Armour Debuff - How much of a DPS boost is it?

DogEyedBoy

Depends on the class and spec. If you do a lot of elemental/internal damage, it won't affect you much because those damage types aren't mitigated by armor anyway. Classes with more kinetic/energy and ranged/melee damage will get more relative benefit from the armor debuff.

Armor debuff:

0% armor pen on kinetic/energy damage: 35% reduction -> 30% reduction

10% armor pen on kinetic/energy damage: 32.6% reduction -> 27.9% reduction

30% armor pen on kinetic/energy damage: 27.4% reduction -> 23.2% reduction

35% armor pen on kinetic/energy damage: 25.9% reduction -> 21.8% reduction

45% armor pen on kinetic/energy damage: 22.8% reduction -> 19.2% reduction

70% armor pen on kinetic/energy damage: 13.9% reduction -> 11.4% reduction

75% armor pen on kinetic/energy damage: 11.9% reduction -> 9.7% reduction

There are all your relevant values

Edited by TACeMossie

I'm struggling to make any sense of that whatsoever.

Tac is saying that if you have say 30% Armor Penetration you will make the attacks that you deal in Kinetic/Energy damage deal anywhere from 32.6% more damage to 27.9% more damage due to the armor penetration. or atleast that's what i make of that

Tac is saying that if you have say 30% Armor Penetration you will make the attacks that you deal in Kinetic/Energy damage deal anywhere from 32.6% more damage to 27.9% more damage due to the armor penetration. or atleast that's what i make of that

Wrong.

Ive listed how much damage is lost from armor before and after the armor debuff

So as an example, a gunnery commando before the armor debuff would lose 25.9% of its kinetic/energy damage to armor, and 21.8% of its damage afterwards. Though rail shot and high impact bolt are different here, and for their reductions you look at the 70% armor pen numbers

Edited by TACeMossie

I computed all the stacking additive/multiplicative effects you need to worry about in my table: http://i.imgur.com/1MSauDP.png.

In the image, Dummy Reduction represents conditions where you won't have the standard 20% armor reduction debuff that Grav Round, Shatter Shot, and Sundering Strike give. Boss Reduction represents conditions where you'll have a 20% armor reduction in addition to your spec's other specific bonuses.

To compute a % increase in DPS between any two armor conditions, find a postcondition tooltip scalar 1 that matches your conditions after applying some armor debuffs, and a precondition tooltip scalar 2 that matches your conditions before applying whatever debuffs, and then compute tooltip scalar 1 / tooltip scalar 2.

For example, if I'm an Infiltration Shadow (9% armor penetration) and want to know how much more damage I'll do after adding the standard 20% armor reduction, I find my post tooltip scalar is 0.718 with 20% reduction and 9% penetration, and my pre tooltip scalar is 0.671 with just 9% penetration. My DPS increase should be 0.718/0.671 = 1.0700, or 7% when I add the 20% armor reduction.

Note that this is the % change that you'll see in kinetic/energy damage. Internal/elemental damage won't be changed.

Edited by MGNMTTRN