It would take me 16 weeks to reach 258 for 1 character

Lundorff

there's a weekly cap on one's legacy as per every other rep in the game. so...I guess it depends on what you want to buy.

still, it's worth doing the weeklies on as many alts as you can stomach just to pass gear/weapons to your main(s).

stockpiling rep tokens is w/e. you're going to do the same amount of work whether you do it all at once or week by week.

it's purely individual preference, but I like the swtor system for rep grinds and rewards much more than the wow system and the fact that rep gear in wow is useless by the time you unlock it or that it forces you to grind rep just to use the flying mount(s) you already own. then there's the whole thing in BFA where you have to grind rep just to access abilities in your gear that you'll trade up from before having the rep to unlock them...but I digress. heh.

I mean yes, there is the reputation cap and people could not have become full 258 (besides MH and OH) until you had the needed rep, but that was to be expected. Before you had NiM ops so when you defeated the bosses you got the gear and that could have been on day 1 so.... but that wasnt the gearing for PVPers.

I enjoyed this gearing system as it made me plan ahead the things I needed to do. I am a bit worries now about the possibility to get the Monumental crystal via solo ranked, if it wont attract people to farm it via SR instead of wiping on HM Queen.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but if you haven’t done the whole previous story chapters or by pass them straight to Ossus (not everyone wants BioWare generic companion choices), there is no way to get the crystals.

This is wrong. Every character can:

1. travel to Ossus

2. exchange components for crystals

3. get the event weekly quest (8 medals, story op, ...)

4. get the monumental data crystal weekly (SR/Queen HM)

For these you don‘t have to skip any story or „lose“ any companion.

Ossus story is needed for:

1. weekly: 10 dailies on Ossus (252 gear piece)

2. Masterwork data crystal weekly (TR/world bosses)

3. Flesh and Steel one time quest (252 MH/OH)

you don't need to play the story to travel to ossus.

you don't need to skip the story, to travel to ossus.

the rotational weekly quest CAN be a pvp quest. if it is,

just accept it, to increase your income of crystals.

you don't need to play the story, to accept that quest.

you don't need to skip the story, to accept that quest.

you just need to be level 70 and able to travel to ossus,

by having a personal ship.

the vendor for changing UC into crystals is free for all, too.

so you just need to travel to ossus, with a level 70 character.

there is no need to do any pve stuff, as long as you already

are having a personal ship.

you need around 10 weeks, to equip your main character with 258 on the left side*

*without bracers

just by playing pvp.

you can speed up equipping that character, by using alts, just to change UC to crystals.

you just would need legacy gear shells and some credits to take out armor, mods and enhc.

so it would take maximum 3 weeks each alt, to get a level 258 item. you can do that while

playing your main character.

the main- and offhand is another thing. here you would need to do it on your main,

because of the new crystals, you could get from playing pvp, too.

this would take another 4 weeks.

so in minimum 14 weeks, by using alts for gear you could send via legacy shells

and just playing pvp only with one main character, until you are fully equipped with BiS pvp gear,

including getting rid of accuracy.

is that much? yes.

when we had the pvp gear, it was 2 weeks.

(2x weekly and the daily quests each day).

This is wrong. Every character can:

1. travel to Ossus

2. exchange components for crystals

3. get the event weekly quest (8 medals, story op, ...)

4. get the monumental data crystal weekly (SR/Queen HM)

For these you don‘t have to skip any story or „lose“ any companion.

Ossus story is needed for:

1. weekly: 10 dailies on Ossus (252 gear piece)

2. Masterwork data crystal weekly (TR/world bosses)

3. Flesh and Steel one time quest (252 MH/OH)

How do you get to Ossus? The only way I’ve found is to start the mission chain because there is no flight point on the galaxy map if you haven’t been there.

How do you get to Ossus? The only way I’ve found is to start the mission chain because there is no flight point on the galaxy map if you haven’t been there.

I checked this out yesterday actually. Open your galaxy map and you can just travel there like any other planet. [Edit: location wise, to help you find it on the map, it's over by Voss, right-hand-side part of the map. :D ]

[2nd edit: Oh, I just realized you said you already checked the galaxy map. Hmm, then not sure. I got it on my galaxy map that opens from the menu at the top of the screen. I don't know if that's different from maybe if you open it from your ship console. Otherwise, I dunno. I haven't started any Ossus (or anything after the main level 1-50 story, actually) and I can get there no problem.]

