Skill delays and random lights - new bugs or what?

Skolops

Hey guys, I recently (as in, tonight) resubbed after being away for a few months. As I recall, I was on patch 1.3.x before taking time off.

In returning tonight, I've found two annoyances. First, certain skills seem to activate fairly inconsistently - notably, Vital Shot. Another Gunslinger in one of the WZs I was in told me it was a server problem from the past day or two, but I wanted to ask if others had experienced this problem.

The second item is that skills which fire blaster beams are producing a secondary beam of light firing off at various angles from the real shot. I can very reliably produce the effect with Sweeping Gunfire. Here is an example: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/Lazerlike42/Screenshot_2012-11-12_05_04_03_629411.jpg

I am really just looking to see if any other Gunslingers out there are experiencing this as well, or if these are known bugs, or if it's just me (and so it may be a graphics driver issue or something). I did try poking around the forums to see if I could discover anything, but no luck.

Edited by Skolops

In the screenshot what you are seeing is Guss deflecting your shot with JEDI POWER!

:)

In all seriousness, this was introduced in 1.4. From what I understand, they tried to tweak the graphics to better handle SLI configurations but unfortunately it didn't work as expected and now we get these glitches. It also affects Mercenaries.

They are aware of the issue and working to fix it.

It is disconcerting and not something you can get used to (at least I cannot ;)). We just have to wait for a fix. In the meantime, report the issue in game (in a constructive manner). The more visibility it has, the sooner it will be fixed.

• 2 weeks later...