Why are groups allowed to queue with solo players in warzones?

megoix

Understand that even if they get rid of queuing as a group, people will still be queue syncing via voice chat.

This might result in slightly less premades, but there will still be premades.

How will you complain about that?

Simple solution, cross server queues? It puzzles me, why it has not been done already, considering this game has lost so many players and this still is not implemented.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Understand that even if they get rid of queuing as a group, people will still be queue syncing via voice chat.

This might result in slightly less premades, but there will still be premades.

How will you complain about that?

Laughing at it, is what I would do. If people where that luck then by all means. It's not something you can do much about either, nor does it really matter either.

Laughing at it, is what I would do. If people where that luck then by all means. It's not something you can do much about either, nor does it really matter either.

Luck doesn't have much to do with it. If 8 people are in Vent saying "3, 2, 1, QUEUE!" most, if not all, will end up in the same warzone (unless cross server queues were implemented as mentioned above).

I didn't say it was better.. I was saying it was worse which is why we can't have groups vs groups in unrated pvp. I think you missed the point sorry if i was unclear?

I will not even dignify this with a response.

Premade haters like to run on this but it is a terrible point when thought out for reasons I just described;. More skilled groups will obliterate lesser skilled groups without a rating system which cannot currently work in this game, nor does it make sense anyway because the warzones are inherently bad for competitive pvp which is another argument though. Lesser skilled groups will pretty much never queue then and we'll see group pvp destroy itself with your proposed "solution" and suddenly people can't play with friends which is entirely unacceptable.

I think the issue here is that people do not actually realize how underskilled they are and when they run into more skilled opponents they want to blame it on the fact that there are too many of them in a single warzone (which good players virtually across the board absolutely HATE queuing solo into random battlegrounds btw and would sooner quit)

I don't really see the problem tbh. ANYONE and EVERYONE is able to group up. It's not like you were born not being able to while some people are... Forming a group in trade is much better than not. Pugging is not the same as randoming. Pugging is MUCH better, not to mention more entertaining. Do you guys not like other people or something?

You were saying premade vs premade is worse, you even repeated it now. That inherently means that it is better than premade vs randoms. There's no third alternative here in between.

We currently have no rated system, which means that the only way you can ensure skill. Is by grouping with skilled people. And to top it all of, you can group those versus random people. Turning it into an unfair advantage.

I'm baffled that you do not understand that you're actually presenting an argument to the benefit of premade vs premade, not the other way around. Just the fact you're saying premade vs premade without a ranking system is unfair, without understanding that premade vs random is even more unfair is totally, and utterly, mind blowing.

I simply cannot believe it is easier to make endless threads about the same topic and bang your heads against the wall offering the same suggestions over and over to Bioware, than to just form a frigging premade.

maybe their pvp skill is worse then my spelling,and no one wants them..

You were saying premade vs premade is worse, you even repeated it now. That inherently means that it is better than premade vs randoms. There's no third alternative here in between.

Yeah premades vs premades are worse than premades vs randoms which is why I am against it... Why can't you get it?

We currently have no rated system, which means that the only way you can ensure skill. Is by grouping with skilled people. And to top it all of, you can group those versus random people. Turning it into an unfair advantage.

Skill, coordination, and just good playing is not an unfair advantage. It is an advantage, but it is not unfair. Get it.

I'm baffled that you do not understand that you're actually presenting an argument to the benefit of premade vs premade, not the other way around. Just the fact you're saying premade vs premade without a ranking system is unfair, without understanding that premade vs random is even more unfair is totally, and utterly, mind blowing.

No I'm not, you just don't get it. At all. Premade vs premade isn't "unfair" in the same way that you are thinking. Premade vs premade is impractical and you can't put groups against groups without a rating system because the top will dominate and the bottom will quit and there isn't enough of the top for the top to face eachother so group pvp will completely die out from non-existant queues. But you don't care, you just want disorganized chaos so you can run around and do whatever.

Wow the lack of reality is stunning.

to make it painfully clear, ranked warzones are premades vs premades. Only way you get into them currently.

So I think to balance it out yes disallow official groups for non-ranked. or add a third queue of just solo.

