[MOVIE] OSB 7: 50 Vanguard 1v1s and 1vNs

Raggok

Hello,

This is an entertainment-styled video featuring gameplay on a 50 Vanguard using a Tactics/Assault hybrid build.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801ZrsMrobckzZfhMrzh.1

The content is a mixture of 1v1s, 1vNs, and some tricks/tips. The 1v1s are all against players with 15K+ hit points. For the 1v1s, I avoided clips using my relic and Battle Focus as they can burn someone down very quickly if they don't use consumables as well. For the 1vNs, everything is fair game as 1vNs in SWTOR are much harder to pull off than in other games.

I have made a few comments about some things that need to be fixed or looked at that you can see occur in the movie itself.

1. Players should not be able to accept a warzone queue while in combat.

2. Point blank AoEs often times fail to hit people who are clearly in the AoE area. This happens with Neural Surge, Pulse Cannon, Explosive Surge, etc.

3. After closer examination I was wrong on the third point. I thought the green bubble was an animation for Hunker Down, but it isn't. It seems to be an animation when Hunker Down "blocks" a control ability. In this case my Neural Surge. Does Hunker Down have a clear animation or do I actually have to look at the tiny buff bar to see when it is up?

I haven't played a Sniper/Gunslinger, so feedback would be appreciated. It's a powerful CD and it needs to have a distinctive animation.

If you like this movie, please comment to help keep it on the front page and give it support. Don't let it drown in the cesspool of ignorance and whining that this forum has become.

Thanks. :)

Edited by Raggok

You are a bit too zoomed to your character, that made it quite hard to watch the vid/see what is going on for me. Also you might want to avoid jumping while kiting in this game, it makes your character move slower than normal if you haven't noticed yet.

Other than that, was alright. :)

You are a bit too zoomed to your character, that made it quite hard to watch the vid/see what is going on for me. Also you might want to avoid jumping while kiting in this game, it makes your character move slower than normal if you haven't noticed yet.

Other than that, was alright. :)

Admittedly, jumping is a habit. But, sometimes it is also necessary. There are times when you are straight line kiting where you *have* to jump to land shots on someone behind you or to change directions and which shoulder you are firing over.

It's a bit harder to shoot people behind you that you are line kiting than it is in WoW, for example. In WoW you could actually run a straight line, pivot the camera behind you and shoot over your shoulder at people directly behind you. That's not possible in this game.

So, while jumping does slow your movement down it's still the fastest way to turn enough to shoot someone behind you. If you are able to circle kite someone then jumping isn't necessary but it is for straight line kiting.

Hunker down is when two little probes come down and make the portable cover larger.

Thanks. Someone on the Vanguard forum pointed it out. It looks like armor plating on the corners of the cover animation. Extremely important to know when fighting snipers and gunslingers!

Admittedly, jumping is a habit. But, sometimes it is also necessary. There are times when you are straight line kiting where you *have* to jump to land shots on someone behind you or to change directions and which shoulder you are firing over.

It's a bit harder to shoot people behind you that you are line kiting than it is in WoW, for example. In WoW you could actually run a straight line, pivot the camera behind you and shoot over your shoulder at people directly behind you. That's not possible in this game.

So, while jumping does slow your movement down it's still the fastest way to turn enough to shoot someone behind you. If you are able to circle kite someone then jumping isn't necessary but it is for straight line kiting.

I was more referring to the scenes where you didn't have to, it is pretty obvious that you need them jump turns when people are behind you. You are quite right on that habit bit, though. I find myself jumping quite often too. :p

Guess it is easier to comment when someone else is doing it.

Thanks. Someone on the Vanguard forum pointed it out. It looks like armor plating on the corners of the cover animation. Extremely important to know when fighting snipers and gunslingers!

No worries, also not that that Green bubble is another skill called Dodge which gives us a 100% chance to dodge pretty much everything except force powers for 4 seconds: Dodge

*edit* base skill is 3 seconds, it's 4 with a specific talent.

Edited by shownder

lol jumping knockbacks is awesome, i wisih i dindt get like 10 fps in a warzone id like to try it.

Hey, sorry for the confusion. What I meant is that Sages and Sorcerors have a jump animation that leads into their knockback. If you notice that jump animation starting you have time to pop Hold the Line (Vanguard ability) to avoid the knockback.

what kind of armor are you using? what cell you have up? ion or plasma or what?

do you use a shiled generator or have you forgone its use?

I'm using 4 pieces of Eliminator for the +15% chance to crit on High Impact Bolt. Other pieces come from the Medic set for crit and surge. My build runs Plasma Cell. I don't use a shield generator.

Enhancement mods have been ripped out and replaced with crit and surge where possible.