could r2 become force sensitive

turnoverla-page

something has got me thinking, that r2d2 could become force sensitive, because if you think about it Skippy the droid was force sensitive (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Skippy_the_Jedi_Droid)

and there was also the jedi on hoth who believed if you dint wipe a droids memory they gain a personality and eventually the force and r2' was never wiped.

R2 can be force sensitive? are u joking? of course he could... and when it comes it will be the end of the sith empire forever... because R2 is the chosen one (just no one beleived when he stood at anakins side, that's why every one thought that anakin is the chosen one) Even T3-M4 is one of the most powerful force sensitives...that's why the Empreror destroyed him first and not Revan.

R2 can be force sensitive? are u joking? of course he could... and when it comes it will be the end of the sith empire forever... because R2 is the chosen one (just no one beleived when he stood at anakins side, that's why every one thought that anakin is the chosen one) Even T3-M4 is one of the most powerful force sensitives...that's why the Empreror destroyed him first and not Revan.

I had to reread this two or three times to get what you were saying.

+1 Good Sir.

a force sensitive droid would be the death of the great saga/starwars, i like/love star wars because its a science fiction yet you feel there is some logic on all of it, that made/makes it different than any other saga, so making a droid force sensitive is.... just pushing it to much, i can try to understand that a force sensitive can be so powerful that he/she can move an asteroid from its orbit as in force unleashed(which was the worst thing ever) but a force sensitive droid is something that my mind cant process! Edited by saremun

a force sensitive droid would be the death of the great saga/starwars, i like/love star wars because its a science fiction yet you feel there is some logic on all of it, that made/makes it different than any other saga, so making a droid force sensitive is.... just pushing it to much, i can try to understand that a force sensitive can be so powerful that he/she can move an asteroid from its orbit as in force unleashed(which was the worst thing ever) but a force sensitive droid is something that my mind cant process!

^^This

I hope this was never canon. Although I must admit, upon reading its Wookieepedia page I was touched by the story of a brave little droid who sacrificed himself for the good of the galaxy. ;)

Not on George Lucas's watch. The idea of the theme of droids being detached from nature completely is too strong a theme of his to see him discard that. They represent the distance between humanity and nature that technology creates, so of course they would be cut off from the living universal force in his world of icons and archetypes.

No midichlorians, nuff said. People hate the yuuzhan vong for their 'contrived' force invisibility, but they were an extra galactic threat. So no midichlorians.

Just a question for everyone. What makes you think you need Midichlorians in your body to use the force? Why not just use the Midichlorians in other peoples bodies. Lets point out the flawed logic here with an example

In order to come up with a cure for cancer, you must be a cancer victim.

Just a question for everyone. What makes you think you need Midichlorians in your body to use the force? Why not just use the Midichlorians in other peoples bodies. Lets point out the flawed logic here with an example

In order to come up with a cure for cancer, you must be a cancer victim.

Your example itself is flawed, in the way that it does not apply. A better example would be this:

Why learn/study in order to become more intelligent? Why not just use other peoples intelligence instead?

You can't 'feed' of other peoples intelligence and make it your own. In the same way you can't 'feed' off other people's midichlorians. Its inside their body, not yours, and therefore is not part of you - you therefore cannot use it. Much like organs, midichlorians are specific to the person, and if inserted into some else body or somehow tapped into, they would be rejected.

One of the most interesting parts of the Jedi Knight storyline was

The ME-D Droids.

I'm not sure if they became fully force-sensitive, but I know they were learning. There's not much info on them (in sources such as Wookieepedia) and I don't remember details, but I for sure remember that

Leeha Narezz

was teaching them to use the Force. Why not R2?

(Of course, I'm biased here, seeing as R2 is my favorite character and think it would be awesome for him to reach that level of awareness.)

I actually think force sensitive droids are plausible, but there would have had to have been something that happened to them that makes them more than simply a machine. It really comes down to can a droid have a soul, can it surpass it's programming and actually become alive.

This is kinda a philosophical question, that one sees in Star Trek: The Next Generation, that isn't really addressed in Star Wars.

As far as droids go, 4-LOM arguably did show it was possible, it could be argued that at one point he could tap into the force, not for any flashy feats, I don't think a force-sensitive droid could develop the ability to pull off telekinesis, alter mind, or anything of that nature, but intuition and limited precognition, I think 4-LOM actually did touch the force. I suspect that 4-LOM may have been a prototype droid with some organic components though.

As far as R2 is concerned, he's probably taken the key step of surpassing his programming, C3-P0 has also surpassed his programming (R2 probably did so a lot sooner than C3-P0 though), Corran Horn's Whistler also surpassed his programming (considering the droid uploaded himself onto another computer just before a routine memory wipe and upgrades while in Cor-Sec, then redownloaded himself, after Corran Horn left Cor-Sec, the droid didn't have any memory wipes since. As far as being force sensitive.

I think people confuse R2's and Whistler's ability to think for themselves, their self-awareness, I really think droids like R2 and Whistler arguably do have souls, the way they are able to do things way outside of their programming, in Whistler's case his versitility, ability to plan things out, and abilty to just be plain sneaky, clearly demonstrates he had surpassed his programming. I mean seriously, an Astromech, potentially serving as a Defense Attorney, and years later busting himself and Wedge's Astromech out of lockdown, getting paid passage aboard a freighter, then causing a planned distraction to get away from that; and to top it all of managing to contact Talon Karrde whom isn't easy to track down is fairly impressive.

Your example itself is flawed, in the way that it does not apply. A better example would be this:

Why learn/study in order to become more intelligent? Why not just use other peoples intelligence instead?

You can't 'feed' of other peoples intelligence and make it your own. In the same way you can't 'feed' off other people's midichlorians. Its inside their body, not yours, and therefore is not part of you - you therefore cannot use it. Much like organs, midichlorians are specific to the person, and if inserted into some else body or somehow tapped into, they would be rejected.

Yours doesn't make sense. See they they paint Midiclorians as some sort of a virus or bug that lives in your blood. Therefore you could modify them with technology. Like curing the flu. And your intelligent logic is still flawed since I can indeed hire smart people to work for me and use their intelligent for my purpose.

Also many force powers affect others by using their midiclorians like Mind trick

something has got me thinking, that r2d2 could become force sensitive, because if you think about it Skippy the droid was force sensitive (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Skippy_the_Jedi_Droid)

and there was also the jedi on hoth who believed if you dint wipe a droids memory they gain a personality and eventually the force and r2' was never wiped.

Well let's see....

NOT POSSIBLE!! lol just think about it. I always hated that Jedi chick the the JK storyline who thought her droids could become force sensitive. That's just such a stupid idea.

If Disney makes it canon that a droid can use the force, then I will RAGE!!!