Why do you like Star Wars: The Clone Wars?

Aitix

I don't like the show.

It retconns all of Star Wars period. Its another TFU unleashed. Ashoka Tano is basically Starkiller: Two lightsabers, has more force powers and can beat her master Anakin. Basically its another medium to destory Vader's coolness further and make Anakin look like total wimp.

Show is dumb and boring for most episodes. They messed up bringing back Darth Maul and made a total wimp. They over powering Obi wan and making him the star. Give me a freaking break, Anakin was the chosen one and supposed to be the hero of the clone wars. Where is this hero we are supposed to see? All I see is Anakin being saved by Ashoka or Jar Jar Binks, big hero.

I am just glad Geroge Lucas is retiring and hopefully the writer of the prequels and clone wars retires as well. Bring back the original clone wars cartoons which were more serious.

The clones wars to me receives 4 stars out of 10 for a star wars series.

How does she beat her master..?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the show.

It retconns all of Star Wars period. Its another TFU unleashed. Ashoka Tano is basically Starkiller: Two lightsabers, has more force powers and can beat her master Anakin. Basically its another medium to destory Vader's coolness further and make Anakin look like total wimp.

Show is dumb and boring for most episodes. They messed up bringing back Darth Maul and made a total wimp. They over powering Obi wan and making him the star. Give me a freaking break, Anakin was the chosen one and supposed to be the hero of the clone wars. Where is this hero we are supposed to see? All I see is Anakin being saved by Ashoka or Jar Jar Binks, big hero.

I am just glad Geroge Lucas is retiring and hopefully the writer of the prequels and clone wars retires as well. Bring back the original clone wars cartoons which were more serious.

The clones wars to me receives 4 stars out of 10 for a star wars series.

First off, just because a Force-user uses the same lightsaber-style of another Force-user doesn't make him/her the same as that person or else a lot of the Jedi and Sith would be alike. What matters is that she has a personality distinct from him which makes her a different character. Also, it hasn't retconned all of Star Wars history. It hasn't even retconned the warrior Mandalorians we've all come to know. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing in the Clone Wars that says that there aren't Mandalorian mercs still about in the GFFA.

Also, Anakin was holding back when he was fighting with Ahsoka. You don't even explain why most of the episodes are "boring and dumb". Or explain how they messed up bring Maul back and making him a total wimp. How are they over-powering Obi-Wan? If you've watched the show, you'd know that he gets beaten up a lot in it. He even loses on his second duel with Darth Maul.

Also, the original micro-series was bad. The Jedi were WAAAYYY over-powered, some of the droids just stood there waiting to get sliced in half during the battle scenes, and characters like Asajj Ventress and Durge were introduced with nothing learned about them, not even their personalities. I'm not even sure why people like Durge. I'd say he's a good reason why people don't like the Yuuzhan Vong. Nick Jameson was Palpatine was just terrible. Plus, the micro-series didn't even feel like Star Wars. It felt more like "Samurai Jack in Space" or "Dragon Ball Z". On top of it, no plot variety.

On another note, guys, we aren't talking about why we hate the series. This is a thread for people that like it. If you want to, you can make a thread asking people what they hate about it.

I hate the CW because not only did they give skywalker a padawan "when they stated in episode 3 they would not grant him the rank of MASTER" which padawans are reserved for jedi masters. Another reason is they screwed up the mandalorian culture which I was into greatly before the clone wars. All i can say is if this dave filoni starts screwing with the knights of the old republic time era i will personaly visit him myself. He already ruined the original movies for me and all related products of that era!

I hate the CW because not only did they give skywalker a padawan "when they stated in episode 3 they would not grant him the rank of MASTER" which padawans are reserved for jedi masters. Another reason is they screwed up the mandalorian culture which I was into greatly before the clone wars. All i can say is if this dave filoni starts screwing with the knights of the old republic time era i will personaly visit him myself. He already ruined the original movies for me and all related products of that era!

Whilst I'm no big fan of the programme myself, you aren't required to be a master for a padawan. In fact you can't be a master until you've trained at least one padawan usually more, hence why Kenobi was able to take Skywalker as his padawan in episode 1.

We should keep this on topic though for reasons why we like the series. One of the things I do like is seeing more of the edi I like doing something other than sitting in a chair, such as Ki-Adi Mundi and Plo Koon or Luminara ect

I dislike this show so much it is almost impossible to put into words, the show itself is decent, but its heartless trampling of canon is absolutely unforgiveable

-Ryloth

-Even Peill

-Hippie Mandalore

-Darth Maul

-Dengar

-the hounds tooth (Bossks Ship)

-Boba Fett (the destruction of Slave One, Jangos' Helmet, his whininess ect. also BOBA FETT STEPS DOWN WHEN CHILDREN ARE INVOLVED, THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN PART OF HIS CHARECTER!!!)

