Synthweaving vs Armormech

jarosujo

As a Jedi Guardian, if I want my crew member to build a heavy armor for me, should I go for Synthweaving or Armormech ? It says SW is for Force users, but it looks to me it produces only lighter armor types, but Jedi Guardian is tank wearing heavy armor right ?

One more question: I will have 5 crew members - each of them can have different skills ? For example there are 6 available crafting skills and each crew member can have 1 - so at the end there will be just 1 skill I wont have ?

Thanx.

You can make heavy armor for force users with synthweaving.

You can only have 3 crew skills, 2 gathering skills and 1 crafting skill.

You can have 3 crew skills, the only restriction being that only ONE can be crafting.

To the OP, you want synthweaving. Armortech wont make the best type of armor for you. Synthweaving does indeed make heavy armor.

Synthweaving is alright for Heavy and Medium armour but seems to be missing schematics for light. There are big gaps in the light armour craftable via synth. So long as you don't expect to gear out your consular, you'll be golden.

It's the same with artificing, no tanking consular offhands apart from rare schematic drops while the knight tanking items are dutifully available for every 2 levels. . .