Custom PvP belt/bracers question.

QuietGoneJinn

So I was planning on buying some Battlemaster Gear and swapping out the Armoring and Mods into a custom PvP piece. . .However, I just learned that the Armoring are bound to bodyparts (Hands, Head, Chest, etc.).

Are all of them like this? If so what should I do about armoring? Just eat a huge price on GTM and get a piece with 0 Expertise?

Or is there a piece of armor with a transferable armoring piece?

Once you start getting War Hero gear, you can easily maintain 1200+ Expertise while using non-slot bound PVE armorings in the belt/bracers. So I personally tend to go that route. I seem to recall the off-hand armoring wasn't originally bound to slot, but I think they fixed that. I haven't been willing to drop the comms to prove or disprove it though. :p

Afaik, vindicator off hand armorings still work for bracer and belt. I think these are still your best bet. Only the war hero off hand works, not the elite war hero. Running 1390 expertise right now, and I prefer it to a lower expertise with more power build.

does having all the extra expertise help your defense more when your smashing people and getting focused because of it? I wouldnt think it effects your damage by all that much, what say you!?

The damage boost difference is very small either way (str + power vs exp). You're talking like a .1-.3% difference.. negligible. It does add a lot of survivability though, going expertise. I get focus fired non stop in warzones, solely because I am Aluvian, and people know that if they don't keep me in check, they get crapped on. Expertise also starts to shine more and more in rateds, when what matters is surviving.