If the queue is longer, players would just have to wait, everyone playing has a right to play how they want, this isnt debateable, Bioware , if it wants to retain customers, needs to set a balance and in the current F2P environment it needs to consider there just will be a lot of solo non guilded players or in very tiny 2 man guilds.(yes I know they are suppsoed to be 5 man but we all know that stopped a long time ago).

For me pvp in this game has already been odd and the dream list of changes would be the following:

1)solo only queue

2)cross server---required for solo queue

3)deathmatch, arena style

4)arena, for solo 1 v 1 or teams, spectator gallery, allow players to gamble would require a referee to monitor for cheating tho( gamblers den could be the perfect start for this.)

5)ability to choose which pvp warzone you want to play, requires cross server to reduce wait times

(guess what if a warzone consistently has a long wait time after this..it means the majority of players hate that warzone and bioware should replace it..not a hard concept)

6)return iluum, yes it needs a change but man in its day it was a blast.(my suggestion pubs and imps sign up, when the required number needed is met, lets say 50, the dang queue system splits the players(regardless of faction into 2 equal teams and they go at it....anyone drops they get nothing...enough players drop from the one side the match ends no one gets anything. and the droppers are barred for a day from playing again...should be a good incentive to stop manipulating matches.)

This goes to all those who are complaining about premades.

Premades are not going to be removed from normals/given another q or whatever else.

Best case scenario, the matchmaker gonna get sorted, so that recruits ain't gonna face elite warheroes.

But sadly, no matter how much you whine on the forums, you ll just keep on getting steamrolled by them evil premades :eek: . You ll continue to not be able to complete ur weekly, while those people will have it done by Wednesday on all their alts.

There is only one solution. Find good players/people and team up urself. Or quit the game. But really, you ll face the same problem on the next MMO u play as well.

There is only one solution. Find good players/people and team up urself. Or quit the game. But really, you ll face the same problem on the next MMO u play as well.

What other MMOs are you talking about that have premade vs pug? I played many and this is the only one is like this.

I would like to know :)

Also you do realise, telling even this small amount of players to quit the game, instead of finding a solution, will make even your game non-existant.

This is in response to the OP. I am usually a solo quer, even though lately it's been more group. For a long time I used to cuss at my teammates when were getting slaughtered, I still do on occasion. When I look back at it I realize maybe I had alot to learn, also. Theres going to be matches, premade or not, where your going to get pounded. Try to improve yourself every match. Either by reading the battleground better, or improving your combat skills. For example, you shouldn't have to wait for someone to type in "3 grass", to know theres trouble at grass. Find ways to have fun even up against a premade thats slaughtering you. Im a stealther, and in huttball, sometimes i go to the other side, where the enemy team spawns, and butcher up the 1or 2 pugs that occasionally die. This is lolzers. Next thing you know, theres 4 guys looking for you. Good times. One day you will have learned enough, that when you do find some players to group with, you'll be a major contribution to the team. Or if your dead set against teamwork, just keep looking for those 1or 2 pugs that occasionally die, like me :) Either way, I think the que system is fine, with premades in it. Maybe the system could do a better job of spreading out the lower geared players. I played a match the other day with 5 guys in my group at 14k health. This was one of those occasions where I still cuss.

Now since the launch of SWTOR this has been possible. It is commonly known as "premades".

It usually means a combination of the following things.

- Friends playing together.

- VOIP coordinated.

- Level of gear is usually in the very high end spectrum.

The result of this is that 4 out of 8 players on the other team, 8 if you're unlucky, are able to coordinate and play in a fashion random people never will. Effectively winning close to every game, resulting in the opposing team giving up. Which means one thing only, farming the medals you can before the game is over.

I would love to hear from Bioware why this is still possible to PVP this way as it is clearly disadvantageous to everyone but the "premade". Anyone?

As a last note, I have the perfect solution. With keeping the ability for friends and guildies to play together. Team them versus each other. Group queued(premade) vs group queued(premade). In the meantime this should be disabled so that people have an equal chance of success based on how they enter any warzone.

Normally 4 on the other team and same chance to get 4 on yours. Get over it, it's not called solo WZ for a reason.

What other MMOs are you talking about that have premade vs pug? I played many and this is the only one is like this.

I would like to know :)

Also you do realise, telling even this small amount of players to quit the game, instead of finding a solution, will make even your game non-existant.

BW stated they are working on a better match making system, if thats not good enough or fast enough, then move on already.

