Class Changes in 6.1 - PvP Feedback

septru

my 2 cents on Bioware's proposed 6.1 balancing....

Hey folks,

snip

-eric

TLDR: I have no idea if these changes are PvE or PvP oriented; but regardless of the intent, these changes have very little impact on PvP. On the whole, you did not touch balancing for PvP. If you did, or you think you did, you are completely off base.

1) You have still not addressed the "stealth meta." Operative Veiled Strike tactical is the only real tactical operatives take. No operatives take Acid Lash. Acid Lash's damage pales in comparison to Veiled Strike. Veiled Strike needs to be nerfed slightly. Assassin's Death Nell setbonus needs to be nerfed slightly. Marauder's Defel Spiced Genes Tactical also needs to be nerfed and tweaked slightly. Stealth classes are running PvP. It was amusing at the beginning. It's not fun anymore.

2) You don't even know which tacticals and set bonuses are bugged. You have no idea what "double dipping" is. You have missed several discrepancies between tacticals and set bonuses of mirror classes. And you are still not aware of the bugs you created by creating double charges. Honestly, I don't even want to provide a list on the forums. I know if I say the bugs on the forums then everyone will reroll to exploit these bugs and it will take you another 5 months to fix the bugs.

3) Still waiting for you to fix tactical swapping. This might not be an issue for pve. But it is a major issue for PvP, especially ranked. Shouldn't be that tough of a fix either.

4) You nerfed the wrong leth tactical. Viral elements is the OP tactical not Synox Shots.

5) Your sorc changes are wrong but not completely off target. Honestly, a good friend of mine and great player has made an extremely insightful post about the status of sorc in 6.0 and the effects of these new changes on PvP. I think everyone, especially Bioware would benefit from reading.

The sorc changes are half-baked; more adjustments need to be made to prevent the class from getting neutered to a ridiculous extent. I agree that current Polarity Shift uptime is excessive for PvP, mainly because it provides massive boosts to kiting, burst, and interrupt prevention. But keep in mind that 6.0 Sorc DPS is actually pretty low without Polarity Shift--especially in PvE--and the Gathering Storm set bonus helps players compensate for this issue. Plus, Madness is currently under-performing even with the overpowered Polarity Shifts.

If the developers are going to (rightfully) nerf Gathering Storm, then they need to compensate by buffing certain abilities and passives; otherwise, both specs will struggle to hit 22k dps while all other ranged DPS specs are eclipsing 23k. I suggest the following changes, in addition to the set bonus nerf, to help balance things properly:

Sorcerer:

(1) Increase the damage of Affliction by 20 percent. (This will negate about half of the dps loss from the Gathering Storm nerf, while also giving healers a much-needed boost to their off-DPS in PvE.)

Lightning:

(1) Decrease the damage of Chain Lightning by 10 percent. (Thanks to Elemental Convection, Lightning Sorcs have insane output during cleave situations in PvP; this nerf will help take the edge off. Chain Lightning will still be more damaging than a Lightning Bolt, so the rotation will be unaffected.)

(2) Chain Lightning's root and snare effects can only occur once every 9 seconds. (The root spam caused by Elemental Convection is an absolute killer for melee at the moment.)

(3) Increase the Shock bonus perk to 85 percent, up from 35 percent. (This will compensate for the nerfs to Gathering Storm and Chain Lightning. When paired with Recklessness, Shock will complement Thundering Blast nicely. Plus, the move isn't reliant on the RNG nature of Forked Lightning procs, which is part of what makes Polarity Shift so strong for Lightning in the first place.)

Madness:

(1) Increase the damage of Force Leech and Force Lightning by 10 percent. (This will help to further negate the Gathering Storm nerfs while also giving Madness a much-needed boost to its single-target DPS.)

Changes like these will help Sorcs absorb the massive DPS loss caused by the changes to Gathering Storm, while also mitigating the excessive cleave of Lightning and buffing the lackluster single target DPS of madness.

6) So it seems again that tanks in PvP are doing exorbitant amounts of damage, acting more as a damaging dealing class with guard and healing debuff then actual tanks. PT tank can put out more dps than most damage specs..... again. All classes can get tank tunneled (killed first even through their defensive stats) easily..... again. I know you just attempted to fix this issue recently, so we will most likely will be left with this problem till the end of this game. Nice to know that when Bioware's ****** developer team finally notices an issue in their game they are too incompetent to fix it.

7) Thank you for nerfing Meteor Brawler’s Firefall affect.

FIX HUTTBALL AIR VENTS.

Edited by septru

Those changes for Sorcs by @Hoppinswtor will make them OP. They are not nerfing their sustain DPS but making thier burst window shorter. And mele don't have any troble with Chain Lightning's root lol. Enduring bastion changes are strange as it's already not helping to survive. It's common knowledge that after Barrier Sorc\Sage is a dead meat. So making it absorb less damage isn't changing that. Madness is fine. It's just meta with burst and TTK that this spec can't show his DPS output. Madness does BIG numbers in healers+tank games. They need to nerf other classes burst to make Madnes work.

Pve doesn't even require "balance" changes. Who cares if certain specs are "overperforming" as long as everything is viable? Balance in ranked pvp actually matters. If they're really just balancing for pve without any care for what is happening in ranked pvp, that's even more pathetic than I thought.

haha, ten years later and your still expecting this game to change.

btw its meteor brawlers "(E)ffect" just doing gods work. ranked is a meme and all classes are viable in regs. /end expansion balances

affect is a verb, effect is a noun.

ranked became a meme when your tier no longer gave gear, but rather it became a grind. only thing I see changing in the future is a) subpar class stack prevention and b) legacy ranked tokens.

Edited by Seterade

No sense to comment these changes since they are fully based on static tests where players hitting targets which rarely moving. In this case acid lash and syntax shots were opped. Yet only small portion of these changes affect pvp...

Changes are as expected...

Like it has been said before, every class is viable in unranked so there is nothing left to balance .

Ranked is just a small mini game and it's time to accept that it won't be seeing much changes in the future. You need to pick a proper class if you plan to enter ranked. This seems to be the dev's message.

Changes are as expected...

Like it has been said before, every class is viable in unranked so there is nothing left to balance .

Ranked is just a small mini game and it's time to accept that it won't be seeing much changes in the future.

What a dumb post.

Regs is balanced because 90% of the players in regs just smash their face on their keyboard. The skill of a player (or lack of skill) does not discredit the strength of a class.

Edited by septru

PvP became a lot more harder to balance once BW copies Blizzard (again) and remove PvP gear in 5.0.

After that it is a whole ball game, and now with dozens of tacticals and set bonuses for each class it is also another ball game. Ok some of them are useless in PvP to say the truth, but hey they do cater for different aspects of the game and playing style.

Classes are not so much off balance atm, but surely Dec Maul needs a nerf, as do Operative. Lightning Sorcs also need a nerf, for a burst class they do a high ammount of DPS too. DPS Juggs and PT needs a bit better defenses to be viable in ranked. Tanks as tank (not Skankers) and heals need a bit of scaling, it is like they are still in level 70 compared to DPS.