Edited by Banderal

Open galaxy map. Ossus is in Hutta space. Both smugler crystal exchange and droid rotating weekly is available to any lvl 70 toon. No need to unlock start anything else.

Sadly for pvpers, i think 8 pvp medals expired and now will probably be 4 MM FP.

Edit: The Weekly for monumental Crystal is also available in the big terminal without unlocking ossus story. Weekly for regular crystal (WBs or team ranked) still not available (at least there).

You will still need reputation. So either unlock ossus and do the weekly/dailies on one toon or ranked. Not saying is fine, just what it is.

Note: Also (this was debated on another topic), I think (haven't actually bought) any toon can buy any AC gear (no need to change to healer for direct purchasse without accuracy). By default it show you your AC gear only; but there is a dropdown to show you other AC of the same class or all gear available.

Edited by Balameb
add info

I enjoyed this gearing system as it made me plan ahead the things I needed to do. I am a bit worries now about the possibility to get the Monumental crystal via solo ranked, if it wont attract people to farm it via SR instead of wiping on HM Queen.

/aside

when I came back, 26 of my toons were on the same server. I had rolled clones of mercs, mandos, PTs, VGs, and juggs on 3 separate servers...and they all have the same name (give or take a special character over a vowel). trying to plan anything is confusing af. I can't even find the right crafter or which one has the $$$, etc. it's a first world problem to be sure, but I think I've wasted HOURS in the last week just jumping around to find the right toon (legacy hold be damned. I need 15 tabs!).

/aside

when I came back, 26 of my toons were on the same server. I had rolled clones of mercs, mandos, PTs, VGs, and juggs on 3 separate servers...and they all have the same name (give or take a special character over a vowel). trying to plan anything is confusing af. I can't even find the right crafter or which one has the $$$, etc. it's a first world problem to be sure, but I think I've wasted HOURS in the last week just jumping around to find the right toon (legacy hold be damned. I need 15 tabs!).

Ha! See, bioware is trying to *HELP* cure you of this alt-itis. We should hold a pvp-a-thon.

Altitis! With your help it can be cured within our lifetimes!

Open galaxy map. Ossus is in Hutta space. Both smugler crystal exchange and droid rotating weekly is available to any lvl 70 toon. No need to unlock start anything else.

Thanks for the info. I’ll check it out when I log in next. Because honestly, I haven’t checked the galaxy map out since New Years.

I know when 5.10 was released in December, I was unable to go to Ossus unless through the story.

Maybe they patched it since then or maybe it was bugged for both me and my wife (nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to bugs in this game).

The only other explanation I can think of is, once you get one toon to Ossus through the story, it shows up on all your galaxy maps on other toon’s.

/aside

I can relate. After the last merge I had 60+ Alts on both SS and SF on one account. And 40+ Alts on SS and SF on another. Talk about confusing as I had basically the same names on each server and similar look and armour.

It took me about a month to fully go through them all and transfer credits and items into my legacy storage (which was already overflowing). I ended up having to make 3 personal guilds on each server so I could transfer stuff till I sorted everything out.

I ended up using google sheets to set up a spread sheet for my crafters/gatherers that showed what lvl companions each had, who did what and how many of each I had doubled up.

Then I check out which Alts had the highest Valor, social rank, dark side, lightside and also character bound game currencies.

By the end of the month I had most of the info I needed to start deleting Alts to make it easier to manage (if only BioWare would add a sort/search function on the character list so you could search class, name,professions, etc... most of that wouldnt have been needed (I would have kept most of them)

I’m now down to one account since they moved the servers and each server only has 28-31 Alts.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Narh, I will just stick to 248 and be done with it. Or go naked in protest :D

The only thing I will suggest is to do the 2 world boses on Ossus to get your 252 weapon.

Grim talked me into doing it yesterday and it makes a big difference in the damage you do because Bolster doesn’t seem to take mainhand weapons into account.

I did it on my Sniper because I’ve got 2 and I wanted to check (one was engineering and the other MM). I made 230 bolstered set with 228 Augs (min/max sec stats). And I had a mix of 242-248 gear with 228 Augs on the other. Both used a 248 MH.

After getting the 252 weapon, I switched my engineering sniper to MM to do testing and there the weapon makes a big difference for both sets of armor.