Because MMO's are based around groups of people playing together. This is not Skyrim.

If you would like to have a solo PvP experience I suggest you stick to duels.

/thread

When you solo queue, you are still technically playing with groups of people. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Really this whole thing is a non-issue as soon as they improve matchmaking. No need for seperate queues if the game doesn't trend to group 2 4-mans together against the 8 singles. I don't know why it's worth arguing about knowing that this is coming.

Hell. Even without matchmaking, I don't know why it is worth arguing about. Solo queuing to me is about just popping in real quick for the fun of it and to get my comms and dailies and gear up. I don't usually have a problem doing that by myself when I try. I can be competitive minded to where I still want to win by nature and therefor become frustrated, but really; if it was that important, I would find a group.

When you solo queue, you are still technically playing with groups of people. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Really this whole thing is a non-issue as soon as they improve matchmaking. No need for seperate queues if the game doesn't trend to group 2 4-mans together against the 8 singles. I don't know why it's worth arguing about knowing that this is coming.

Hell. Even without matchmaking, I don't know why it is worth arguing about. Solo queuing to me is about just popping in real quick for the fun of it and to get my comms and dailies and gear up. I don't usually have a problem doing that by myself when I try. I can be competitive minded to where I still want to win by nature and therefor become frustrated, but really; if it was that important, I would find a group.

I think the reason I'm so annoyed with these threads is because they come off as saying "Get rid of groups"... which goes against everything an MMO is based around.

Now since the launch of SWTOR this has been possible. It is commonly known as "premades".

It usually means a combination of the following things.

- Friends playing together.

- VOIP coordinated.

- Level of gear is usually in the very high end spectrum.

The result of this is that 4 out of 8 players on the other team, 8 if you're unlucky, are able to coordinate and play in a fashion random people never will. Effectively winning close to every game, resulting in the opposing team giving up. Which means one thing only, farming the medals you can before the game is over.

I would love to hear from Bioware why this is still possible to PVP this way as it is clearly disadvantageous to everyone but the "premade". Anyone?

As a last note, I have the perfect solution. With keeping the ability for friends and guildies to play together. Team them versus each other. Group queued(premade) vs group queued(premade). In the meantime this should be disabled so that people have an equal chance of success based on how they enter any warzone.

And I bet you don't ***** about premades when they're on your side and they give you a win.

And I bet you don't ***** about premades when they're on your side and they give you a win.

I do, and you could even look at this thread as such. But I don't quit the wz if that is what you mean.

Edited by megoix

I think the system is not THAT bad at all, since normal war zones should not be too competitive. But prioritizing groups and matching them would be a good decision.

Interestingly, when I left the game a year ago, there were only groups playing on my server, sometimes only with 1-2 random guys, so a total of around 6. They were so pissed off because of the over-geared premades. On the other side, those who kept playing became so good that they even defeated voip groups, which was quite fun as you can imagine.

Nevertheless, real groups most of the time have healers and that will do the trick :D

I think the reason I'm so annoyed with these threads is because they come off as saying "Get rid of groups"... which goes against everything an MMO is based around.

normally i would agree with you,. However, these people that group up in this manner are doing it for one sole reason: to dominate and stroke their egos. If people really wanted competition when they group up, they would enter the ranked queue. But since the rank queue is usually dominated by a couple of teams, instead of getting their asses kicked and losing, they go into the pug queue for a match where vent communication gives them an edge and usually an easy win.

since they cannot control people using this advantage, the only other way to even the playing field is to either make a pug queue, or my preference, take out all peoples name/guild tags in the WZ and give everyone a generic look. wont make it impossible to control this out-of-game advatnage with vent, but makes it less of an advatnage..

Edited by mulzii

normally i would agree with you,. However, these people that group up in this manner are doing it for one sole reason: to dominate and stroke their egos. [...]they go into the pug queue for a match where vent communication gives them an edge and usually an easy win.

Wrong.

WZ is 8 players, 1 players i you/me, and 7 others are random. out of those 7, 1 will be a kid who only smash buttons (not mean smash spec, I mean smashing random buttons), 1 will be a girl looking for attention (oh , looke at me, I'm a girl and I pvp), 1 will be rambo 'I don't call inc can 1vs2 and I die cause they cheat', 1 will go afk guarding a node, and 3 others will be decent.

people premade to have only 4 spots open , so

only 50% chance you get a kid, 50% chance you get a atttention wh*, no one will stay afk on a node (since my premade will delegate a tank to guard), 50% chance for a rambo player, and that's left with atleast 1 decent player with 50% chacne for 2 decent guys.

