Tired of people not spacebarring

Seriously, not to complain but can't you make it so that we have to option of going into a flashpoint or quest giver without all the useless conversations ive seen a billion times? Whats worse is there is always some noob who "hasnt" seen it, so then i have to twiddle my thumbs until the conversation is over.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, not to complain but can't you make it so that we have to option of going into a flashpoint or quest giver without all the useless conversations ive seen a billion times? Whats worse is there is always some noob who "hasnt" seen it, so then i have to twiddle my thumbs until the conversation is over.

You shouldn't start of with "not to complain" to simply go off and complain.

In any case, why should someone skip content they'd rather not skip just because you want to skip it?

I just had to quit a team in an Esseles run last night because this guy (with this same mentality as the OP) refused to slow down long enough for others to get off the Elevators. It was not an issue with me, but I noticed the rest of the team getting stuck on the previous levels because this guy would not stop leaping in to battle before the rest of the team could use the elevators to join the rest of the party.

I politely asked him, "Can we please wait for the others to use the elevators before attacking the mobs?

His response, "They should keep up"

Instant ignored and quit the team with an apology to the others.

People's lack of patience makes them the true annoying party members. Not the one's who would like to watch the story.

I myself spacebar through the story, but if somebody wants to watch it, then so be it, I kick back and watch it too.

Whilst it can be a tad frustrating if I dont have much game time, I would never expect or demand people to skip if they have for example never done that FP or even if they have done it but just want to watch it. Its their game time as much as mine.

Players should just make it clear before running the FP whether they want to watch or skip, that way everyones expectations are set correctly and players have the option to leave the group if they really dont want to watch all the cut scenes.

Driz

many times its not a person not hitting the space bar,if everyone has the green "accepted" check mark, and it still says waiting on player, someone has a sub par computer, or their isp is having problems, and no amount of people telling everyone that the space bar is their friend is going to make any difference what so ever. so either get some patience, or suffer,those appear to be your only options at the moment

I just had to quit a team in an Esseles run last night because this guy (with this same mentality as the OP) refused to slow down long enough for others to get off the Elevators. It was not an issue with me, but I noticed the rest of the team getting stuck on the previous levels because this guy would not stop leaping in to battle before the rest of the team could use the elevators to join the rest of the party.

I politely asked him, "Can we please wait for the others to use the elevators before attacking the mobs?

People's lack of patience makes them the true annoying party members. Not the one's who would like to watch the story.

I myself spacebar through the story, but if somebody wants to watch it, then so be it, I kick back and watch it too.

Was in a similar situation when i was healing in a FP a couple days ago, the guy wouldn't listen either and kept on going, i just let him die a couple times, he learned his lesson :p

Personally I'm ok with everyone that wants to watch the dialogue options even if I saw it hundreds of times by now. I usually skip only if I win the rolls and what npc's say, If others win the roll I tend to listen to other class dialogues that might be different from what my class would say and to judge their moral decisions cause even when I spacebar i got my preffered answers not only 1, 1, 1, ds gain. Tho it saddens me deeply when I see a goodie wins a roll, but oh well nobody's perfect :rolleyes:

many times its not a person not hitting the space bar,if everyone has the green "accepted" check mark, and it still says waiting on player, someone has a sub par computer, or their isp is having problems, and no amount of people telling everyone that the space bar is their friend is going to make any difference what so ever. so either get some patience, or suffer,those appear to be your only options at the moment

I notice this while duel boxing my slave computer is at bare bones Minamum reqs so when I space bar the main pc my slave pc is still loading the convo so in fact it does play a part on what some might consider not spacebaring. But in the whole scheme of things OP, man chill out and relax get off the high horse. Just need to have some patients.

Edited by ckjawa

You already have such an option. It's called "/1 LFM for daily hm, skipping cutscenes".

The "me" attitude, in a nutshell. A complete lack of anything beyond what "I want" right now.

A definitive portrait of what our society has become, and what we are teaching our children.

I heard someone on Fleet going on about those selfish players that dont space bar and ill say to you what I said to him

UNLESS you have formed the team by advertising it as a speed run (IE: NOT using group finder as no such option exists in group finder), you really have no leg to stanb on as its their time as well and if they want to watch the cut screens in a flashpoint, so be it.

