Boarding Party Hardmode last boss oversight

Last night I ran a Boarding Party Hardmode and we got to the last boss where there is a commander, chief and medic trio that needed to be killed. We killed the chief, and while were were downing the commander, the tank and healer died so only the two dps were still alive. By the time the dps killed the commander, our health was hanging by a thread and the medic ended up wiping the two of us.

The problem: The game gives you credit as soon as the commander dies but since the medic killed us, we didn't get to loot. When we popped to the white nova after our death, the FP was considered done and we could no longer enter it since the last boss died. ***? We couldn't do the encounter again to loot it.

The easy fix: Don't give credit for the FP until all 3 bosses die. And better yet, allow the FP to be re-enterable even AFTER we get credit in case people want to do skipped bonus bosses, etc.

I can't believe that this was missed. I'm sure this has happened to many others. Yes, some of you will say "kill the commander last" but the FP should not operate this way in the first place.

The times I've been tank to take this group down, we kill medic first, then commander. Massey is just an annoyance with pitiful damage, even when enraged. The medic hits like a truck when he's enraged.

Also, when massey turns his attentions to another, taunt him back when its on cd. Smash that Medic! Quicker you get him down, quicker you can turn on the commander, drop commander then massey - Take cake, eat and loot.

Edited by Quelidge

Your suggested method still entails killing the commander second where you instanly get credit for clearing the FP as soon as he dies. If you wipe on the third guy AFTER the commander dies, the group will not be able to enter the FP to do the encounter again and loot the chest. This needs to be fixed! :mad:

Not killing Massey first will result in a lot of reflected damage on your group. This can be a detriment to groups that are within that "squeezing" distance of barely being able to down this encounter.

My group kills Massey first, then the commander, and then finally the medic. The medic's heals CAN be interrupted so you can delay the healing he puts out somewhat on massey. The key here is burning Massey as fast as possible. Once he's down burning the commander is a joke. The medic usually enrages for us, but I tank him with my Rakata Shielding relic along with Saber Ward and Invincible, I've lived through his enrage with my cooldown abilities alone.

If your tank is burning his cooldowns just normally tanking this encounter before you get to the medic, then you might want to do False Emperor to get some better gear (namely the chest piece) first.

FYI. My gear in this encounter is Columi Helm, PvP Champion Chest, PvP Belt, Columi Pants, Energized Boots. Other equipment is a bunch of PvP earpieces/implants, Matrix Cube, Artifice Crafted Relic. I'm really not in that great of equipment and the encounter is a joke.

But then again, the trick to beating enrage timers is not your tank but solid DPS...;)

But then again, the trick to beating enrage timers is not your tank but solid DPS...;)

Pretty much.

We do Massey > Medic > Jorland however with solid DPS. My job as tank is to simply keep Jorland and Medic on me and anytime I see Medic break to call in heals, I tab to him and interrupt.

DPS is very important. Any organized healer should be just fine as the tank doesn't take too much damage and should have medpacks or something to cover their own ***. Aside from def/res buffs in their own talent pools.

This is a risky method but once done correctly you have no issues, ive show the rest of my guildies this and its a constant one shot dispite anything, Basically just nuke jorland first this then gets rid of his constant dmg to party members then nuke the medic and then massey even if massey enrage the dmg is pitiful and is still able to be taunted off the party members works a charm each time.

Tayne - Dark Intent Kellian Jarro EU

This fight is tricky but nowhere near impossible. I gear up our guild in here with people in greens - DPS isn't THAT important, just be smart.

We pull commander up on the balcony so minimize grenade damage to squishies and kill healer. Interrupt and she's a quick kill.

Then we switch to commander. His shield is NOT reflective. Don't listen to bads that think it is. Read the shield buff. It reduces your damage to him but also reduces his damage output. If you kill Massey first, his grenade is actually a PITA and the hardest thing about the fight.

Then kill Massey. As said above, her damage is pretty low.

If you think you're doing poorly enough to die after commander, just wipe I guess.

I'm heals and using this method I actually have time to assist with healer interrupts and some DPS.