My heat is really beginning to get hot..

Carbiine

Anyone truly having problems with maintaining their heat? I tend to overheat a lot and cant seem to figure out how to make a correct rotation in order to combat the overheat.

Your opinions and ideas are welcomed with open arms, haha.

Help me out :)

Thanks!

Not sure what build the OP is using, but I became really frustrated with overheating while healing Athiss (albeit I was 19 and so were the others so it was not an optimal group).

I played a healer-spec Commando and Jedi Sage in beta and I have years of experience healing in many other MMOs, but I'm having a difficult time adjusting to the "reversiveness" of the heat progress bar (i.e. gauging its growth instead of shrinkage) and the slow heat dissipation.

I spam Rapid Shots to build up combat support points to discharge Supercharged Gas and I use Vent Heat when it's off CD, but I'm still overheating.

Here's my current skill set (level 20): http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300MfR0o.1

Hired Muscle 3/3

Improved Vents 2/2

Supercharged Gas 1/1

Surgical Precision System 2/2

Empowered Scans 2/2

Kolto Missile 1/1

Any advice on rotation or timing to counter overheating is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I am a hybrid, being I only have points in arsenal right now. I plan to put points into arsenal until around 27, then I begin building my bodyguard tree.

Right now, just trying to get through my quests without overheating is becoming an issue. I'm having a hard time maintaining my heat and it's frustrating because I love my BH but I can't seem to get it down pat.

tmx5 (or till 5 debuff)

rail unload

vent (only on first go around bc of 5 tm's)

tmx3

rail

unload

tmx3

rail

unload

etc.

Once you get that down you will see where you can fit in other skills like interrupts and shiz :p

With muzzle fluting, you won't even need to use vent since tracer has an 1.5s activation and is almost free because of it.

If going arsenal, why even vent? Just use tracer repeatedly with some unloads? I mean, tracer does a lot of damage, low heat with fluted barrel, and builds up heat signatures for later on when you get heat seeking missile.

As for healing, this is what I do and I rarely ever have a problem healing:

rapid shots repeatedly, even if they're taking very little damage. It should be the gap filler.

If they start taking some damage, then rapid scan.

Then more rapid shots.

A kolto missile if more people are taking damage.

another rapid scan

too much damage?

healing scan + supercharged gas + kolto missile + healing scan + healing scan +healing scan..you should still be low on heat, now continue using rapid scan.

Kolto missile with supercharged gas and residue talens give 5% bonus to healing, a 10% shield, plus 3 quick healing scans.

Usually that's enough to cover things, if not then you can rapid scan and then vent heat, rinse and repeat.

As for healing, this is what I do and I rarely ever have a problem healing:

rapid shots repeatedly, even if they're taking very little damage. It should be the gap filler.

If they start taking some damage, then rapid scan.

Then more rapid shots.

A kolto missile if more people are taking damage.

another rapid scan

too much damage?

healing scan + supercharged gas + kolto missile + healing scan + healing scan +healing scan..you should still be low on heat, now continue using rapid scan.

Kolto missile with supercharged gas and residue talens give 5% bonus to healing, a 10% shield, plus 3 quick healing scans.

Usually that's enough to cover things, if not then you can rapid scan and then vent heat, rinse and repeat.

Thanks. Here's where my noobishness rears its ugly head. I missed in the skill description that Supercharged Gas reduced the cooldown on Healing Scan (normally a 12 second cooldown) for 10 seconds so I wasn't taking full advantage of that, which meant I was building up heat twice as fast by using Rapid Scan (thinking that Healing Scan was on cooldown).

With this little bit of knowledge, I think I can be a much more effective healer.

Anyone truly having problems with maintaining their heat? I tend to overheat a lot and cant seem to figure out how to make a correct rotation in order to combat the overheat.

Your opinions and ideas are welcomed with open arms, haha.

Help me out :)

Thanks!

I think your problem is you keep spamming abilities. Part of playing BH is to constantly keep an eye on your heat. if it gets over 40, start using rapid fire. By the time it gets to 60, it's too late. so my advice would be to take your eyes off your character once n a while and look down at your heat.

I just toss in a rapid fire between each "spell" I use, works wonders to keep my heat down.

Basically with us, you just don't want to push your heat up above 50-60% wherever that next fall off is, because then you get screwed and have a hard time recovering. If you keep it low and use a rapid fire between spells, generally you won't ever need to use vent heat.