Legacy of Crafting clarification?

ScicleX

I have a few questions regarding the Legacy of Crafting Character Perks included in 1.3. In the Tooltip it states "Increases the chance of an augmented result while crafting by 1%."

Does this only affect items that can receive an augment slot such as earpiece/implant/relic/wrist/belt/head/chest/legs/hands/feet/offhand/main hand?

Does it affect mods such as armoring/mod/enhancement/augment/barrel/hilt/color crystal?

Does it affect items such as speeder/ship part/grenade/stim/adrenal/med pack/augment kit?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a impression, that bonus gives not just crafting "augmented results". Yesterday most of my crew mission crited (like never before), some slicing nods crited too and I got 2 epic items in a row!

It can be coincedence, but...

Well the blog post says:

" increases the chance that your companions will achieve a critical success when using crafting skills"

But the wording on the Legacy window tooltip is ambiguous to say the least:

"Increases the chance of an augmented result while crafting."

From the patch notes:

"Increased chance for a companion to craft Exceptional gear"

So is that 'augmented' a flat increased crit chance across all Crew Skills or just an increased chance to add an Augment slot on crafted items only.

Yes, clarification is needed I think.

Edited by Micadog

Not an official response, but the way I have understood it based on experience from PTS and playing last night is that the bonus will increase your chance to crit... in the cases where a crit craft leads to an augment slot, it therefore gives you an increased chance of an augment slot... in the cases where a crit craft results in two items for the cost of 1, it gives you an increased chance of getting 2 for 1.

I have a few questions regarding the Legacy of Crafting Character Perks included in 1.3. In the Tooltip it states "Increases the chance of an augmented result while crafting by 1%."

Does this only affect items that can receive an augment slot such as earpiece/implant/relic/wrist/belt/head/chest/legs/hands/feet/offhand/main hand?

Does it affect mods such as armoring/mod/enhancement/augment/barrel/hilt/color crystal?

Does it affect items such as speeder/ship part/grenade/stim/adrenal/med pack/augment kit?

No one knows. Except Bioware. And they ignore all our posts about it.

But, hey, they DO post how to pronounce Columni, and THAT is important, right ?

Answered in this thread on CS board:

Greetings ScicleX,

Dacce has provided the correct information.

This Legacy perk only affects crafting when you are making an item that can be crit-crafted with an augment slot for example weapons and armor.

Crafting of such items as item modifications are not impacted by this perk.

Thank you in advance!

Well if that is the case, then they need to change the wording in the Dev blog which is now totally misleading.

If this is correct then it has gone from:

" increases the chance that your companions will achieve a critical success when using crafting skills"

to:

This Legacy perk only affects crafting when you are making an item that can be crit-crafted with an augment slot for example weapons and armor.

I am so glad I held back on purchasing that perk.

Edited by Micadog

Well if that is the case, then they need to change the wording in the Dev blog which is now totally misleading.

If this is correct then it has gone from:

to:

I am so glad I held back on purchasing that perk.

I wouldn't assume dev blog posts to always be entirely factual. Blogs are written DURING development... and things change DURING development. The patch notes and tooltip seem pretty blantantly saying aug slots only... which is what people should expect.

Got sent here from a thread I posted about this.

Thanks for the clarification. I am disappointed it changed from what they were going to have, but I understand why. A total of 3% crit chance is a big boost. I'm serious. That's more than a lot of companions give for one specific crew skill. So I get it, but that doesn't mean I'm not disappointed.

• Dev Post
The Legacy tooltip could be more clear - we'll look at improving it in the future. The perk itself (as noted earlier in the thread) does increase the chance of getting an augment slot on items that can have them. For items that can't, it gives you an increased chance for the effect of a critical when crafting those items (like producing an extra item). Edited by AllisonBerryman

The Legacy tooltip could be more clear - we'll look at improving it in the future. The perk itself (as noted earlier in the thread) does increase the chance of getting an augment slot on items that can have them. For items that can't, it gives you an increased chance for the effect of a critical when crafting those items (like producing an extra item).

AllisonBerryman, does it increase your companions chance to critical on resource missions? Or only on producing crafted items?

The Legacy tooltip could be more clear - we'll look at improving it in the future. The perk itself (as noted earlier in the thread) does increase the chance of getting an augment slot on items that can have them. For items that can't, it gives you an increased chance for the effect of a critical when crafting those items (like producing an extra item).

Thank you Allison, for clarifying, and admitting that it is kinda confusing and needs to be fixed. It's appreciated, more than you know, when a GM or a Devs or whoever just admits that something needs to be fixed. :D

It really does need to be changed, because it does say specifically "augmented results" which puts everyone's brain on the line of "augment slot." But when you think about it, it doesn't have to just mean augment slot. So thanks.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!

So all this time I could have been crafting augment kits and augments with a higher chance!?!?

You all fail SO HARD.

In the future, please have someone that has the talent of paying attention to details review the explanations for stuff like this. We actually trust what we read when you provide information on a tooltip. This is the same as you telling us that something does 1k damage when it really does 2k. this would cause enrage ti9mes and the like needlessly. In this case, I did not get what I should have gotten because someone on your end does not know how to communicate clearly and completely.

Great... now we have two contradictory CS posts... ('Course, my usually opinion on CS/Customer relations is that they tend to know less about how things work than many of the players, so I always take what they say with large grains of salt)

Until they actually change the tooltip, I'm going to expect it does exactly what the tooltip says. Increases chance of an augmented item.

Which means all my crafters get it. None of my harvesters do. (which I guess makes it sort of irrelevant whether it allows for an extra item... which, incidentally, I have yet to see when it comes to augment kits. I largely suspect that like with spaceship parts, you don't crit them at all.)

Though does make it sort of relevant for mission skills... but.. yeah. Gonna wait until something more than two different statements by CS, and blog post differing from patch/tooltip.

Edited by GnatB

Greetings ScicleX,

Dacce has provided the correct information.

Crafting of such items as item modifications are not impacted by this perk.

Thank you in advance!

Something is wrong with this picture. Come on, which is correct Bioware?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!

So all this time I could have been crafting augment kits and augments with a higher chance!?!?

You all fail SO HARD

No, they're not kidding you, this is a typical Bioware communication. These people have no idea how to talk to MMO players: a dev post says one thing, a dev blog says something else, the tooltip is extremely vague and even now that they clarified it in another post, we STILL have questions regarding gathering missions.

But posting on the forums how to pronounce ''Columni'', THAT is worth doing right!

"All this time" is like 3 days, dude. Calm down.

No, it's not just three days. This question was asked during testing several times.

Until they actually change the tooltip, I'm going to expect it does exactly what the tooltip says. Increases chance of an augmented item.

That's not what the tooltip says... the tooltip says ''increases the chance of an augmented result while crafting''. Getting 2 items instead of 1 is an augmented result too, no?

Edited by Yogol