why no pug for dxun ?

I just did all bosses with my guild and we stil coudn't kill the last one. Other group of guildies killed it, but they had 4 people who already completed it before. while we had only one such person.

Before that, I was in a several pugs, we never managed to beat even 1 boss.

In terms of difficulty this ops is on the same level as Gods, and in some parts even more.

It requires you to actually know what are you doing and know tactics for each boss.

It's also not locked down to 70 level. Which means all gear and all stats actually matters.

Plus it's a new ops, many people haven't learned it yet.

It's also worth noticing that bosses of the op only drop moddable gear. For those not at 306 IR yet. it's not very useful compared to Flashpounts.

Thus pugging it is not very good idea, unless everyone in your pug is a raider, have 306 gear and knows what to do.

Either find a guild that does it or wait for pugs to learn the op and to gear up.

Pro-tip for first boss - do not try to avoid Bull, burn it down.:D

Edited by Gelious

a combination of multiple factors but most importantly

• Lack of players with experiance (who wants to lead)
  • Lack of rewards (compared to similar content)
  • Pugs are terrible at listening to instructions/tactics
  • Herding pugs is annoying due to above, rather herd sheep
  • New people think they know what to do (they don't)
  • People rather run it in guild/friends instead of do pugs

fleet pugs have been infamous since launch, the only reason it's possible to do in old ops is that the number of people who have a basic idea of the boss fights is more than the new players, which is not the case with dxun and gods

it's not a hard operation, in fact, the boss fights are incredibly forgiving on SM and you have a 30s cooldown on combat ress, but fleet pugs are infamous for not paying attention to chat/not understanding instructions/thinking they know what to do. in eu i guess that is partly due to a language barrier but in na i think it's more of a cultural thing

Edited by RikuvonDrake

I've organized multiple Dxun PuG runs since 6.0 and it has been wildly successful. My thinking is that without experienced players like me PuGing the new operation, no raiding community will build up and a couple months later, we are in the same spot as with Gods or Queen where no one wants to PuG it.

Yes, the operation is not a walk in the park but it is doable. You need an experienced raid leader who knows the ins and outs of the operation, specifically how to deal with the bugs (bosses not giving loot, bosses resetting mid-fight, a bugged instance requiring a reset) and the main tank and at least one healer should have 306 gear.

Voice comms is a must obviously; I don't take players along that won't join our Teamspeak server. They don't need to have a mic, they just need to be able to listen so I don't have to type in chat.

8-man is easier than 16-man but I've ran both multiple times. I prefer 16-man because I can teach the operation to more players but players prefer 8-man due to less lag and because it's not as hectic.

Yesterday, Dxun was in Group Finder and while I've been doing a 16-man PuG group, I've seen a couple players organizing Dxun GF runs. There were over 15 Dxun instances open yesterday but not sure how many of those were SM or VM.

So, at least speaking for my server Tulak Hord, I cannot echo the sentiment of this thread. Don't complain about the situation, be proactive and do something about it!

Edited by Jerba