-The transformation of Grevious from: BA cyborg butcher with a terrific and tragic backstory to,: the dude that when we see him, is either A. Getting his butt kicked or B. retreating

-Ashokas existence

there are plenty more, but I think I'll stop there.

Well, I've got things I do and don't like.

Do like. They show more Jedi and scenes of Jedi fighting which I love.

Don't like. Most episodes focus on Anakin and Obi-Wan

Do Like. Despite the above I do like that other Jedi do actually get episodes all to themselves like the Quinlan Vos episode or the one with Bariss Offee and her Luminara. I just wish there were more.

Don't like. Not many Dark Jedi. We see Assajj Ventress but she's more of a Sith acolyte than a Dark Jedi. I want to see the ones from the comics or others who just lose it trying to fight the dark side and instead fall themselves giving the Jedi a new threat to face.

Do like. The clones. I like that they try to differentiate themselves from the other clones but still consider each other brothers.

Don't like. Anakin and Dooku have faced each other countless times so the scene in EP III makes no sense when Anakin says "My powers have doubled since the last time we met Count." You mean the last few times you've met???

Don't like. Anakin has a padawan. Since when??? Ok, so they gave him one and I can accept that but I don't see how it was needed.

Don't like. The dead people they brought back. If they brought back Maul and Eeth Koth then they better bring back Mace Windu!!

Do like. They don't shy away from being dark at times. It's a cartoon but it appeals to a lot of people!

Don't like. Aurra Sing is only an assasin. I know that when she was first shown in Ep1 she was basically an Assasin but I like how the EU writes made her more. She was once a Padawan trained by the Dark Woman who became a Dark Jedi/Assasin. She was awesome! Now she is reduced to being an assasin in only a few episodes.

Don't like. No Asharrad Hett. The Jedi who would become Darth Krayt has had no air time. He was a cool character.

Anyways...I could go on and on. In the end, I love the series and can't wait to see how it ends.

• 3 weeks later...
-The transformation of Grevious from: BA cyborg butcher with a terrific and tragic backstory to,: the dude that when we see him, is either A. Getting his butt kicked or B. retreating

To be fair, Lucas himself turned Grievous into a sidewhow moustache twirling cartoon villain in Episode III. TCW simply sticks to that "derp"-iction of him.

Don't like. The dead people they brought back. If they brought back Maul and Eeth Koth then they better bring back Mace Windu!!

Windu doesn't die until Episode III, so it's hard to bring back someone who's not dead.

Edited by Fyurii

-They brought back Jar Jar despite all the haters.

-They had someone else play Anakin.

-They introduced the first George Lucas-approved Star wars character I actually liked.

-Has been one of my top favorite TV series for the past few years now.

-Renewed my faith in the Star Wars franchise after the debacle of 2 and 3.

-Appropriately as grim and gritty as an actual Star wars movie would be.

-Fleshed out the troopers.

-Got me in the mood for all the Star Wars Saga edition RPGs I did with my friends.

-Actually got me to at least like and respect Grievous who I saw as a pointless waste in 3.

I have things that I like and don't like.

The show is fine and good, but the really only things that I don't like are:

Anakin's padawan- she can be so annoying. I'm waiting for Grievous or Ventress to kill her off.

Grievous- From famous Jedi killer, mass murderer and great military leader to... a chump. I mean seriously, this guy has a reputation for genocide just for the heck of it, killing Jedi with ease, and out-witting the best Republic tacticians and they turned him into the guy that gets his butt kicked on a regular basis. Grievous killed several Jedi during the battle of Geonosis with only one lightsaber, now he has four and can't beat Ahsoka. General Grievous fought both Mace Windu and Kit Fisto at the same time and fought them to a draw. Now he can't beat Kit Fisto in single combat on his home turf. To me, they trivialized him.

The Mando's- Pacifist Mandalorian's. I never thought I'd see the day. From brutal warrior culture that thrived on fighting Jedi, to pacicfists. I understand not wanting to make them OP like Traviss' mando's but bringing them down to pacifism is wrong. They make me want the Death Watch to win.

That's what I don't like on the show.

I snip.

When did Grevious duel Windu to a draw?

As far as I'm considered, Grevious never stood a chance against Windu..