Ppl not group to faceroll, peopel group not to deal with stupid.

I don't do rated cause I'm in pve guild with friends, can't get that 8 (on that note, we usualy don't group at all as total 5 of us pvp and max 3 are online at same time unless we do ops)

Usually this isn't a problem in an mmorpg, but when the mmorpg doesn't have new blood it can be problem. This has always been a problem in an mmorpg. Group queue players should be queue against group players. However, I don't know if there is enough group players for them to sustain their own queue on any given server. Perhaps if there was a cross server queue it might work. Ultimately, if you feel this a problem that doesn't let you play the game the way you want it. I recommend you cancel your subscription. Money is the language of mmorpgs companies. Otherwise, you can complain all you want, but BW like WoW won't do any thing until the situation is dire. I personally, haven't really notice a difference. It's funny when the premade loses badly that they all quit at the same time lol. Edited by Knockerz

Wrong.

WZ is 8 players, 1 players i you/me, and 7 others are random. out of those 7, 1 will be a kid who only smash buttons (not mean smash spec, I mean smashing random buttons), 1 will be a girl looking for attention (oh , looke at me, I'm a girl and I pvp), 1 will be rambo 'I don't call inc can 1vs2 and I die cause they cheat', 1 will go afk guarding a node, and 3 others will be decent.

people premade to have only 4 spots open , so

only 50% chance you get a kid, 50% chance you get a atttention wh*, no one will stay afk on a node (since my premade will delegate a tank to guard), 50% chance for a rambo player, and that's left with atleast 1 decent player with 50% chacne for 2 decent guys.

Ppl not group to faceroll, peopel group not to deal with stupid.

I don't do rated cause I'm in pve guild with friends, can't get that 8 (on that note, we usualy don't group at all as total 5 of us pvp and max 3 are online at same time unless we do ops)

rightttt. to, as you quote, 'deal with stupid' translates to '4-people having the overwhelming advantage of out-of-game communication' to ensure a win. The base players i've seen are the ones that can excel both in a premade (4 or 8 man) AND deal with the 'stupids' and still get wins.

But if thats your main concern, why not advocate for a queue that accepts only 4-man groups? So two 4-man groups are grouped together against a team with two four man groups? Of course, you would lose the advantage of out-of-game communication, but that shouldnt matter, right?

L2P

nwm, its really a "learn to play" thingy, from whatever direction i look at it.

From PuGs view, is a real chellange and nearly always a lost game.

Lost the game can also mean, learned something.

At all, to loose in PvP was never a problem to me as long as i knew, why.

Mostly i came to the conclusion, that i made wrong.

Yeah, sometimes you dont make wrong but still ... loose.

So, loads of time to watch or skirmish in a match thats lost anyways.

Why care so mutch ?

From the premade's view, its just practise.

Where should i practise to play together with my friends to find my role in the team ?

Im still a nabber without EWH gear, i cannot go to ranked WZ, so what ?

Over that its epic fun to have friends for PvP and its a win due to voice coms only, beside of the players that join groups to advance their PvP are anyways skilled for a certain level.

So here are my tips how to engange a good premade ...

Show no respect, combat wise.

No need to get personal and hate rage, its a game, it may have a sportive character.

Use EVERYTHING you have, try to win a fight instead of the match.

Try to hinder them, stay on the ball, doors, objectives.

When your heartbeat is going up and your body responses to the game, changeing your breathing, your adrenaline, you seriously must master that in first place.

There is no way to make rational decisions while going emo.

Once you have overview, try to watch the people and yourself, learning starts here i think.

I dont wrote that directly to OP, but there is a lot complaining about premades in Pug WZs and thats not quit right to me. Everyone can ask himself, with how many PKs you enter lvl 50 for the first time.

And at all, why is "build your own premade" not allowed as argument ??!

Your 'poetry' suggests that the problem is that people respond emotionally to WZ's.

BW, you should have made a game that provokes no emotional responses!

(Wait, *** kinda game would THAT be?!)

/sarcasm

Edited by Ycoga