My testing over the last 2 weeks and with the weapon yesterday shows me that 230 or 248 armor with 252 weapon is fine to play against any 252 players and some 258 players (who aren’t that good).

Ideally you could/can bypass the whole new system using Bolster + 252 weapon if you have some good skills.

If we can get easier access to the 258 MH and OH weapons, there will be no need for most the full time pvpers to bother grinding 258 gear (unless ranked really matters to you)

I’ve personally decided not to participate in the grind.

The only thing I will suggest is to do the 2 world boses on Ossus to get your 252 weapon.

I suspect the 258 MH will happen automatically due to the SR weekly in combination with the weekly 500+1000 crystal exchange. The only real gateway will be reputation...

/aside

I mean it might just be me, but I love this stuff, make google spreadsheets, tables calculate stuff and then you will see all toons, current state and what you need to do.

Yes, if you are not a friend to this then yes, it can be frustrating, but still, the missions are straight forwards and its quite easy to do the "routine" on one toon.

Yes, if you are not a friend to this then yes, it can be frustrating, but still, the missions are straight forwards and its quite easy to do the "routine" on one toon.

I would mind it less if I only ever played 1 character and 1 spec, but in the past wee, I have messed around with:

Decp-sin (70)

Hatred-Sin (70)

Decep-sin (New)

Jugg-DPS (70)

Jugg-DPS (New)

Jugg-Tank (New)

Con-op (70)

Marauder (70)

This gearing system is completely incompatible with an active ALT-life :rolleyes:

I would mind it less if I only ever played 1 character and 1 spec, but in the past wee, I have messed around with:

Decp-sin (70)

Hatred-Sin (70)

Decep-sin (New)

Jugg-DPS (70)

Jugg-DPS (New)

Jugg-Tank (New)

Con-op (70)

Marauder (70)

This gearing system is completely incompatible with an active ALT-life :rolleyes:

From my point of view I wouldnt say so. I am gearing:

Sentinel dps 2x

Mara dps

Shadow dps+tank

Assasin dps+tank

Mando dps

Merc dps

Sage heal

Sorc heal

Vanguard dps

PT dps

Doing that all at once. Several toons are already finished with full 258. I did have a big stockpile of UCs at start. However, due to lack of time to play the game the only thing I did when i logged in was play these toons for the gear. In my case it was fun, but I dont suppose thats the case of other people :)

I know when 5.10 was released in December, I was unable to go to Ossus unless through the story.

Maybe they patched it since then or maybe it was bugged for both me and my wife (nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to bugs in this game).

Why are you making things up? Is it so hard to argue with facts? You just missed it. But no, it probably was bugged..

Sentinel dps 2x

Mara dps

Shadow dps+tank

Assasin dps+tank

Mando dps

Merc dps

Sage heal

Sorc heal

Vanguard dps

PT dps

Doing that all at once. Several toons are already finished with full 258. I did have a big stockpile of UCs at start. However, due to lack of time to play the game the only thing I did when i logged in was play these toons for the gear. In my case it was fun, but I dont suppose thats the case of other people :)

Christ dude... you are quite dedicated (and somewhat masochistic heh). How many UCs did you have?

Edited by Lundorff

Christ dude... you are quite dedicated (and somewhat masochistic heh). How many UCs did you have?

125k UCs. Well, it gives you something to do. I imagine people are not into this stuff, for them the game should be fun etc, but for me such planning and execution is fun :) the only thing which I feared was that 6.0 was supposed to come much sooner, but it was postponed, which will make me geared for a long time. Otherwise it would have been a waste.

I mean it might just be me, but I love this stuff, make google spreadsheets, tables calculate stuff and then you will see all toons, current state and what you need to do.

I created a network of toons on each server specifically for this. when I came back and everything had merged, I had no idea who was whom and from which server. I had duplicate crafters and story progressions. It's a painstaking process to figure out which is which. the only toons that were easy to sort were the ones with duplicate names because it tells me their origin server on the note that the name needs to change. lol

Why are you making things up? Is it so hard to argue with facts? You just missed it. But no, it probably was bugged..

Maybe I missed or maybe it was a bug. It was in December and I know both my wife and I looked all over the galaxy map to find a flight point.

But please, insult me some more and insinuate I’m lying for no reason :rolleyes: could you be any more childish

Sentinel dps 2x

Mara dps

Shadow dps+tank

Assasin dps+tank

Mando dps

Merc dps

Sage heal

Sorc heal

Vanguard dps

PT dps

You and Lunoff are like me with Alts. Except I’m more like lundoff than yourself. I only want to pvp and I want to gear all of them and not be limited to gearing one at a time or using legacy gear to swap back and forth.

