Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

I have played on Harbringer for 2 years now. I was forced to server transfer off of POT5 (PVP) server because it became a ghost town. 30 minute que times during peak time. After peak time (mornings and late evenings) no que pops at all.

At the time I had a choice. Goto a populated server with que pops and leave my current server. At the time and still is the most populated server TheHarbringer was really the best choice.

The past 3 to 4 weeks on Harbringer has been the longest que waits in the 2 years I have been playing here. And in the past month has been getting slower each week. I play everyday at the same times so I have my finger on the pulse of Harbringer and know it well.

TLDR: Harbringer is heading down the same road as POT5 and has an eroding population. Only difference is this time for me is that when Harbringer dies off (and it is rapidly heading that way) there is no "GO TO" server like there was in the past. Harbinger dies, where do people run to? As I see it, there is nowhere to run anymore. We have reached the end of the rope.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny that people keep mentioning The Division as this game that's going to pull players away from SWTOR, and so on... when from everything I've read elsewhere, that game was just as outrageously buggy at launch as SWTOR has ever been.

Its excuses, coz Division, coz WOW new expansion, coz B&S, coz BDO, coz TESO new expansion, coz GW2 release and so on, so on.

Edited by helpmewin

TOFN slowly turns into POT5. But there was a times when TOFN was the most popular server and we've got insta pops almost 24/7.

If they would have put in server to server que system in this game, I would have never left POT5 and would still be there playing. Regardless of why they don't have that system (wrong engine etc etc) it has wrecked this game since launch and will probably be the demise of this game at the end. Amazing they would launch a que based game without a server to server system built in.

If they would have put in server to server que system in this game, I would have never left POT5 and would still be there playing. Regardless of why they don't have that system (wrong engine etc etc) it has wrecked this game since launch and will probably be the demise of this game at the end. Amazing they would launch a que based game without a server to server system built in.

If my server will be dead i will quit this game, i just don't want to transfer, coz its change nothing IMO. ATM we already have 10-15 pops in peak time.

Just give it a month assuming they aren't going to delay the new warzones, as a new interest will arrive in it and old players will be returning. Until then I wish you luck on the queue times and not getting pubstomped.

I have been on Harbringer for 2 years and play everyday. I've been here before and after new releases and all that jazz. It has never been this slow at any time prior to now. That's my point. Waiting for another warzone and another chapter has ran its course. The server is headed towards life support and your talking about a new warzone?

Let me enlighten you a little. I have been thru 3 server mergers. I ended up on POT5 when TheFatman was dissolved. There is nothing new here for me. The same things that lead up to my old server dissolving are happening here. Its no rocket science. The server is dying off in the same fashion as the other 3 I played on.

Your response is of no consequence. I don't say that to be rude, but what you just said is meaningless to the post.

Harbringer is heading down the same road as POT5 and has an eroding population.

That's the story on every server my man. Peeps just aren't logging into the game like they used to. The Fallen Empire content that most can't even play isn't bringing peeps back either. The recent Fallen Empire xpac has fallen on its face and having no real endgame for PvE, like a new Operation, is really killing that side of SWTOR.

The 4.3 Update may possibly breathe some new life into the PvP-side with its new WZ and new Arena map. However, without an announced Ranked Season I don't see how a Solo-Q only option WZ is going to keep players interested for long. I mean, this is an MMO. PvPers want to compete in matches that matter and play with their friends. The new changes incoming don't accomplish either of those things.

That's the story on every server my man. Peeps just aren't logging into the game like they used to. The Fallen Empire content that most can't even play isn't bringing peeps back either. The recent Fallen Empire xpac has fallen on its face and having no real endgame for PvE, like a new Operation, is really killing that side of SWTOR.

The 4.3 Update may possibly breathe some new life into the PvP-side with its new WZ and new Arena map. However, without an announced Ranked Season I don't see how a Solo-Q only option WZ is going to keep players interested for long. I mean, this is an MMO. PvPers want to compete in matches that matter and play with their friends. The new changes incoming don't accomplish either of those things.

Exactly! And without balance being addressed in 4.3, I really don't care what they do...the same 3 classes will continue to dominate.

Everyones playing The Division right now, its actually rather insane just how many people I know that are seriously hooked on that game...
^^^This right here^^^ Everyone I know on here is doing that so no wonder your ques are long :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm on The Progenitor server and its bare on most planets, queuing for anything is painful.

Its safe to say Bioware have sold out to EA.

This is no longer a MMO and is aimed at milking random players who come and go, in and out of the game spending money on cartel market rubbish with out realizing their doing it.

I'm sure players that have been in game for a short time will be scratching their heads wondering whats the problem.

This had the potential to be a great MMO but somewhere along the line the money men got greedy and changed the agenda.

We're left with a shadow of it's former self star wars game which is aimed at trying to get people that wouldn't play a mmo to come online spend some money then leave then the next person comes on and so on.

The result is quiet servers and angry MMO players (who will eventually leave)

lol - New war zone won't bring back that many players. Specially with Sorc's running amock and just being overly OP, it will just refresh to those returning players minds why they left the PvP in this game in the first place.

Nerf sorc

Absolutely true DJ!

Absolutely true DJ!

I saw this without seeing the name of the person you were quoting and got confused for a minute. Totally wrecked my train of thought while I was coming in here to be like 'yeah this game is totally dying just like the last eight years people said it was' yada yada.