Guild membership numbers

Ducat

Just wondering about the size of guilds on the shadowlands.

Lets do this format:

Guild Name:

How many members on roster:

Best guest as to actual players (not counting alts):

Avg members on and general timeframe:

I will start.

Guild Name: Central Imperial Order

How many members on roster: 182

Best guess as to actual players (not counting alts): 80

Avg members on and general timeframe: 8 @ 5-10pm EST

Edited by Ducat

Guild Name: Drunken Jedi Masters

How many members on roster: 233

Best guest as to actual players still playing(not counting alts): just me

Avg members on and general timeframe: 1 whenever I'm on

We had a vote whether to merge with another guild but guild rules dictate a 2:1 ratio for to make that kind of decision so it's stuck in perpetual limbo. /shrug

Just wondering about the size of guilds on the shadowlands.

Guild Name: Central Imperial Order

How many members on roster: 182

Best guest as to actual players (not counting alts): 80

Avg members on and general timeframe: 8 @ 5-10pm EST

I'm sorry if this sounds douchey, but I my intent is constructive input. I just wanted to say that I was in a similar situation to the one you appear to be in. We had a launch guild that started strong. As the year progressed we lost players to other games like D3 and GW2. At the end we were down to 8 active raid members. Close knit, we were reluctant to do anything but absorb other guilds. Therein lies the problem though. As a guild of 8 it makes more sense to be absorbed rather than do the absorbing. Like you we had a four tab guild bank, 150ish alts in guild... we were the skeleton of what used to be an active guild. Once we finally realized this we joined a larger guild. Each of us left an alt behind so our old guild still exists and was a safety net if things didn't work out.

Long story short, we have had more fun in the last few months than we ever did as an isolated team of 8. It is easier to fill empty spots. We get to run through stuff with our alts. Way more opportunities for fun. Moreover I think we've helped improve the guild we joined. Our team still runs together and the experience we've gained grinding out PVE content is being passed on to other players. Really the best choice we could have made for our guild.

Our original guild was Pariah from Elysium. Now we are WOOK. 450+ alts; 35+ active players many nights of the week. We have excellent leadership in our GM and officers. Most members are helpful and excited to play. As far as I know we are not actively recruiting, but we do not often turn away motivated, friendly players. If joining us is something you might be interested in you can contact us via: http://www.wookieeroar.com/.

Thank you for the constructive and adult responses.

The post has dual purpose.

1. The most important purpose is to get an idea of guild size on the server and be able to compare those sizes with your own guild. If people don't want to be honest they don't need to comment. It is just information gathering.

Questions that may be answered are ones like... If my guild has 20 people on a night is that average? Is the average higher or lower? Are my guild numbers average?

The 2nd purpose (for CIO) would be to start discussions about guild mergers, yes. I am not denying that.

Unlike some guilds CIO has a long tradition (We were one of the first guilds in Star Wars MMO's) plenty of veteran players and a good infrastructure.

Guild Name: Covenant of the Phoenix

Covenant of the Phoenix (Republic main guild) - 400 (we actively purge inactive characters to keep the roster below the cap)

Ascent of the Phoenix (Republic alt guild) - 150

Empire of the Phoenix (Empire guild) - 250

Best guest as to actual players (not counting alts): 100 active

Avg members on and general timeframe: 30-40 on weeknights from 9pm-midnight server time, peak at 50+

Edited by DarthTexas

Guild Name: Covenant of the Phoenix

Covenant of the Phoenix (Republic main guild) - 400 (we actively purge inactive characters to keep the roster below the cap)

Ascent of the Phoenix (Republic alt guild) - 150

Empire of the Phoenix (Empire guild) - 250

Best guess as to actual players (not counting alts): 100 active

Avg members on and general timeframe: 30-40 on weeknights from 9pm-midnight server time, peak at 50+

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Resurrecting this because I wanted to see how large average guilds in the game are.

Guild Name: Kinetic

How many members on roster: 310 at the moment, but we originally peaked at about 900.

Best guess as to actual players (not counting alts): 100 or so, and then a ton of 50 alts.

Avg members on and general timeframe: Fri-Sun nights usually hit 25 or so.