Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

Just so you know, those super large PvP fights in Wildstar are 40v40 Warplots, and are designed for Guild v Guild fighting. AKA super large premades.

It does appear that Wildstar will have an engine that supports large scale owPvP tho, so who knows what goes on with that.

But you I am willing to bet a large chunk of credits that you will still be able to queue for PvP in a group.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am usually the pvp-guy, having played pvp in most of my mmo's so far.

Here, I am quit new to pvp, I leveled a smuggler to 30 with it. To summarize my knowledge:

A game starts, lets say Alderaan. Usually I try to get to the center in the first run, and there will be the decision if our team has a chance or not.

Either you encounter a premade and you have a premade on your team: It's their job fighting each other, since i can't react as quickly to ensure my damage is in line to their focus fire or to help their healer in need - I can't hear their teamspeak.

Or you encounter a premade and you get whiped out within 10 seconds. On the german non-pvp-server as republic player this seems to be the case in 95% of the fights.

In my first games I tried to achieve mission goals, attacking via the flanks or helping out my team comrades. It took me around 20 games of getting slaughtered to figure out that only 30% of my team is still attacking, while the rest is having a sit-in at our lonely cannon.

Today I also sit there. The defense points gained by this behavior is enough to make a reasonable payout, you even get some kills because enemy solo-players will run into our defense. But the main reason: You don't feed their groups damage and healing-points and stop gettin frustrated because you get slaughtered without even a chance to fight back (perma-stunned and killed one by one).

PvP is just a nice way to get some additional xp. Start it, sit in a nice and cosy spot, watch the rage going on and laugh about those who try to win against those groups, afterwards crying in these threads about how unfair it is.

Hey, that is the game. Just adapt. If you don't stand a chance, you don't fight them by running into their squad.

Every 10 or 20 games you have the better premade on your own side, statistically you will win it. Thats the rare case to hone your skills, help your healer or break through and spike the enemy-one, defend tactical areas on the map, get into a homerun-position on huttbal and grab the pass. You will know this games right from the start, the first clash, so don't worry about missing those opportunities.

For the rest of the games: Don't loose your head, don't lemming train them, don't feed the premades.

If you would ask my opinion about pvp in SWTOR? There is no PvP on my server on republic side on the lower tiers. There is just an orchestrated slaughter, and more and more players deny it by stopping to participate in the fighting.

Edited by Shakagra

In random matches where I que solo I have beaten premades ( one time made me laugh so much, they had twice as many medals yet we scored through huttball, sad part is most of the group have 25k hp or less and the good geared guys quit early, leaving only me with my conqueror with a bunch of guys who made up for their gear with skill). Point is premades can be taken out, not a big deal, and I don't know why everyone treats a match they are losing in as if the other team is a premade. Seriously almost every match we are losing in someone says its a premade even though we got more medals and they are not so coordinated.

Seeing how very few people have played the game so far, and a large part of their content has yet to even be added to the game, I think it looks boring to everyone. Unfinished products tend to be less appealing.

and games in this day and age are rarely released as "finished products" even when they do go live. wish it were realistic to change this by not paying for/playing products that aren't really ready, but the ever present desire for the next new thing gets the best of us. imagine selling a car or a TV or something with the same kind of "work-in-progress" mentality that VGs are? oye!

edit: I think blu ray discs actually adopted this approach to some extent. the BD standards were/are not set when BDs were released. it's an ever changing standard requiring updates, etc. really a bs business model imo.

Edited by foxmob

"What do you mean me and my three friends in the best gear possible with headsets for instant communication and chain CC is ruining the game for people without any of those things? Get good."

That's what half of you fools sound like.

I've solo qued on BC for weeks in partially optimized partisan with a conq gun and bad relics. on a number of occasions i've done more damage than the entire rest of my team combined. Is that the fault of premades or the fault of the skill level of the people on my team?

Edit: and that more damage than the entire rest of the team combined is sub 500k

Edited by Raazmir

"What do you mean me and my three friends in the best gear possible with headsets for instant communication and chain CC is ruining the game for people without any of those things? Get good."

That's what half of you fools sound like.

1. The best gear possible has no effect or correlation with players being grouped.

2. Instant communication is arguable, though chat messages are technically just as instant as voice (if not moreso). The problem is the BAD of people not caring.

3. Chain CC is easy to do if you have a brain. Someone just broke out of a CC? Re-CC them. If you cannot figure this out you don't deserve to play an MMO. Again, the problem is with the BAD.

Edited by Zunayson

Less and less people are pvp'ing now, sometimes it takes 45-60 mins for a pop to happen.... I've noticed a trend on certain servers you get a few PvP guilds that do nothing but make up 4 man premades and ruin all the fun for people who just want jump into a quick warzone... What happens is you can go against a fully geared out premade who's on vent/mumble/team speak and they pretty much just own everyone...

Bioware you need to add a PUG only warzone option, this will level the playing field more and allow people to just have fun.... If not, less and less people are going to pvp due to frustration with the situation..

Yeah! premades and certain republic guilds that all they know how to do is run 5 and 6 man premade teams against a pug group, eat a donkey dong you basterds

and games in this day and age are rarely released as "finished products" even when they do go live. wish it were realistic to change this by not paying for/playing products that aren't really ready, but the ever present desire for the next new thing gets the best of us. imagine selling a car or a TV or something with the same kind of "work-in-progress" mentality that VGs are? oye!

edit: I think blu ray discs actually adopted this approach to some extent. the BD standards were/are not set when BDs were released. it's an ever changing standard requiring updates, etc. really a bs business model imo.

