Pugging Story Mode EV

Kinda useful to have some offtank for when soa mindtraps main tank, or for possible o**** moments, but then again if its a pug its always a gamble. Definitely not necesary, extra dps can help more if you take undergeared people more than having an offtank.

Hi

U might be able to do it with 1 but there r couple of places where second tank comes handy for example :

1. at the begining each tank takes 1 turret

2 ancient pylon puzzle splits u in two groups of 4

3. SoA fight can send random people flying or trap them, so if that random is ur tank that might be fatal

2nd Tank is entirely optional. I have cleared hardmode EV with a single tank. A heavy armor class can deal with the turrets, you don't really need a tank for the pylons (just keep stunning/knockback on the Acklay), and Soa doesn't hit dps/heals much harder than he does the tank.

It depends on your group make up.

I would always try to take as a prefered choice

1 x Tank

2 x Healers

5 x DPS

However I would prefer at least one of the five DPS to be a heavy, and even better a heavy with a taunt (just in case).

If your 5 DPS are pyjama wearers not the best but if they are a mix of DPS classes you will be fine not taking a second dedicated tank.

Greetings Everyone,

I will be organizing an EV Pug tonight and I was wondering what sort of composition I should aim for. Is it necessary to have 2 tanks?

Despite what many others are saying here, it's fairly obvious that the zone was designed with two tanks in mind, and for a true PUG raid, it will make things far easier for you.

Two tanks aren't necessary at all.

Only part of EV where two tanks would be nice is the first two turrets. Other than that it is useful to have a DPS with a taunt such as a Guardian/Jug.

Make sure you know the strats and can explain them if you are hosting this :], and good luck!

Hi

U might be able to do it with 1 but there r couple of places where second tank comes handy for example :

1. at the begining each tank takes 1 turret

2 ancient pylon puzzle splits u in two groups of 4

3. SoA fight can send random people flying or trap them, so if that random is ur tank that might be fatal

1. Usually easier just to have a ranged dps in place of a second tank. Tanks either have a hard time doing anything other than taunting the turret, or run into LOS issues if they leap to it.

2. Tank isn't even needed. Might make fighting an Acklay slightly easier but since you can just stun lock them doesn't really matter.

3. Just need someone with a taunt. All of SOA's damage is internal/elemental so it bypasses all armor, and shielding anyway.