Finding a FP group is near impossible.

I play on Veela which is a medium-populated server. However, I have noticed as of two months ago that finding a group to do any FP (lowbie or HM) at any time (morning to peak times) has become pretty much impossible, especially from Pugging. My guild is in the higher-level ops and many of them just don't log on during the day. Those that do are normally pvping.

I'm more of a pve geared player, and have been both the leader as well as a joiner in pugs. Either the leader will get frustrated and call it, or people will start leaving after it's evident we will not find a healer (in most cases, since I'm a tank). Lately, it seems even some dps don't want to join a group!

I'm convinced we need server mergers and a cross-server LFG system. I have no idea how Veela is considered a medium-pop server when there are less than 150 people in fleet during peak times (oh, and my side has a roughly 2:1 ratio over the other side).

Something really needs to done, because what good is a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER online game if you're stuck doing solo daily quests?

P.S. I hoped this game would be a WoW-killer, I really did (we know now it won't), but recently, I resubscribed to WoW because I can go in there, find a group in a minute or less with their tool, get a goodie bag for tanking, and complete the instance in less than 40 minutes.

I'm in the same boat as thee. Although it's the tank I have trouble finding...since I'm frequently in a healing position. I would normally ask guild mates...but all my guilds so far have ended up quitting the game.

Trying to isolate the problem, there could be any number of reasons why it's difficult to find a tank or a healer. Most ppl prefer dps builds for the sake of pvp. Now, if we had dual spec, a kind Jugg dps could see someone needs help with a flashpoint and quickly swap to his tank build to join them. Maybe this can happen once upon a star in another year or so...with almost all my friends having quit tho, I doubt I'd be willing to wait around that long and afford the game at the same time. -.-

TERA only just launched and it already has a cross-server LFG system for dungeon raids. One that properly takes group composition into account and always inserts both a tank and a healer into a group...If only BW's PVP queue would work that well so we wouldn't have gotten those old 5-sorc teams. PFTPFPT.

Yeah...re-rolled from a couple servers and ended up on Jedi Cov...always Heavy/Very Heavy and PvE East....sucks to 'lose' level 50...but ah well.

Dev's said transfers are coming in the summer...so I fig it goes....Free Transfers from Low to Med/High pops....then Paid Transfers and some select free transfers....and after a month of this , then server merges...

I have to agree with this, I'm on Mask of Nihlius and i sat on the fleet a few weeks ago for days looking & asking to do Cademimu or Mando Raiders with my Marauder & the only response i got was one person whispering me to forget low level FP's & get to 50 & just do hardmodes, I mean is that it, This is the great community that people say will be ruined by introducing a cross server LFG system, Pretty much you have 2 choices, Either sit around on the fleet like i did & hope something comes of it (meanwhile your not leveling your toon or making money) or go level your toon on some planet & miss out on the FP content, I happen to like the FP's in this game & i think it's a shame that this content has basically become meaningless to most players.

I know the system right now isn't perfect but its far from pointless.

First off: most people complain about not having a flashpoint finder but we do have the lfd section under the who. Which btw, nobody uses!! If you want to group, start setting your comments!! Its as simple as dps lf hm or whatever.

Second: if you are pugging on fleet and nobody is answering you, again, pull up the whos menu and look through the people who are on. Send out some /tells to classes you know you need for a flashpoint ie most vangaurds are tanks, and ask them if they want to run. I have tons of luck doi.g this and manage to pug groups all the time, with less than 80 people on fleet at that.

Third: stop leaving groups!! This isn't wow and effort goes into creating groups. Stop leaving if the group wipes once. Give new people a chance to learn the flashpoints so you have more people to run with.

I remember playing wow before a dungeon finder was created, this is no diffrent. Roll upyour sleves and put a group together. Be proactive. It helps a ton!

It's impossible to put a group together when you only have 5-8 people on your fleet and 30 across the entire server. Just because you were willing to re-roll on a high pop server or got lucky enough to start on one doesn't mean everyone else is in the same boat. I have 2 50s, a 45, a 40, a 26 and a 21 currently and re-rolling is not an option. Due to the low population issues, I've had to take most crafting professions because I can't buy stuff on the GTN. I'll wait for my free transfers and if I don't get them for all my characters I'm a ghost.

Second: if you are pugging on fleet and nobody is answering you, again, pull up the whos menu and look through the people who are on. Send out some /tells to classes you know you need for a flashpoint ie most vangaurds are tanks, and ask them if they want to run. I have tons of luck doi.g this and manage to pug groups all the time, with less than 80 people on fleet at that.

