Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do an effing rollback!!!! id gladly give away all i gained since u realeased the 1.1......dammit bioware ur letting reps and imps get away with murder all over the world. i gladly loose all i gained today for that! Edited by Zalamax

Who has even gotten to lvl 60 valor today off of this? How are you doing it between the lag, not every kill giving you valor, republics hiding in their base and you picking off those who get aoe'd/gripped? With all points captured i get about 160-180 valor a kill. That means you need about 10 kills a minute or 1 kill every 6 seconds to get 1600 valor/min and i doubt everyone is getting that. SMH

Please be advised that the servers will be unavailable from 5AM CST (3AM PST/ 6AM EST/ 11AM GMT/ 12PM CET) for a new patch. This deployment will fix a few high priority issues in the game. We expect the service to be available again by 10AM CST (8AM PST/ 11AM EST/ 4PM GMT/ 5PM CET). Please watch this forum thread for updates and information as they become available. To view the status of your server, please visit the Server Status Page.

Yeah that really means nothing.. Unless its a published list of people who took "advantage" which is essentially anyone who was in Ilum for more than the 5 min it took to do the daily, you guys are just blowing smoke due to the bleeding subs youre seeing right now.

Do a full rollback and risk the chance of losing a bunch of whiners who cheated to get something or don't do a full rollback and lose anyone who actually earned the valor they got.

Choice is yours.

Or a rollback that you people are freaking out about.

If you guys think spawn camping and too many players on a screen is the only problem with ilum, then you really aren't paying any attention. On Nadd's Sarcophagus, even if we brought every 50 we have on the republic side out there, we would still be outnumbered 3 to 1 or more. How about a buff for numbers to help, defeats the purpose when the 50 get the buff for continually killing and the 10 just get @#^&canned. If you can't fix it, just close it. You did enough damage already with the amount of valor the imps took in today it will take me three or four days of non stop pvp to even try to catch up. Put the place on a timer. Learn from Wintergrasp. Don't try to reinvent the wheel, allow 40 in to each side, put an hour timer on two hours off and rinse, repeat.

I guess if the republic could all boycott Ilum so the imps could not finish their dailies, then maybe they will QQ and it will change. So far any republic pointin out the obvious is just ignored. No I will not threaten to cancel my subscription that always sounds empty. I'll just tell you I am really disappointed in you guys.

(that always worked when my dad would say it)

Thanks for NOT rolling back so the vast majority of people who levelled today don't see their work wasted :)

The attitude of posters right now is just shameful, just show what MMOs have become: from virtual worlds you get yourself immersed into, to senseless e-sport competitions.

I just cant fathom why you are all so mad about there being no valor rollback. If you all are really battlemasters which I GUARANTEE 9/10 of you that are saying you are really aren't. why do you care? You did it the hard way they did it the easy way...GET OVER IT stop complaining. They even said that killing the turrets didn't give valor. I was rank 57 before this all started I'm rank 58 now I went in did my daily/weekly and left I DONT CARE THAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE RANK 64 I REALLY DONT. So get over it grow a pair of balls and stop your un-needed complaining over biowares FIRST OVER CONTENT PATCH ON A BRAND NEW MMO

Ilum bases

As ive stated in other posts the main issues with these bases is lack of defenses.

The bases need the following things implented

1. The bases need lot more gaurds and wall turrets. I say this b/c as were seeing really now more then ever that the opposite side can sit in the other sides base.

2. The bases need to be more deeper like the main bases when u land on ilum. They need to be closed off and have 1 entrance in/out

3. Thier needs to be a base boss to kill thats 80 to 100k deep inside of the base. This boss needs to have the highest chance of getting pvp gear/champion bags and even armor pieces in themselves. I base this on how easy it is to take the bases currently. Shooting a rocket and camping the repair box is just not doing. Theres needs to be a raid to go into the base and strategically kill a base boss on top of taking the turrets. This would make for better pvp and more people organizing to fight for an objective

So heres how the base take over should be

1. use rocket launcher kill turrets

2. Fight your way inside the base (should be lots of door gaurds and droids/turrets to fight your way through.

3. Kill the base boss thats a 80-100k deep inside the base then cap the base.

4. Loot boss or chest (This boss must have the highest drop rate for champion bags/commendations and even gear itself)

4. The repair box for the turrets needs to be inside the base why this is outside? I do not know. This makes for harder and a better experience to take the turrets out. Anyone can go shoot a rocket launcher up there and camp the repair box.

5. We need to have healers be able to heal please remove -30 healing

6. We need to have more functional/more useful manable gun turrets

7. Faction imbalance im going to be honest gabe your gonna need to open rvr and other servers ability to come and go to have functional pvp on any server. This issue cannot be adressed with same faction vs same faction. Really need to get this rvr and cross server pvp going

8. Raid assist we cant do much in a raid with no raid assist. Ive complained about this issue in beta. If you want to form a community and have organized groups fighting we need a raid assist badly

These ideas imho would go a long way in ilum i know theres going to be lag and fps issues and theyve stated there working on them.

To gabe i hope you read and consider these ideas. I think this would really improve things if one side could actually defend thier base and putting a base boss would create more raiding and better fun for all.

Please post constructive ideas ill admit like a lot of people im getting very frustrated and i want this to succeed for us all both sides.

I doubt they can log info on valor. Where, when, how it was earned.....

That would be really bad since in patch 4.2 for wow they made the mistake with the transition from season 9 -10. The issues there was people buying previous arena gear for honor in the transition week only to find out the next week there was better gear. And blizzard refunded everybody 2-3 days later with honor points send through the ingame mail.

Source how blizzard handled it.

I understand now why the MMORPG genre is stagnating. Dev's can't risk anything since a single mistake results in rage quitting of their player base. Sounds like the patch was bad but the player response is ridiculous. It is a game...

This fail patch just crashed a whole server.... double you tea eff are you talking about. It was exploited on IC so hard it literally caused a client crash... which is LULZY!

Especially all those evil republic players who spawned camped the imps. M I right?

Lol. The audacity right? It's like they think we dont think about what they are saying.

Edited by Fozy

in addition to these changes, we’ll be reducing the population cap on ilum. This should help increase performance by requiring your client to render fewer characters on-screen at once.

lol what, hahah this is your fix for the complete farce of a un optimized game lol hahahah lol hahaha