As god-like this video may make Windu seem. Its actually very true, Windu had the power of Shatterpoint making him easily take down enemies utilizing their greatest weaknesses.

Here I am going off-topic..

When did Grevious duel Windu to a draw?

As far as I'm considered, Grevious never stood a chance against Windu..

As god-like this video may make Windu seem. Its actually very true, Windu had the power of Shatterpoint making him easily take down enemies utilizing their greatest weaknesses.

Here I am going off-topic..

Okay I just did some research on it. And he did duel Mace and Kit simultaneously onboard a maglev train. The duel ended with Grievous being pushed off of the train. So he duel them. Maybe not to a standstill, but they didn't kill him so it shows that he can duel the best of them and survive.

Okay I just did some research on it. And he did duel Mace and Kit simultaneously onboard a maglev train. The duel ended with Grievous being pushed off of the train. So he duel them. Maybe not to a standstill, but they didn't kill him so it shows that he can duel the best of them and survive.

Even though the DS Game: Republic Heroes was retconned, it had Grevious duel Mace and lose while Yoda deactivated the superweapon.

Mace is 2nd to Luke dueling-wise. He mastered all 6 forms and created another one. And he managed to beat Sidious in a duel..

P.S. I am a Mace Windu fanboy :p

Edited by BrandonSM

Even though the DS Game: Republic Heroes was retconned, it had Grevious duel Mace and lose while Yoda deactivated the superweapon.

Mace is 2nd to Luke dueling-wise. He mastered all 6 forms and created another one. And he managed to beat Sidious in a duel..

P.S. I am a Mace Windu fanboy :p

I'm a Mace Windu fanboy as well. = one of those sideways eight things internets to you. :D

I think all the haters need to take a step back and...

... really think about who the show is intended for - 10-16 year old kids.

Ahsoka Tano is a jedi padawan right smack in the middle of that age group, and her personality shows it. She can be stubborn and whiny at times - like ALL teenagers are - but being a padawan, she can kick butt too.

And Boba Fett being whiny and little timid is OK too. Would you want your children to watch a child (boba) killing other children with no remorse? Sure eventually he becomes the Boba Fett a lot of us fell in love with in the movies, but for now let it be.

...realize that it is a TV show and they need to keep ratings up.

So they are going to do "publicity stunts" every now and again. Bringing back Darth Maul is one such stunt.

...realize that the artwork is what it is. You may not like it, but it is obviously a conscious choice. If you do not like it THAT much well I do not know what to tell you.

...realize that retconning is a fact in portraying fictional historical events. It happens all the time. You need to learn to suspend your disbelief better. Yes, canon can and does get tossed out the window. So what? It is a fictional universe after all.

My overall point is, you need to relax and enjoy the ride, instead of nit picking it apart. I have been a Star Wars fan for a LONG time (since day one: May 25th, 1977) and I have NEVER understood the mentality of those who say they are fans but pick at every little detail.

To get back on topic...

I like the series because it fills in the gap between E2 and E3 nicely. Is it PERFECT? No. Is it decent entertainment? YES!

• 3 weeks later...
I have things that I like and don't like.

The show is fine and good, but the really only things that I don't like are:

Anakin's padawan- she can be so annoying. I'm waiting for Grievous or Ventress to kill her off.

Grievous- From famous Jedi killer, mass murderer and great military leader to... a chump. I mean seriously, this guy has a reputation for genocide just for the heck of it, killing Jedi with ease, and out-witting the best Republic tacticians and they turned him into the guy that gets his butt kicked on a regular basis. Grievous killed several Jedi during the battle of Geonosis with only one lightsaber, now he has four and can't beat Ahsoka. General Grievous fought both Mace Windu and Kit Fisto at the same time and fought them to a draw. Now he can't beat Kit Fisto in single combat on his home turf. To me, they trivialized him.

The Mando's- Pacifist Mandalorian's. I never thought I'd see the day. From brutal warrior culture that thrived on fighting Jedi, to pacicfists. I understand not wanting to make them OP like Traviss' mando's but bringing them down to pacifism is wrong. They make me want the Death Watch to win.

That's what I don't like on the show.

Why is Anakin's padawan annoying?

Se isn't ^^°

Many things I don't like in the TCW series. Sometime it's so much kids' show that hurts. Like the robot episodes at the beginning at season 4. Sometimes the plot device is way too strong, situations the characters should handle singe handedly escalates into full trouble just becouse it serves the episode. Mostly this problem goes to the Force. Once it's stronger than anything an episode later almost useless...