Sending tells asking for runs is a sure fire way to get onto everyone's ignore list.

Sending tells asking for runs is a sure fire way to get onto everyone's ignore list.

Not really, most you can get is negative response. Some people just turn off general due to amount of trash in it - if im not looking for something, I just turn on guild chat and leave it that way. Does not mean I won't jump into a hm or 2 if I'm not doing anything useful - just watching all the epeen contests and nonsense in general doesnt sound appealing.

However I agree with some of the above posters, non-HM FPs are a waste if you don't just jump in with friends/guildies and no downtime. Its nice first time for the sake of first time but otherwise, I'd prob rather end up grinding mobs than sit and wait for FP group to form. It's the same in every game really.

Server population doesn't really matter. Even on new Oceanic servers that are full and have 200+ on fleet it is really hard to find a group. People just don't want to run HM FPs. Even normal FPs take way too long to form, considering the server pop.

One of the biggest problems with FP that they are complete waste of time. Effort to reward ratio is nowhere near reasonable.

I mostly did my class quests and PvP'd to 50. Done very few FPs, most with guildies. Main problem was and is (and why I dont respond to LFG calls in chat) because, as somebody else mentioned, people leave at the drop of a hat and me and a guildie are standing there looking dumb in the middle of an instance. Most of my guild pretty much bailed before we even began to really discuss Ops.

I'm a tank who doesn't know the fights so obviously I need someone to tell me what to expect. People don't even want to go that far a lot of times. "Hey guys, never done this FP before", *so-and-so leaves group*. If we're lucky we can at least get the whole group to participate until we wipe once, if that occurs it's a garuantee we're done.

Of course we see enough of a PvP team bail in the event of a 2 - cap these days to effectively screw anyone who remains as well. At some point in the MMO community enough people began to feel they were above having to try and (perhaps because of the high skill level they percieve themselves to be at) any step that is not on the path to absolutely ROFLstomping the opposition or the content is the fault of others and they refuse to accept the penalty. That or they only want to be carried to the reward and a group that can't do that for them with ease isn't worth sticking with.

Either way, I don't really bother with PvE anymore and in WZs I realize that our team 2 - capping first is the decisive factor between victory or a loss. Add in dwindling pops and this game has become a free time filler only slightly more enthralling than watching T.V. Sadly the next MMO to come along with a measure of hype and lofty promises will take it's place and the vicous cycle continues...

Yea this is really dragging me down in this game. I am missing a lot of the FP's (only have completed Black Talon with the friend I play with because it was a 2-person dungeon) because there's nobody who wants to do them when you ask in /lfg. I'll be at the Imperial Fleet, and check who's on... lucky if there's 1 or 2 in my level category and usually they don't even answer my whisper. It really sucks missing out on content like this. Edited by roblinb

I play on Veela which is a medium-populated server. However, I have noticed as of two months ago that finding a group to do any FP (lowbie or HM) at any time (morning to peak times) has become pretty much impossible, especially from Pugging. My guild is in the higher-level ops and many of them just don't log on during the day. Those that do are normally pvping.

I'm more of a pve geared player, and have been both the leader as well as a joiner in pugs. Either the leader will get frustrated and call it, or people will start leaving after it's evident we will not find a healer (in most cases, since I'm a tank). Lately, it seems even some dps don't want to join a group!

I'm convinced we need server mergers and a cross-server LFG system. I have no idea how Veela is considered a medium-pop server when there are less than 150 people in fleet during peak times (oh, and my side has a roughly 2:1 ratio over the other side).

Something really needs to done, because what good is a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER online game if you're stuck doing solo daily quests?

P.S. I hoped this game would be a WoW-killer, I really did (we know now it won't), but recently, I resubscribed to WoW because I can go in there, find a group in a minute or less with their tool, get a goodie bag for tanking, and complete the instance in less than 40 minutes.

Truthfully people just don't want to talk to each other. And I blame WoW for this. They've made things so easy and automated what's the point in talking with someone so you can have someone to group up with? Bioware tried to get players to communicate and it worked to some extent, but what WoW has done has left a long-term mark on gaming that currently shows no sign of subsiding anytime soon. :jawa_frown:

Lol, and people want a x-server LFG. What you get is the same sort of people.

Impatient, rude, annoying etc

You know why people dont do HM FP. Because they want to zerge and multi pull FP's. But they cant and they risc to die that much.