2x Mara

Sent

2x Sorc

Sage

2x Jugg

Guardian

2x Sniper

Merc

Operative

Sin

Shadow

What’s a real pain for me is up until yesterday I was under the impression I couldn’t take my toon’s to Ossus unless I finished all the chapters (if I wanted to make my own comp choices) or skipped ahead if I didn’t care what comps I had.

So the 10000 UCs I’d collected have just been sitting there for most of my Alts because I’d given up grinding gear or even playing that much after this dumb system was added. I’d also stopped bothering to try and get the reputation higher.

I’m also still waiting for Biowares promise that 252 items drop from tier 4 crates because I’ve seen none after opening about 200 of them. I only know of one person on the forums that’s got one. So from my point of view, it’s just another lie from Bioware that we could gear that way too.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I imagine people are not into this stuff, for them the game should be fun

This is a major point that BioWare have forgotten since 5.0 and even before. When they made the story more and more a solo thing from Revan onwards, it’s sucked the life out of the pve game for me because I use to only do pve to play with my wife. When we could not play together I stopped playing pve.

The only shinning light still on the game for me was pvp because I dedicated all my time to it. Then 5.0 was released and it killed gearing, it killed lowbie and mid pvp for lvling up my Alts, it killed my pvp guild, it killed the servers which made them merge and move them to the east coast, which killed my ping.

BioWare have made this game less fun for me and I’m sure many others over the last 3 years. I’m honestly suprised any of us are still here and extremely surprised that I am. If I could find another game that was a SW MMO or a space opera MMO (not bows and arrows or flint lock guns), then I would have been gone long ago.

If they make this game any less fun, it will close down faster and faster as more people leave. It seems since 5.0 that BioWare have made a concerted effort to accelerate the decline in subscriber players and they keep doubling down to make it happen every time they release something new.

If they were any other type of business they would be bankrupt and would have all been fired for the incompetence of driving all their customers away and running the company into the ground. When swtor closes and most of these people lose their jobs and have to work in the real world again, they will be in for a rude shock, especially Musco.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I’m also still waiting for Biowares promise that 252 items drop from tier 4 crates because I’ve seen none after opening about 200 of them. I only know of one person on the forums that’s got one. So from my point of view, it’s just another lie from Bioware that we could gear that way too.

I got a 252, er... implant or relic, I forget which, from I think my 2nd or 3rd crate after the 252/258 gear went live... and then nothing for, as you say, the hundred or so after that so far. I saw someone post in fleet gen chat that Eric claimed the drop rate was 1%. They provided no link or anything to where they supposedly got that number, so I'm sure like most things you hear/read here, it's worth every penny you paid.

This is a major point that BioWare have forgotten since 5.0 and even before. When they made the story more and more a solo thing from Revan onwards, it’s sucked the life out of the pve game for me because I use to only do pve to play with my wife. When we could not play together I stopped playing pve.

Well and what do other MMOs do? Have you seen WoW? We left swtor for a brief time to play Legion expansion in WoW and that had the same kind of grind. You finished story which got you from level 100 to 110 and then it was all about getting gear and points for your weapon. So in the end the games tend to be about the same.

The only shinning light still on the game for me was pvp because I dedicated all my time to it. Then 5.0 was released and it killed gearing, it killed lowbie and mid pvp for lvling up my Alts, it killed my pvp guild, it killed the servers which made them merge and move them to the east coast, which killed my ping.

Yes, here I have to agree that before it was fun to level a toon via PVP and gain PVP coms, which you used to buy a full ranked gear set when you reached level cap. Now regs are a nightmare and its not enjoyable at all. The only games I like in regs are arenas when there is not enough people in que.

BioWare have made this game less fun for me and I’m sure many others over the last 3 years. I’m honestly suprised any of us are still here and extremely surprised that I am. If I could find another game that was a SW MMO or a space opera MMO (not bows and arrows or flint lock guns), then I would have been gone long ago.

I am surprised to still see you here, since you kept on leaving :) as I said, I am the systematic type and for me it is still fun the way it is. I can imagine many people leaving cause of this, but then again majority of the population is not in for the PVP or PVE, they just play dress up and RP so.....