vector. This will be very difficult because I love my bug man, does anyone know which conversation actually starts his romance track?

I just died laughing.

And am posting this posthumously.

If Quinn is our paragon of gentlemanly behavior...why aren't we all dead by now?

We're sooooo screwed if this is the case.

I can't stop laughing at this, and my husband is giving me strange looks.