When x-server comes and BW nerfes the whole game...then you will see lots of people. And what kind of people lmao.

Under-50 flashpoints give very little exp. The daily somewhat makes up for this, but it's still not enough for the time spent. Gear is pretty good but you will outlevel it soon anyway. Considering the difficulties of finding a full group and finding a tank/healer since people usually level up as DPS spec, it's just not really worth it doing them.

For HM flashpoints, you get one Columi piece for four people. Doing one SM operation gives you 10 Columi for 8 people.

As others have said, there just isn't enough reason to do them.

This is sadly why one of my friends has left, and the other is thinking about going to Tera. I never really had these issues, since I raid and do things with my guild, so there's always a chance someone will come. So, to be nice, I rolled a character with them, on a heavy pop server, got to 50...

And it's true. Even as a tank, it's hard to find a healer. As a healer, it's hard to find a tank. Even using the LFG channel the server community has set up, it can take 3-4 hours to find either a tank or a healer, if ever.

And if my friends start to go, I have to as well. I generally only play a game to play with friends, if it cannot be done, no point in paying for a sub. Sure, doing HM/NM ops for 2 days a week is entertaining, but it really boils down to who you play with in the end.

It's impossible to put a group together when you only have 5-8 people on your fleet and 30 across the entire server. Just because you were willing to re-roll on a high pop server or got lucky enough to start on one doesn't mean everyone else is in the same boat. I have 2 50s, a 45, a 40, a 26 and a 21 currently and re-rolling is not an option. Due to the low population issues, I've had to take most crafting professions because I can't buy stuff on the GTN. I'll wait for my free transfers and if I don't get them for all my characters I'm a ghost.

I didnt re roll on a new server. I play on wound and have done so since day 1. Wound doesn't have a ton of people running around either and yet I manage to make it happen. People who know my toon are usually repeat runnersthey know that I know the fights and very patient with other players who might be new. It's not impossible.

Server population doesn't really matter. Even on new Oceanic servers that are full and have 200+ on fleet it is really hard to find a group. People just don't want to run HM FPs. Even normal FPs take way too long to form, considering the server pop.

One of the biggest problems with FP that they are complete waste of time. Effort to reward ratio is nowhere near reasonable.

Server population does matter, however this is a very good point also. If you have a moddable gear set (which most do by the time they're 50) and have all purple max level modifications in them, Tionese gear is barely an upgrade. I would suggest making Tionese gear like the recruit PvP gear and buyable for the fresh 50's, and have a vendor that can convert a fair amount of Tionese crystals or commendations for Columi ones. PvE players are really screwed once their dailies are done and dont feel like begging for or trying to make FP groups that they know from hours of experience will get them nowhere.

Server population does matter, however this is a very good point also. If you have a moddable gear set (which most do by the time they're 50) and have all purple max level modifications in them, Tionese gear is barely an upgrade. I would suggest making Tionese gear like the recruit PvP gear and buyable for the fresh 50's, and have a vendor that can convert a fair amount of Tionese crystals or commendations for Columi ones. PvE players are really screwed once their dailies are done and dont feel like begging for or trying to make FP groups that they know from hours of experience will get them nowhere.

I think some of the daily gear is what killed the orginal end game crafting. Why buy a lvl 49 purple hilt or any main weapon mod from a crafter when 8 daily comms will get you a little better one??

Hello there,

We thought you might be interested in the new

that was released today. Damion Schubert and Daniel Erickson talk about the 'Group-finder' feature planned for patch 1.3.

Have a great day!

I'm a tank who doesn't know the fights so obviously I need someone to tell me what to expect. People don't even want to go that far a lot of times. "Hey guys, never done this FP before", *so-and-so leaves group*. If we're lucky we can at least get the whole group to participate until we wipe once, if that occurs it's a garuantee we're done.

Ditto. My tank hasn't been to a single FP since Maelstrom Prison in the 30's. As soon as they find out that they're going to have some responsibility beyond facerolling, they whinge about "noobs" and bail. (And then come to these forums complaining they can't find a tank.)

Ditto if they discover that the tank might actually need gear from the same places they do. Shocking, I know.

I'm pretty sure we have these things called guilds

/facepalm

I'm pretty sure that most guilds aren't big enough to guarantee a complete and viable group is online anytime of day that you might happen to want to run a FP.

They certainly aren't on my desolate realm, anyhow.