Sneaky Patch Notes Added

TrixxieTriss

Hey folks!

I want to confirm that there were patch notes which were missed when we initially posted them. Tait and I are looking into how this happened. We have already added in any missing notes which we have caught up to this point. Before the end of the day today we will make sure to post a follow-up and list all of the notes we have added.

As for your question of the Bolster changes in Warzones, I am talking with the team today to get more information.

-eric

Why do you constantly have to check back with your team because you're unaware? You do this constantly and then never follow up. You have the same work ethic as a low level IT guy that wonders why he is never considered for a management job. All talk and no follow-up...

Also, why did you not mention anything about nerfing CXP in war zones?

All this ************ and moaning and hatred over the CXP grind and you all respond by nerfing CXP gain.

Seriously, **** off.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

We have tracked down a number of notes that were missing. They have been added to the notes, but they are listed below so you don't have to hunt them down:

• Arenas that popup in the regular Warzone queue now reward less CXP than a Warzone.
  • Matches that last less than 2 minutes no longer reward CXP.
  • It is no longer possible to change Shae Vizla's armor.
  • Curative Agent and Sly Surrender no longer provide more healing than intended.
  • Cosmetic gear gained through Galactic Command can now be sold on the Galactic Trade Network.
  • Warzone Bolster now improves players up to 232 Item Rating (down from 250).

-Tait

Hey folks,

We have tracked down a number of notes that were missing. They have been added to the notes, but they are listed below so you don't have to hunt them down:

• Arenas that popup in the regular Warzone queue now reward less CXP than a Warzone.
  • Curative Agent and Sly Surrender no longer provide more healing than intended.
  • Cosmetic gear gained through Galactic Command can now be sold on the Galactic Trade Network.

-Tait

Hmmm... it just so happened that most of the changes that people are complaining about were missing from the notes. Interesting.

Edited by Kawiki

Since you cannot select which WZ you want to play, the arena nerf is bull. The bolster nerf is crap. I'm not great at pvp and now with the bolster nerf and operative healing nerf, I'll be taking a break from it and GC. Not to mention how long it would take me to get Unassembled pieces if we lose a lot. But that's probably your intention. Blah. I really want to support you all but seriously? I'm done with end game content so hopefully you wow me on the stream.

Hey folks,

-Tait

Is there going to be any justification given for some of those changes?

Namely Shae Vizla nerf, arena CXP reduction and bolster being reduced?

I mean we all know why with the later - Ben wants us to grind and thus pay more and those changes completely support encouraging that concept but it would be nice to hear what crazy excuse he's going to come up with at the stream this time. The Shae nerf? Why? Not that I care but it seems insane to purposely make a nerf that gives BWA no benefit at all but angers it's community.

"Thrill of the hunt" was gold as was "we are gamers too" - anyone taking wagers for what the next excuse will be?

Still no mention of the nerf to Shadow/Assassin utility Intangible Spirit /Formless Phantom. It used to reduce damage while stunned by 30% and AOE damage by 30%. Now just while stunned. Horrible for tanks, and there's nothing anywhere covering it...So long as we're on the changing things that aren't in the patch notes rant :D

Hey folks,

-Tait

While you are at it, what about the changes to the PvP deco items and vendor... All old items I have still have the Valor requirement, there are no new items on that vendor, and the old ones have not been removed from the vendor.... All in the patch notes

All items that existed prior to the 5.0 Valor restrictions have had their valor requirements removed. New items were created with valor ranks and placed on the PvP vendors, and the previous items are no longer available.

It is no longer possible to change Shae Vizla's armor.

First of all, why? What is wrong with being able to dress Shae up? I mean, you changed this on her, but Master Ranos is still customizable (yet her gear can only be worn by her, which is annoying). Or are you saying Ranos is different because she was a DvL reward?

Second, could you PLEASE forward it to the devs to add a voice modification to her two helmet-wearing customizations then? Because it irks me when a character in this game speaks with an unmodified voice while they wear a full helmet that obstructs their face.

hey folks,

we have tracked down a number of notes that were missing. They have been added to the notes, but they are listed below so you don't have to hunt them down:

• arenas that popup in the regular warzone queue now reward less cxp than a warzone.
  • matches that last less than 2 minutes no longer reward cxp.
  • it is no longer possible to change shae vizla's armor.
  • curative agent and sly surrender no longer provide more healing than intended.
  • cosmetic gear gained through galactic command can now be sold on the galactic trade network.
  • warzone bolster now improves players up to 232 item rating (down from 250).

-tait

ok lets farm ancient hypergates for 30 minutes so we can enjoy the thrill of the hunt while getting those exciting commander xp

1-0 never ending hutballs

forever non planting voidstars

and lets dodge arenas

cuz it's exciting !!!!!

I can understand arenas giving lower CXP, they take a fraction of the time to do. How much are they down from before? I don't get why we can't customize all companions; they're all the same but with different flavor. Edited by Lionflash

Hey folks,

• Arenas that popup in the regular Warzone queue now reward SAME CXP as a Warzone (since queue is random).
  • Matches that last less than 2 minutes CONTINUE TO reward CXP (since players can't control this).
  • It REMAINS possible to change Shae Vizla's armor (since this "bug" is well liked by players).
  • Warzone Bolster now improves players up to 250 Item Rating (b/c PvP is about skill, not gear).