And while the show sometimes too childish, in the next episode Asoka jumps up, swing the lightsabers and three mandalorian heads roll off, a village and its people gets burned by flamethrowers... O_O I just don't get what audience the show is aimed for?

But overall it's good. Better than some EU books I had the "luck" to encounter :\

I DO like Asoka. I LOVE the clones, they are great. I always liked the republic era, seeing cities and civilized life in the universe, not just back alley deserts, forests and swamps, or military bases and spaceships.

I like the way the characters portrayed. Obi-wan's sense of humor, Anakin is not whiney or emo, Rex is plain cool. The dinamic between the characters are also great. I like the little nods in and out of the universe, the small hints of the not so distant future. The less "children's" episodes.

And the way the whole series has that dark undertone becouse we all know what will happen very soon.

Edited by Meglivorn

Generally, I like it because it's good at storytelling. Or, at least, it isn't any worse than the movies in that regard. The main characters are developed well, and in my opinion some of them are better than they were in the films. Also, it generally deals with themes that I consider mature for a cartoon show even though it has the odd silly/childish episode here and there.

The Clone Wars (as in the lore event, not the show) are one of the most interesting periods for me. I think it's a damn shame the movies skipped them. So I get my fix for it with the show.

She's basically Anakin if he were a girl. The Council made a horrible decision giving Anakin a padawan. Might as well have handed her off to Count Dooku. At least she would have been trained properly.

She's gotten a lot better in my opinion. Season 1, she was horrible. By the time of Season 3, she grew on me...

She's gotten a lot better in my opinion. Season 1, she was horrible. By the time of Season 3, she grew on me...

I guess she sort of matured over time, but she isn't getting the proper teachings. And obviously, Anakin fails in teaching her. Had she been promoted to Jedi Knight, Anakin would be a Master in EP.3. Which leads me to believe that the Council takes her away from Anakin to get proper training, or she dies.

I guess she sort of matured over time, but she isn't getting the proper teachings. And obviously, Anakin fails in teaching her. Had she been promoted to Jedi Knight, Anakin would be a Master in EP.3. Which leads me to believe that the Council takes her away from Anakin to get proper training, or she dies.

I think she dies or leaves.

I like the Clone Wars because it fleshes out the films even more. Theres a huge gap between episode 2 and 3 and they do a good job of filling it.

I like how they've added to the character of Darth Sidious and shed more light on how he orchestrated the clone wars etc. to gain power.

I like how they've given Grevious the air time he deserved and how they haven't made him an overpowered, jedi butchering, invincible, super robot. But whats he's meant to be, a cyborg commander with a vendetta against the jedi and a tendency for retreating. Yes he may not be as epic, but lets face it, he was beaten in a duel by Obi Wan Kenobi. How then can he face off against several jedi masters and dominate them all? That's the sort of stuff that doesn't make sense.

I like how they've introduced the character of Ventress who until now has only been a relatively unknown character in the comics.

I like how they're fleshing out Anakin's fall to the dark side which in the next season they seem to be elevating even more.

I like the background story they've given to Boba Fett.

I like how they've continued the comedy aspect of the droids (reminds me of that moment when R2 fires those super battle droids :D)

I don't see any problems with introducing Mandalore as a pacifist planet, the Mandalorians were never really a 'nation' anyway. From what I've seen in SWTOR and KOTOR there just a group of scattered mercenaries/warriors who rally under the banner of Mandalore when called. They're clearly a cult, not a nation.

I like the Nightsisters, who are not sith, they're sorcerers. They're bringing forward a different form of the force which I think is really interesting.

I like the whole Maul/Savage Oppress thing despite what other people say. Maul being a nightbrother rather than a random kid from Iridonia can only be seen as an improvement and I don't see why people get angry about it. Nor do I see why people get angry about Maul coming back, after all your probably the same people who where complaining about Maul not getting enough air time in the films.

I also like how they're putting a brain behind Maul, rather than him being a lightsaber wiedling brute who does his masters bidding. Now he's actually got cunning, ambition and a desire to become a manipulating sith.

I also like how they're looking into Count Dooku's role as a sith rather than just some noble dude. And his attempts to overthrow Sidious, there rivalry wasn't so apparent in the films. (he's also a character who didn't get much air time)

There's probably more but these are the main things I can think of now, and the list is getting a bit long. :D

The only thing I dislike about TCW is Grevious getting beaten by Gungans, whats up with that?

(I'd also prefer if people stopped hating about TCW, after all this thread is titled why do you like Star Wars: The Clone Wars - for god sake if you don't like it go somewhere else)