People do NOT need to conform to your rule set for everyone else.

Now if you created group by advertising in general speed run.

Ignore everything I said.

But im willing to bet you did use Group Finder and just tried to dictate the terms after the fact when group was already formed.

Personally I dont see the big deal, so they watch a flashpoint. You can still space bar and not watch it play out if its that important to you. At worse you waiting what? A extra minute or 2 tops for all the different cutscreens to play out. 2 minutes isnt going to make or break you.

The "me" attitude, in a nutshell. A complete lack of anything beyond what "I want" right now.

A definitive portrait of what our society has become, and what we are teaching our children.

The very definition of Sociopaths. Nothing in the world matters but what they want.

I've been playing since the last few Beta weekends and almost all of early access and for the first time last weekend I encountered an insufferable jerk on this very issue. Most of the time, when doing a flashpoint, it's very simple to say "Hey guys, I've never done this so I'd like to watch the cutscenes." This time, however, the dude went nuts on me and the other two players voted to boot him, apologizing.

They more than made up for his antics, but boy what a spoiler that guy was.

then dont spacebar :p

Well done!

Well done!

I have run into this mentality a few times now

Worst one was a guildy (at the time, no longer) would not stop and heal after fights and would run off into next fight. I was playing my sage healer and asked for him to slow down and heal up between fights please.

He told my it was my only job to keep him healed and thats only reason I was there

Strangly enough he died next encounter and after that (with out a word being said) he would stop and heal for a second or 2 after combats!

Also ran into this mememememe mentality in CTS

Again was on as my sage and said /1 healer lfg or partner for CTS (I routinely 2 man CTS with this character)

Got a responce by a tank and a DPS so added them both and they wanted me to use my DPS companion.

OK, I usually use Qyzen as hes got 21k health and a taunt to control fights but since we had a tank player all should be good!

Well we wipe first pull because tank is not taunting so nadia (DPS companion) and I have all the argo and die.

So I pull out Qyzen and say "I need him to taunt so im open to heal everyone"

Well these two terrified im breaking the holy trinity of 2 dpser, tank, healer start going off on me and finally just had enough and pulled the first fight figuring seeing for themselves would be better then anything I could say. We handle first fight fine with not even a close call.

So all is good right?

Nope they still demanding Nadia.

I move to second floor and now one calling me a troll for insulting her tank ability by using a tank companion (in hindsite I guess I kinda was but she didn't taunt and we wiped because of it. A level 50 Vanguard shouldn't have to be told to taunt in a group, it should be standard practice) then other one summons her MUCH WEAKER dps (was in under 50 gear) companion to over ride and remove mine!

Having no desire to fight with these 2 mental cases I just quit group and left not wanting to fight with them and their overly strict group design ideals that everyone else must follow.

And suddenly these two start filling Black Hole with " *name* is a terrible healer and dont group him and blah blah blah"

Got anouther partner in a couple minutes and we two maned CTS with no drama, no near calls, no wipes, no problem!

As I left BH that night those 2 were still screaming about me and asking for a healer to join them.

They both hit ignore after that

Sad truth of matter is some people really think you are there for THEM ONLY and to play THEIR WAY ONLY

I'm tired of people like you demanding other people meet your exact expectations. In fact, I'm tired of players demanding other player skip the story line completely.

If your life is so busy you can't spare 30 seconds to let people watch the story then you shouldn't be playing an MMO.

Everyone should be able to all the content see all the cut scenes, they pay 14.99 a month to, if you have seen the content a billion times, maybe ask before the run starts if there is noobs here if so well leave the group until you find one that wants to do speed runs. Edited by kevlarto

yes coz OPs game experience is more important than any noobs.

i have an idea. why doesn't OP pay for a million subscriptions, then we don't need any new players to pick up the game.

without the noobs the game will die. you say you have already seen all the cut scenes, so why shouldn't a noob get to see them also? stop thinking your enjoyment is more important than other ppls and stop trying to get other ppl to miss out on something you have already seen

Don't you think that is kind of a selfish attitude?