Well if youre playing an MMO you should already know the game is going to always be in development (new content, bug fixes, etc). Carbine (Wildstar's devs) seems to have a very old school approach to the game, which could be a good change of pace. Its too early to call Wildstar one way or the other IMO, very little is known about it overall. It looks to have a solid foundation and a lot of potential tho, it will be interesting to see what their devs to with that.

1. The best gear possible has no effect or correlation with players being grouped.

2. Instant communication is arguable, though chat messages are technically just as instant as voice (if not moreso). The problem is the BAD of people not caring.

3. Chain CC is easy to do if you have a brain. Someone just broke out of a CC? Re-CC them. If you cannot figure this out you don't deserve to play an MMO. Again, the problem is with the BAD.

exactly. if you cannot drop your mouse and write your teammates, that the scoundrel behind the rock just dropped out of cc while spiking a level 50 trooper through his dedicated healer with your uber-level30-smuggler-skillset you really should consider to stop playing online games. i mean, cmon you are just BAD. it does absolutely not matter that they are a team, and playing in a team for month'. just get it, if you are not better than 4 guys with a lot of experience in working as a team, then you are just too BAD for any kind of MMO.

for your intriguing little world inside your mind: wouldn't it be even more satisfying for showing of an e-peen if you win against players with the same abilities, on the same circumstances, just because you are better? every! group of 4 players will loose against an equally skilled group of 4 teamplayers. there is not even a challenge.

sometimes i think you guys here don't get the full picture of the problem. in a random match, your winning chances are 50%. the current winrate on republic side on my server is below 20% out of my ~200 games. even if i would be "the problem" - the winrate should be around 35-40%. premades on the enemy side cut this rate almost by half. thats everything but fighting player versus player.

edit: games like these:

http://imageshack.us/a/img853/6025/7yxl.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/3262/3e6b.jpg

Edited by Shakagra

And sometimes I think the people railing against premades don't get that less than 200k damage in a wz for a dps at 55 isn't good enough, and is a larger contributing factor to a loss than premades.

where was anything said about level 55 endgame pvp or damage?

and dont you think, that in a random game those "subperformers" should be - in the long run - equally distributed along every team, giving you a winrate only dependend on your skill?

and why in gods name does no single freacking mmo offers a 50% premade quote in random games? highest is wot with 3/15=20%. and even this 20% ensures platooning players a measurable winrate-boost. haven't yet talked about skill, just about teaming up.

and why would it be so terribad if ranked matches would be premades and the random game totally random? tell me just ONE reason? group players can play, solo players can play, no more qq, no more "whuaa, bad bad premades", no more "whuaa, bad bad pugs"...

Edited by Shakagra

Define what constitutes a premade to you?

Assuming for the sake of argument you're completely right and premades are just blatantly unfair to the poor solo que players.

Would it be fair for me and an off comp friend to be shoved into the "premades only" que? Is it appropriate to require people to solo que for normal comms and partisan gear lest they be thrown directly into ranked with 1200 expertise? When the players who cannot pull over 200k damage continue to lose games what will be the next step to make things "fair" for them?

My standards are so high that I might as well pug. It's not like I'm going to find anyone even remotely on par with my level to group with anyway. I rather get annoyed by some stranger.

Premades are the only ones stopping me from killing everyone, including my own team mates, and they do it by bringing their heal stacked teams. It takes five healers just to slow me down. And once I've transfered from this RP-PvE server you'll all know my name, Denise.

Pretty sure that most people on the server have added me to their friends lists just to be able to keep track of my next move.

Edited by MidichIorian

To me, it would be more fair if my skills, my gear and my tactical awareness defines if I deliver a good or a bad game. It would be fair if I could improve by playing PvP, learning what class of enemies are priority in a given situation, improve by adapting my play-style and yes, even improve by getting better gear. Fair is when I get kicked my *** around by a better player and have the chance to learn from my fails in this situations.

What is unfair in my opinion is that I get whiped with the rest of my team, having the feeling that all my efforts are for naught. Unfair is when I see that my team gets focused by the same four enemies one after another while in a real random there would always be a spread of damage and some kind of chaotic situation. Unfair is when I get killed not because I am bad, but because they can force a micro-4vs1 upon me until I am dead and then switch to the next prey. When there is just nothing left to do but to accept that they will just kill you within 3-6 seconds if you are a threat to them.

And demotivating is when you stop after 10 games and got the feeling that these games feel like rigged, like that you don't have the same chance, that your skills and gear and combat awareness are completely irrelevant. That your teammates are leaving the game or standing around idle because they got the same feeling. That the only thing you can do is to give up and hope for the game when there is no premade group with the enemy team.

Maybe it gets better once I reach level 50+. Maybe it is better on other servers, perhaps somewhere else there are premade groups on republic side, balancing somewhat the pvp-clans on imperial side. Maybe maybe maybe. Right now I just can say that there are mmo's that offer a form of PvP where skills matter, here I just see groups of 4 players with a lot of experience slaughtering complete random groups of sub-50-beginners.

Edited by Shakagra

Offer this protip, pick one dude you know to be competent at picking dps targets, before a match with puggies starts tell everyone to hit alt+F. This will set a focus target. Then tell them to hit ctrl+F whenever they are trying to pick someone to fight. That will change their target to the focus targets target.

Voila! You have focus fire without voiceover.