Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

Love the parser! Too many client crashes and combat stops (titan 6, olok) to reliably use it yet, but these are problems that all parsers have had/still have.

My raid group and I have not experienced these problems. If you are willing, I would love to get your client error log to see it will help pin down a problem. Due to the way ClickOnce installs are done it isn't straight forward to get the error log but you can search your system for ParsecErrorLog.txt. Then please email the log to the email address shown when you click the ? button in the client.

Oh also, I would love to see a combat log where you get a combat reset during titan or olok.

Edited by Docmal

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Try the PVP Stat Stopwatch pop out! Its purpose is to begin tracking combat statistics from the time the start button is clicked to when it is stopped - giving you running totals across combat events. I should really rename this since it is not just usefull for PVP

Your update today was exactly what I was looking for in terms of group management, however, I do not believe I was clear in my request for the clipping.

My desire is the ability to, post-fight, be able to access my parse log data, clip specific time increments from it, (typically the back end) and save the modified version. The program is perfect for viewing the log; I was just curious if the option to view it in those time increments, and to edit it for uploading, was a possibility at all.

Thank you!

I am currently looking into this feature. I can't promise anything because SWTOR combat logs are notorious about abilities being out of order. I am not confident that I can count on the order of the enter stealth and exit combat events, which would be important in any solution to this problem.

TORParse does this, so maybe have a look there for inspiration.

Could you implement some pop out customization options? Ability to change text font and size. Color wheel for text and background color. An option to turn off the pop out background and just display the information.

My group had a few issues with the client on Styrak and Thrasher group members were not registered or incorrect data. Other than a few issues my group really enjoys this parser and will continue to use.

Could you implement some pop out customization options? Ability to change text font and size. Color wheel for text and background color. An option to turn off the pop out background and just display the information.

My group had a few issues with the client on Styrak and Thrasher group members were not registered or incorrect data. Other than a few issues my group really enjoys this parser and will continue to use.

The Pop Outs currently have size adjustments which increase/decrease the font size and they also have opacity adjustments which increase/decrease the background visibility.

If you are ever curious about what something does hover over it. I have tried to add tool tip text to every control that is not clear from its onscreen text.

You do not have the full operations log =)

You have your full log, and you have communicated totals. Fully transmitting everyone's complete log while running would require a obscene increase in the amount of bandwidth used.

Have everyone upload a group log on torparse if you need everything.

I remember when using the deceased MoniTOR having the full log and not having any problems with that, maybe if it was a 16man raid (never really done many of those). It was also amazing because you could save the full party log into a file and then upload it to ask mr. robot parser which was an amazing post-raid evaluation tool, probably better than torparse is now

I am currently looking into this feature. I can't promise anything because SWTOR combat logs are notorious about abilities being out of order. I am not confident that I can count on the order of the enter stealth and exit combat events, which would be important in any solution to this problem.

Docmal -- Me and my Brother are currently writing our own open source parser. Recently I was notified that MoX handles the Scoundrel's Disappearing Act. I reversed engineered it and basically MoX watches for Disappearing Act and then sets a grace period (the period in my parser is set to 15 seconds) for you to enter back into combat, else it starts a new fight.

If you want to take a look at my implementation for the handling of Disappearing Act, I can PM you a link. I might need to change the requirement of the exit event being 100ms prior to DA though, if that's ever out of order.

I remember when using the deceased MoniTOR having the full log and not having any problems with that, maybe if it was a 16man raid (never really done many of those). It was also amazing because you could save the full party log into a file and then upload it to ask mr. robot parser which was an amazing post-raid evaluation tool, probably better than torparse is now

SWMoniTOR was a peer-to-peer program, which means that there is no server bandwidth that you would ever have to worry about. Server bandwidth can be really expensive. Transmitting totals vs an entire log is a huge difference in bandwidth. And as far as I know, Ask Mr. Robot no longer allows uploading of logs =/

Did an update to PARSEC today and hit many of the issues raised in this thread. Thanks for all your participation and I hope you enjoy the changes!

1. Heals on NPCs no longer count toward your total healing unless they are a player companion (Healing done via CC ability will no longer be counted)
  2. Exiting Combat via stealth ability will give you a window of 10 seconds to reenter combat before a new fight is started
  3. A window of 1 second is opened on any combat exit event, if combat is re-entered during the window the fight is continued (e.g.: Olok The Shadow will not be split into two fights)
  4. Renamed some pop outs to give a better description of their purpose
  5. Added Absorption Shield Casts and Cast Per Minute statistic to the Healing Done Tab

Docmal -- Me and my Brother are currently writing our own open source parser. Recently I was notified that MoX handles the Scoundrel's Disappearing Act. I reversed engineered it and basically MoX watches for Disappearing Act and then sets a grace period (the period in my parser is set to 15 seconds) for you to enter back into combat, else it starts a new fight.

If you want to take a look at my implementation for the handling of Disappearing Act, I can PM you a link. I might need to change the requirement of the exit event being 100ms prior to DA though, if that's ever out of order.

I guess great minds think alike. This is pretty much how I implemented it. It was pretty easy since I already had a grace period after an exit combat event due to the out of order appearance of combat activity after an exit combat event.

Edited by Docmal

everything about this is great... i would add more stuff to the Raid feature... for example Tank is awesome, for self tank, but me as a raid leader would love to have this numbers myself, in other words... raid tab has really small info in regards of everything, just basic this, this and this, would love to be able to MicroManage everyones action, like old school WoW and other MMO addons had.. i know swtor make it more difficult, but pretty sure this is what everyone "wants" and is waitting from a parser... i want to be a raid leader and see, why the **** is my tank dieing? dmg taken click, tank, click... total dmg, absorb, shield etc... heals Done, select, oh **** this sorc healer is not using his static barrier at all?... adjust...

Let me put it in other words, if you want to make the BEST parser, this is good, better than torparse some points, it just lacks leaderboards + uploads which is 99% of the reason i use torparse, besides that, i think all the raiding community is expecting a parser where you in a group, can see what everyone is doing, from my parser, noo need to uploads, no need to ask.. Tank dmg taken, click, view... tank healing taken, click View.. u got hit by reticle, healer is not using his shield, Op is not using his HoTs... stuff like that, i want to be able to have an easy way to micro manage the raid group to help them improve, or them helping me improve... if u add an easy way to do that like old school MMO Addons, you will be our Heroes....

Hey there,

this was our (Seven Stuck - EU) first raid with Parsec. I can give u in about 1-2 IDs a way more feedback.

On the first look, great parse. It looks great and Shield-Counter :D YaaaaY

But, i think Parsec update a lil bit to slowly (infight).

PARSEC is moving it's raid service to a new host!

After seeing the explosion in usage, bandwidth (and then service crashes) I have decided to move to a new hosting company for the Raid Service. The old hosting provider was very basic and did not have the service levels that I think PARSEC needs. This new provider offers unlimited bandwidth and SQL server access for less than the old provider. Which means that new and exciting raid features will be coming soon !

Edit: The move has been made! I was excited to get the move done so I went ahead and did it today.

Edited by Docmal

PARSEC is moving it's raid service to a new host!

After seeing the explosion in usage, bandwidth (and then service crashes) I have decided to move to a new hosting company for the Raid Service. The old hosting provider was very basic and did not have the service levels that I think PARSEC needs. This new provider offers unlimited bandwidth and SQL server access for less than the old provider. Which means that new and exciting raid features will be coming soon !

Edit: The move has been made! I was excited to get the move done so I went ahead and did it today.

Thanks! Keep up the good work ;)