Disproportionate class drops....

too bad i know that the dev's would never release this info, especially if it was DESIGNED to slow down the gearing of people so they stay around longer.

Stop being so conspiratorial, and realize that people posting on the forums is not useful evidence for drop rate odds.

Particularly because only the people with bad streaks would be likely to post, while the people seeing a nice random mix wouldn't be mentioning it on the forums

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please learn how Statistics work.

The loot system is random, and there is no imbalance or bug or fault with the odds for items to drop.

Odd streaks WILL happen in any random system

its not random when i know what main gear is going to drop in hardmode bosses lol

people do not want to admit we are still in beta testing and i have no idea how devs could mess up a random algorithm.

Edited by D_Rock_

Please learn how Statistics work.

The loot system is random, and there is no imbalance or bug or fault with the odds for items to drop.

Odd streaks WILL happen in any random system

on a computer there is no true random tough

I am a BH and have ran FE 22 times with no drop of the BH chest, I also have ran BP 13 times and never seen the gloves. On my BH I completed a full IA columni set and a sith juggernaut set before getting 2 columni drops. I believe there is deffinantly something messed up with the seeding of HM instances. It seems to be trying to adjust the loot to the group incorrectly.

We have experienced similar problems for other members in my guild. For example when the juggernaut doesn't go on the run his chest piece drops then when we don't bring the agent her chest piece drops. Its really frustrating for all of us.

I don't know if we are going crazy or not but we have started seeding HMs with a random member of the party and filling up the other members after, for some bizarre reason this has given us a more random set of drops.

The same loot issues do not seem to be present in EV, at least for me anyway as this is where I have gotten all my columni gear from lol.

Stop being so conspiratorial, and realize that people posting on the forums is not useful evidence for drop rate odds.

Particularly because only the people with bad streaks would be likely to post, while the people seeing a nice random mix wouldn't be mentioning it on the forums

What better way to keep people raiding though :) reason i mentioned it is because THAT is how i would program it myself if i was in charge! It is a great idea from a "keep em coming back for more" standpoint just make sure the end users never figure it out :)

I don't really think that is the case, but wouldn't surprise me it IS a good idea :), if i had to take a shot in the dark, they might (instead of a RNG) use a system based off perhaps who loots, who created instance could be op leader or who zoned in first no clue. I have already seen some "bizarre" behavior with people appear in different instances when invited in the middle of a raid as people as swapped in/out often resulting in having EVERYONE zone out and come back.

We have already seen the bizarre behavior of the RNG and the PvP bags, something seem really wonky with the "RNG" in this game, maybe it is based off the original Pentium chips that can't do math right :) (old school reference!)

What better way to keep people raiding though :) reason i mentioned it is because THAT is how i would program it myself if i was in charge! It is a great idea from a "keep em coming back for more" standpoint just make sure the end users never figure it out :)

I don't really think that is the case, but wouldn't surprise me it IS a good idea :), if i had to take a shot in the dark, they might (instead of a RNG) use a system based off perhaps who loots, who created instance could be op leader or who zoned in first no clue. I have already seen some "bizarre" behavior with people appear in different instances when invited in the middle of a raid as people as swapped in/out often resulting in having EVERYONE zone out and come back.

We have already seen the bizarre behavior of the RNG and the PvP bags, something seem really wonky with the "RNG" in this game, maybe it is based off the original Pentium chips that can't do math right :) (old school reference!)

And for those of us who cannot raid because our gear is horrible because it doesn't drop or simply the fact that we don't have enough people to do an ops? 80% of my group's Columi drops are smuggler and 20% trooper, and once in a blue moon we see an epic drop that isn't for a smuggler or consular. Since my group consists of 2 Jedi Knights and 2 Consulars, our consulars get all the epics, while I and the other JK dps are stuck out to dry? If this is a bug should it not be fixed? My Hardmode group's companions are starting to out-gear them. Its rather frustrating that we go through all the troubles of a hardmode for none of the benefits. :mad:

Well, as an update... I started this thread when I had absolutely no pieces. I'm now wearing full Columi. Basically I saw nothing but BH drops with the occasional IA drop, and then suddenly over the course of 2 days I got pretty much all my gear. The only thing I struggled to get after that point was the pants. I literally went 4/5 Columi over a period of 2 days, after trying to grind it out for a week solid with no luck whatsoever. Regardless, it sucks... but at least I'm past that... for now.

Well, as an update... I started this thread when I had absolutely no pieces. I'm now wearing full Columi. Basically I saw nothing but BH drops with the occasional IA drop, and then suddenly over the course of 2 days I got pretty much all my gear. The only thing I struggled to get after that point was the pants. I literally went 4/5 Columi over a period of 2 days, after trying to grind it out for a week solid with no luck whatsoever. Regardless, it sucks... but at least I'm past that... for now.

Did you change the party members you ran with?

My 22 (maybe 23 by now) page thread is all about how static groups see very little variance in loot. To the point of predicting all drops in a run.

And for those of us who cannot raid because our gear is horrible because it doesn't drop or simply the fact that we don't have enough people to do an ops? 80% of my group's Columi drops are smuggler and 20% trooper, and once in a blue moon we see an epic drop that isn't for a smuggler or consular. Since my group consists of 2 Jedi Knights and 2 Consulars, our consulars get all the epics, while I and the other JK dps are stuck out to dry? If this is a bug should it not be fixed? My Hardmode group's companions are starting to out-gear them. Its rather frustrating that we go through all the troubles of a hardmode for none of the benefits. :mad:

Just a heads up... you can raid normal mode in just about any gear. The good part is that some people will get geared up quickly. The bad part is you cannot select who gets loot in normal modes. Once you get a few people some gear, you should be able to handle hardmodes... in there you can distribute loot however you like.