COH Refugee

creigblaze

Hi all,

My wife and I are CoH refugees.

A bit of info: I am a long time MMO player, did UO for 8 years, then CoH from launch (with a few breaks), WoW, DDO, LoTRO, CO (lifetime member), and now TSW (lifetime member).

COH info Lunch with breaks

server Infinity / Virtue

Global @war hawk

TSW info

Global: Krovus

server: Arcadia

faction: Templar

SWTOR

Server: Harbinger

Blue: Lexangton

Crovus

Walker'van

Red: Krovus

We have been in game for a while now but this is my official hitting the forums thread we have enjoyed the game so far and look forward to more time here.

May the force be with you.

Crovus

Do they have global chat handles here?

This might be of some use: Chat Commands

If for some reason the link does not work, or you don't want to click it; I'll paste the main commands on here:

1.) /pvp Speak in PvP chat

2.) /say Switches outgoing chat to Say, only players in local vicinity can hear you

3.) /yell Yells in chat, displayed in red text. This can be heard in a large area. Cross-faction

4.) /general Speak in General chat, this can be heard throughout the entire planet/flashpoint/instance (the default chat)

5.) /guild Chat only to your guild

6.) /tell Sends a /tell to another player (alternate form of /t)

7.) /create [channelname] [password] Create a Channel and an optional password

8.) /trade Speak in Trade chat

9.) /group Speak in group chat

Hope this helps! :)

Edited by Essence_of_Light

No, they do not have global chat handles here.

It's obvious you're an experience MMO gamer because your post is full of acronyms, hehe. I think I know which games you're referring to in about half your acronyms.

Also, welcome! But the Introductions forum is a sub-forum of the Newbie Help.

Edited by Merouk

City of Heroes was an awesome game. My wife and I played extensively (it was her first MMO). Virtue was our home server, and you might have seen us--we played Burgher King and Derry Queen.

Look us up on Harbinger!

Fan'cy

Smarti

Ünder

Those are my most played toons on Harbinger (my main server is Begeren Colony). Maybe we can go kill some stuff together! Oh, and yes, the legacy name is Pants.

No, they do not have global chat handles here.

It's obvious you're an experience MMO gamer because your post is full of acronyms, hehe. I think I know which games you're referring to in about half your acronyms.

Also, welcome! But the Introductions forum is a sub-forum of the Newbie Help.

Well I did miss that sub thread, wonder if the mods can move this one.

I'm also a City of Heroes refugee--up until recently spending most of my time in Lord of the Rings online. I recently started playing SWTOR on a friend's advice. I've resisted playing it for years because of a seething hatred for star wars that I developed after what George Lucas did to it with the last 3 movie abominations he created. But I'm having a lot of fun and glad I gave it a shot.

As far as global handles go, the closest thing in SWTOR is your Legacy name, which becomes the last name of all your characters.

Edited by indiramourning

i am a COH player also 8.5 years,mostly on pinnacle and some on Freedom. played both sides,still miss the game and mostly the people,even went to two cookouts with players from around the states.hope to meet the jerk that decided to close the game to show him how far up a part of his body I can shove a lightsaber.(got to keep this post SW related)

my global on COH was the same as this name. miss the halloween events Trick or treating , the winter events with the mystery boxes glowing allover the place, really miss the cross fraction teaming. :(

City of Heroes was an awesome game. My wife and I played extensively (it was her first MMO). Virtue was our home server, and you might have seen us--we played Burgher King and Derry Queen.

HAHA I love those names, very creative. :)