Maintenance: November 8th, 2017

EricMusco

look bioware all this maintenance crap should of been done and over with this mo9rning in the allotted 1zm to 1pm time frame that was givien this is total bs that we still can't even log into the game or our servers that we play on due to you there at ea and bioware taking your own damn sweet time! get with the program and get the damn game up and running for christs sake! yes i'm upset I have every right to be!

Um, try this:

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was aware of the merger last month. I'm also aware that the initial timeframe for the merger was supposed to be completed by 1 pm PST. Then we got the 6 hour extended maintenance time till 7 pm. I log on at 8 pm PST, and merger is still not complete. I understand that 'things happen,' but it would have been nice to be able to log in now....

Read it again. It stated a MINIMUM of 12 hours. I'm sure they feel like it would have been nice to be able to go to bed now, as they have been working on this solidly for 19 straight hours. You can't always get what you want. But they told you the deal in no uncertain terms. MINIMUM of 12 hours.

no its a result of them not completing said maintence in the allotted and given time frame. its that simpe game should of been up and running and back online at 1pm p0acific standard time this afternoon no ifs ands or buts. that is the time ea and bioware gave us that's the time it should of been completed and finished what is going on now Is simply stalling and ea and bioware going gee George we don't know how to *********** fix things and we are just sitting around with our thumbs up our *** because we don't know what the hell to do!

So, by your estimation, the time it is taking to complete this major server update is a result of them being lazy?

I was aware of the merger last month. I'm also aware that the initial timeframe for the merger was supposed to be completed by 1 pm PST. Then we got the 6 hour extended maintenance time till 7 pm. I log on at 8 pm PST, and merger is still not complete. I understand that 'things happen,' but it would have been nice to be able to log in now....

If you look at their Twitter feed, the initial post when bringing down the servers today states an estimated time of at least 12 hours. Yes, it has been extended and they delayed opening all the servers up to make sure everything was running smooth.

Well far be it for me to try and rush you guys but it does seem alittle unfair you've allowed some people to login and play while the rest of us have to sit and wait while you are attempting to check on an error you say your having with the game, meanwhile not giving us any information as to when the servers will be back up, that maybe good enough answer for those that play for free , but i am a subscriber i pay to play this game and every hour that you keep me logged out is a hour of my paid time wasted and i know bioware doesn't give a rats *** about that but i think those of us who pay for our accounts should be compensated for our loss of gametime.

Read it again. It stated a MINIMUM of 12 hours. I'm sure they feel like it would have been nice to be able to go to bed now, as they have been working on this solidly for 19 straight hours. You can't always get what you want. But they told you the deal in no uncertain terms. MINIMUM of 12 hours.

At this point my guess is that they are surviving on a pure caffeine overload.

I don't understand. Switch?

PVP and PVE have their own instances now. You cannot be attack if you are in a pve instance. This has been there for a while now. You will notice on your map if it says pve or pvp if it says pve then don't worry. If it says pvp click it and switch to pve and there you go.

What a lovely community. If sending the complainers two quarters to rub together as a "refund" on their sub for the day would make them happy enough to shut them up, I'd suggest doing it. But unfortunatley, it won't. They will just find something else to be pissy about, *sigh*

@Eric Musco - There do not appear to be any PVP/PVE designations on the servers for me (and several others who have responded here likewise), hopefully that person is not trolling you guys and sending you on a goose chase to fix something that isn't even a "thing" after a long night/day/night again of hard work to make this all happen. Take care of yourselves, and hopefully you will see some sleep sooner rather than later. Cheers!

You sure are taking this rather seriously. I thought this discussion ended pages ago. Yeah, getting 50 cents back is pretty nice but I prefer something else. Why does it exactly matter to you? It really is not a big deal.

Edited by Ackerprincess

no its a result of them not completing said maintence in the allotted and given time frame. its that simpe game should of been up and running and back online at 1pm p0acific standard time this afternoon no ifs ands or buts. that is the time ea and bioware gave us that's the time it should of been completed and finished what is going on now Is simply stalling and ea and bioware going gee George we don't know how to *********** fix things and we are just sitting around with our thumbs up our *** because we don't know what the hell to do!

They said twelve hours was the minimum. The MINIMUM. And again, are you an IT expert? You have no idea what they're trying to work through. You don't know the code, you don't know their systems, you probably don't even have their training.

Okay, you know what? I don't know where you live. But if it's day out, go for a walk. Interact with people. Pet a small puppy. Pick up a book. SOMETHING. The game will be back EVENTUALLY, but honestly, you're getting super mad about such a little issue and it's really embarrassing to watch. You're reading like a child. If you're not prepared to have a mature conversation, then maybe you need to not be here, and not play the game. After all, it is a mature game. Or are you about to start a flame war about the references to sex, the violence, the queer relationships, the mass genocide, etc?

It is a game. It is ONLY a game. It is seriously not worth getting this angry over.

If you are this entitled then maybe you shouldn't be playing the game.

At this point, I'm pretty sure you don't understand what the word "Minimum" means or the concept behind it. Minimum means "This will take at least this amount of time, period, end of story." They did not say "maximum", the update also said they estimated; they were wrong. If they had said "Maximum" then they'd have over shot their deadline and you MIGHT have {wouldn't} had a point to gripe about.

At this point my guess is that they are surviving on a pure caffeine overload.

Reminder to the devs! Drinking five 5-hour energy drinks doesn't give you 25 hours of energy, it just gives you a heart attack. Be healthy, be safe, and please take breaks so you don't burn out too fast!

There is literally so much that can go wrong with a server merge and they've been doing what they can to make sure it goes as smoothly as possible. If they released it ASAP without making sure that these issues were fixed, you'd complain about how sloppy they did and that they shouldn't release a half-done update.

I am going to hope and pray that the ones throwing fits and wanting refunds are not on Star Forge as I don't want to have to deal with that in a group. If they throw a fit about something that has been planned for awhile, I am afraid to have them in a group doing a flashpoint or operation and it doesn't go their way.

At this point, I'm pretty sure you don't understand what the word "Minimum" means or the concept behind it. Minimum means "This will take at least this amount of time, period, end of story." They did not say "maximum", the update also said they estimated; they were wrong. If they had said "Maximum" then they'd have over shot their deadline and you MIGHT have {wouldn't} had a point to gripe about.

Poster you're responding to is obviously trolling - just ignore...