-Tait

Fixed it for ya. I mean of all things to spend time on, this? smh

It's been suggested before, but its really the simplest AND best solution - why? because there's all this hostility and strife about one way of obtaining gear being favored over the other. when players should be in unison because the bottom line is: None of the different playerbases are getting gear fast enough. The RNG could be removed entirely (also removing much, if not all of the need for the changes in 5.1) and set gear would drop every so many levels. -or- The amount of CXP earned needs to be drastically increased from all sources.

The numbers should all be at least doubled or tripled to start. I think the amount of components for wins and losses could stay the same, but have players also get components based on individual success. e.g. 5 for a win and 2 for a loss is lousy, especially if your always losing. 10 and 7 wouldn't seem as bad even though the difference is the same. And the rate of unassembled gear from operations would have to match.

Every expansion comes with a gear grind, but it honestly seems like this time it was calibered for one or two characters per player; which is ridiculous for this alt-friendly game. The average time to reach top gear level should be a month at the longest. So that people with limited playing-time can get gear in a reasonable time without seeing an unconquerable mountain in front of them; and people who like to play multiple classes competitively can do so. If the purpose of GC is for ANYONE to be able to get top gear than it needs to be realistically possible, not just theoretically possible.

To paraphrase Deming: Gear is not a motivator. When the path to getting better gear is deemed unfair then it becomes a demotivator.

This is so true - and yet - somehow completely lost on the devs. Contrast it to, "The thrill of the hunt™"

Hey folks,

-Tait

You still forgot Double Stance Bug fix. Does this mean you fixed it accidentally?

What about 30% AoE damage reduction nerf for Sins?

Or the 5% nerf to PTs Kolto Overload?

You Guys never cease to amaze me.

Hey folks,

-Tait

No more questions why You "forgot" to add these patch notes.

Many players won't even patch client if they just know that before :rolleyes:

Next update You forget mention that all CXP gain is lower by 50%, all CC packs cost 25% more.

Edited by tummiswtor

Fixed it for ya. I mean of all things to spend time on, this? smh

I seriously want answers to why due to the reasons that this poster made in Tait's quote. If you want me as a sub, then address it. Why punish players who aren't spending 99999999999 hrs to grind your gearing system? Why punish us for crappy random WZ. It'll just make people quit at the start. Imma not bother with that stupid quesh huttball anymore. 15 mins for a lovely 2 unassembled pieces (always seem to lose this one) so I want the ability to select the WZ of my choice then.

Edited by americanaussie

We were well informed in advance over the Shae Vizla customization "nerf". The fact we cannot customize main story companions maybe out of Bioware's hands, and more a Lucafilm directive.

5.0's pvp was outrageously out of balance. For my main Shadoowlands Juggernaut, I made a mistake overwriting my 208 PvP gear with newer dropped blue 230s and GTN-purchased 228s and suffered for it.

Fortunately my other characters had their full set of 4.0's 208 pvp gear, upgraded with 228 augments, and 230 earpieces, implants, relcis, weapons and offhands. I performed well with those.

There are more important 5.* related issues than alliance customization and 5.0's unbalanced pvp bolster.

Namely the new 5.1 ponzi tier token system, command crate's contents or lack there of (purple gear), and the CXP system itself (higher the level, more CXP needed to reach next level).

Edited by jimmorrisson

I am a little confused after seven pages over the outrage. Is the concern that pve players have had six-seven weeks to earn higher tiers of gear and are now suddenly significantly better than people who have been pvp'ing all this time? PVE players got better geared in the same six-seven weeks that PVP players had even though PVP awarded more CXP? PVE players got granted more command tokens retroactively and so they could buy more gear pieces? I just don't understand. Is a PVE-naive player in 242 gear that much more effective than an experienced pvp'er bolstered to 230?

I am a little confused after seven pages over the outrage. Is the concern that pve players have had six-seven weeks to earn higher tiers of gear and are now suddenly significantly better than people who have been pvp'ing all this time? PVE players got better geared in the same six-seven weeks that PVP players had even though PVP awarded more CXP? PVE players got granted more command tokens retroactively and so they could buy more gear pieces? I just don't understand. Is a PVE-naive player in 242 gear that much more effective than an experienced pvp'er bolstered to 230?

yup, you are a little confused

Keep in mind it's because they exploited and got away with it.... BW made empty threats as usual when it comes to cheating..

I know that when I que solo reg and get arena I quit. Why? Because Im not trying to play am arena and I cant afford to waste one second not getting the most components possible. Thats is, if I want to get 242 before I die. Sorry to those people who I quit on. Im not playing a ranked match and getting less points just because I qued unranked.

Hey folks,

-Tait

but what about wzs giving less command xp then before 5.1, its not just arenas that are giving less, so are regular wzs or at least i have been getting less then before

Edited by LadyHF

Hey folks,

-Tait

Please explain the bolster nerf? Before 5.0 pvp gear was 204 and 208, not much difference which then still came down to min/max gear and skill. Now with the bolster nerf set to 232 anyone above that has a hug advantage in pvp matches. A 242 person can easily melt someone that is using bolster. It has nothing to do with skill now. The person that is using bolster can easily be skilled but that doesn't matter now. Ran into it a lot last night running into premades that are 242 and they just melted whole teams in no time. Didn't matter if used DCD or had heals or not.

Hey folks,

-Tait

Can you update the jawa junk jawas while your at it?