Neither the Republic or Emprie are Good or Bad

Damioc

LOL YES I KNOW I MIS SPELLED EMPIRE.. typing fast and grammar trouble dont go hand and hand...

I'm having this debate on a debating website called DDO. (Debate Dot Org.... Don't ask me the idiot that put the dot in there)

Anyways I think I have a good case built up on the subject. (I'm pro) But its good to be prepared for ANYTHING..

So Id like your thoughts websites that support (Or even don't support) My case and points to use as backup.

Here is the link of the Debate: http://www.debate.org/debates/In-Star-Wars-Neither-the-Republic-or-the-Empire-are-Good-or-Bad/1/

LOL YES I KNOW I MIS SPELLED EMPIRE.. typing fast and grammar trouble dont go hand and hand...

Edited by Damioc

I'm having this debate on a debating website called DDO. (Debate Dot Org.... Don't ask me the idiot that put the dot in there)

Anyways I think I have a good case built up on the subject. (I'm pro) But its good to be prepared for ANYTHING..

So Id like your thoughts websites that support (Or even don't support) My case and points to use as backup.

Here is the link of the Debate: http://www.debate.org/debates/In-Star-Wars-Neither-the-Republic-or-the-Empire-are-Good-or-Bad/1/

Every side has its heros and villains.

the empire and the republic are both political organizations and military force's, they can't be classed as good or evil. ppl within them could be classed as good or evil. but you get good an bad ppl everywhere.

ppl might not like the empires political stance the dictator ruler. (who is sith and yes the sith are evil.) but the administration used to run his empire isn't in itself evil. some of the empires laws are evil laws, like the slavery law's but there is no reason why the next ruler of the empire couldn't just stop them. in general the empire is run in a way that keeps its citizens safe, prosperous and for the most part happy. it has its poor, unhappy ppl, but what society doesn't?

the republic is just a different way of ruling and perhaps one which we are more familiar with, the senate. its easy to identify with the republic and the way they are voted in or out. and the way the republic citizens have more freedom over their rulers. and maybe this way of rule is the better way, or maybe this way introduces too much red tape and the really important stuff never gets done, looking at todays modern governments you would have to say the republic model is a very good one. but if you look at the past, just look at rome

(i'm no politician) and i wouldn't try to work out which way is best, but what i am sure of is neither is good or evil. but if you are an evil person its easier to run thing from an empire than a republic. and as for the military these are just ppl doing there job and good or evil doesn't come into it

recap,

republic/empire neither good or evil.

sith evil

*edit* to be clear my point about rome, was that it was both an empire and a republic but it still fell. and when it comes to running a society there are many complicated factors to consider, such as law/s, trade/capitalism, civil rights, balancing an economy, and who knows what else. and i have no idea which is the best way to rule a society but i don't think either way is good or evil

Edited by grandmthethird