Allow Sents/Maras to Q as tanks for T1 group finder

Just to get the daily T1 hard mode flashpoints completed without having to wait for a "tank" class to Q up. Most flashpoints have been done short handed, solo, using companions etc. They are not that difficult so why not think outside the box and let us pick which role we would like to queue up as. It might help increase the group finder activity thus saving us time waiting around for the holy trinity to form.

Sure its possible, but how would you restrict it? They would have to implement gear checks or some kind of agreements. Because not everyone is at such a level. There are still plenty of new fifties everyday.

It wouldn't be fair to them to have to group with fake tanks, especially since people will abuse it. Dps currently have long wait times at certain times on certain servers. And idiots will abuse it to try and get a group pretending to be a tank, only resulting in the group disbanding once they realise.

In short, doing stuff like that can be left to guild runs or manually set up pugs where everyone knows what they're getting themselves into.

Edited by alifaraaz

why not let tanks and healers que and just use comp dps? ashara and nadia are great dps toons and usually dont have "gold fever".*

most sent/maras are idiots and only focus on the mob with the most hp leaving the adds alone.

This always pisses me off when I'm running on my Sent, jumping around murdering Normal mobs, then looking up and seeing that the other dps is glued to the Elite and all the other Normals are beating on the healer. lrn2killorder, plzkthxbai. And while we're on the subject, please, for the love of god, if your dps is melee and you get Normals beating on you, don't run away. You can't run fast enough to make them stop hitting you, so all you're doing is making me chase them and take longer to make them stop hitting you. If you must run, run toward the tank or the dps whose job it is to kill those Normals, i.e., me. /rant

Cloak of Pain/Rebuke + Saber Ward isn't bad, but CoP/Rebuke won't make you a tank, it just means that you can take more damage than the other medium armour classes. And once Saber Ward goes on CD then you're going to be relying on heals from bleeds (assuming that's your spec).

So you could tank Tier 1 HM FPs but a Juggernaut/Guardian would have a much easier time. I did a HM Kaon with a mara tank but he was REALLY good and geared with 4/5 Black Hole.

Edited by AshlaBoga

While it's dumb idea for normal, random queue, it would be very nice if you could skip role restictions while in fully premade group, always. EV SM doesn't need second tank, KP SM also could be done with DPS tanking. Forcing random people to go along with another random tank-wannabe is a big NO-NO, but if you get your own group that could do it just fine if not using group finder for comms, why not let them.

Uh, at one point, no.. please no... group finder with mara as tanks, will be wipe fest and reason to loose next 20% hair from my head... already to bold....

in premade 4 peeps, sure, hell, with my operative healer, and 2 friends, merc and marauder, we did LI HM, yes, 3 manned with no wipes (tank decided he's not wasting time with mele dps, so he left) with no voice communications (was to lazy to log on mumble).

but for random not full group, please... no....

Edited by Atramar

it would be very nice if you could skip role restrictions while in fully premade group, always. EV SM doesn't need second tank, KP SM also could be done with DPS tanking. .

That was basically my point. Although I have saved multiple pug groups from disbanding due to a tank leaving or dc'ing simply by taking over the tank role on my Sentinel. Perhaps a guild only or premade only option would be required. This doesn't just apply to Sents/Maras either. Allot of the classes in this game can take on more then just the "usual" roles. Its just a thought and speaking from experience it is completely possible.

Does anyone else find it funny that a pure DPS class can tank effectively? Might as well let them queue up as heals, since they can do that too.

Oh wait, we're talking about Sentinels and Marauders. Nevermind. There's really no point in playing any other class in this game.

Does anyone else find it funny that a pure DPS class can tank effectively? Might as well let them queue up as heals, since they can do that too.

Oh wait, we're talking about Sentinels and Marauders. Nevermind. There's really no point in playing any other class in this game.

Gunslinger/Sniper can tank any ranged boss just as fine, as long as there is natural cover. Commando also can take beating just fine and well played won't have any issues with threat. Sage is too squishy and Scoundel is too dependant on being behind target, but aside from them all other classes can tank flashpoin bosses just fine. Say thanks to FP nerfs.

In my opinion every class in this game can excel at expanded roles, even more so when it comes to T1. Or maybe some just like being stuck in that little box. :sy_inventory:

Edited by Kalebratha

Sure its possible, but how would you restrict it? They would have to implement gear checks or some kind of agreements. Because not everyone is at such a level. There are still plenty of new fifties everyday.

It wouldn't be fair to them to have to group with fake tanks, especially since people will abuse it. Dps currently have long wait times at certain times on certain servers. And idiots will abuse it to try and get a group pretending to be a tank, only resulting in the group disbanding once they realise.

In short, doing stuff like that can be left to guild runs or manually set up pugs where everyone knows what they're getting themselves into.

^this

I don't want to queue "groupfinder" as dps for an hour + only to get a group with a newb 50 marauder in greens as the so-called "tank". Marauders/Sentinels are not tanks.

Edited by MorgonKara

Then lets call it "Advanced Group Finder". Those who are willing, geared or skilled enough can select what ever role they wish. Premades or guild mates suggested but not mandatory. Either way you get your daily coms and don't have to wait for the usual required classes to Q up. Might as well allow short handed access while we are at it. If 4 players aren't available then 2, 3 or even a solo could launch the flashpoint, complete it, get your daily done and call it a day.:hope_07:

Just to get the daily T1 hard mode flashpoints completed without having to wait for a "tank" class to Q up. Most flashpoints have been done short handed, solo, using companions etc. They are not that difficult so why not think outside the box and let us pick which role we would like to queue up as. It might help increase the group finder activity thus saving us time waiting around for the holy trinity to form.

Wow a better post for nerfing your defensive CDs a QQer could have never made TY

sent/mara are easy to tank for and i will give you some tips on how to train them.

1. wait for them to force leap toward that gold with a knock back + slow. once the slow is applied force grip or harpoon the gold to you and let them run to the mob slowed or they focus on the normal mobs close by.

2. when they force leap to the boss just run around the mob til they look up from their kb and realize cleave kinda hurts.

3. force push is a great way to put some distance on them and again make them focus on the normal mobs.

sent/mara are simple creatures to train and once they learn that they are dps and not tanks threads like this will go away.

sent/mara are easy to tank for and i will give you some tips on how to train them.

1. wait for them to force leap toward that gold with a knock back + slow. once the slow is applied force grip or harpoon the gold to you and let them run to the mob slowed or they focus on the normal mobs close by.

2. when they force leap to the boss just run around the mob til they look up from their kb and realize cleave kinda hurts.

3. force push is a great way to put some distance on them and again make them focus on the normal mobs.

sent/mara are simple creatures to train and once they learn that they are dps and not tanks threads like this will go away.

You Sir are pure evil.

Thanks for tips.