Scheduled Maintenance: April 24th, 2013 [Servers Available]

AmberGreen

Aric Jordans pants are probably still bugged. I mean .. it seems to be on the priority list along with all those necessary fixes :X

Maybe their "pretty mean bug" made everyone's skin turn out like Vector's when he's naked...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im actually really proud of you for delaying the patch and telling us about it. Kudos for not releasing a broken patch only to need to try and fix it on Thursday when everyone is angry. I am sincere in my congratulations . Late and working is always better

edit* based on past broken patches, I can guess that yeah this bug was probably beneficial to us :p which is why it's being nipped in the bud

I'd go with the slicing lockbox missions being way overtuned - giving us too much money.

The only sort of non-beneficial bug I can see them stopping for is one that destroys character data in some way, so I guess that's an option too.

Thank you for the commendations update. I complained 4 times immediately after 2.0 dropped in the forums. If I can play for a couple of hours everyday and max out well before a full week, then there is a problem. In fact I have maxed out each week in less than 5 days off of a short flashpoint and a few dailies.

I think it is better that you expanded the limit than reduce the amount we get from turning in the daily and weekly. Those missions were the real reason it was easy to hit the weekly limit.

I've said if the 50 limit on Planetary Commendations wasn't fixed by the time my subscription ran out, I'd be gone. I've in fact been working with a new character to see how much of a pain the limit is - and it's been a pain.

I still say that there should be no limit on Planetary Commendations. But raising it to 100 reduces it from a pain to an annoyance (and maybe just to a philosophic disagreement). So thank you, BioWare, for listening. Would thank you more if it was gone completely, but thank you.

Not only is this a step in the right direction, but honestly they should raise everyones currently held planetary commendations to 100 for every character if they are not already at 100 (or higher) I lost a LOT of commendations with the change on my alts which I was using to help my other characters along. Also, my currently advancing character has been screwed as well bumping into the limit all the time but not being able to buy commendation equipment/mods above their level so they are useless, lost to the aether.

Can you remove the patch notes from the launcher? I started the launcher, went to get coffee, and when I got back I saw the patch notes and assumed that it was already done downloading. So I proceeded to log into each of my toons and send out companions on the mission discoveries I had been saving. When crew started coming back with abysmal returns I checked back on the forums here to report that things hadn't been fixed.

The mess of the crafting/crew skill missions this expansion have been bad enough, but posting fixes to some of the issues on the launcher when they haven't been fixed yet is poor form. Granted I couldn't send all my crew out on missions as there were some duplicate missions but I still burned through 9 missions on 7 toons.

• Dev Post
This, exactly. I am curious what the bug was, though....

I got the all clear to explain to all of you what the bug we encountered was to hopefully give some visibility into our decision. What we encountered was a user interface bug where buffs and debuffs were no longer displaying any form of graphical countdown to show their duration. AKA that little white overlay which disappears slowly as an ability is timing out was gone.

I know at first glance that might sound really minor, but think about it during your actual gameplay. Any class which has a DoT, HoT, debuff, buff, or proc that has a duration would no longer be able to "at-a-glance" see how long was remaining on that skill.

When looking at this bug we felt that it would make some Classes, especially those based around DoTs and HoTs very difficult to play. The last thing we want to do is introduce a bug which, for a subset of entire Advanced Classes, makes the game frustrating to play. Because of this we opted to push this Game Update until we could work on correcting the bug.

I hope that gives you all a bit of insight into the bug and our decision to delay the patch.

-eric

So let me get this straight bioware you Pushed a HUGE patch that fixes lots of problems i think the biggest everyone wants is the Slicing missions fixed i think everyone's tired of getting F'ed over on that one, for a Bug that all the player has to do is TURN ON THE F-ING COUNTDOWN COOL DOWN feature in the UI under preferences(which if you don't have it set up already then you are really bad at this game) Bioware you better have this patch out tomorrow.

What happen to you guys Doing sooo well and now this.....

Edited by BigjoeHoe

So let me get this straight bioware you Pushed a HUGE patch that fixes lots of problems i think the biggest everyone wants is the Slicing missions fixed i think everyone's tired of getting F'ed over on that one, for a Bug that all the player has to do is TURN ON THE F-ING COUNTDOWN COOL DOWN feature in the UI under preferences(which if you don't have it set up already then you are really bad at this game) Bioware you better have this patch out tomorrow.

It's not ability cooldowns it's the debuff/buff timers on mobs.

People will complain about anything, won't they?

Reading skills are weak on this one...

Explanation much appreciated.

Gotta say this opens the door on requests for features like countdown timers on buffs and being able to tell which debuffs on a target are my own.

The ability to choose which buffs are displayed would also be a huge help. Class buffs shouldn't take up 4 icons, it should be 1 at the most, separated into quadrants. On my gunslinger, there are a lot of buffs I would rather switch off, since dropping into cover and doing my opening rotation often gives me a total of like 12 buffs!

Such a shame on the delay. Reading the patch notes, this patch was going to be an epic fix for many longstanding bugs. Not to dampen the mood further, but I mean, look at the fixes in this patch. The list is massive. Couldn't you have at least fixed some of these before making 2.0 live? Tons of these were reported on the PTS. This many fixes in a X.0.1 patch screams poor quality control and a rushed release. Edited by revcrisis

Such a shame on the delay. Reading the patch notes, this patch was going to be an epic fix for many longstanding bugs. Not to dampen the mood further, but I mean, look at the fixes in this patch. The list is massive. Couldn't you have at least fixed some of these before making 2.0 live? Tons of these were reported on the PTS. This many fixes in a X.0.1 patch screams poor quality control and a rushed release.

I would not be surprised if 2.0 as we saw it was finished a few weeks before and they were busy testing it to make sure there were not any critical bugs in it. Not loosing data and not being able to play. There are a few bugs in it sure, but as a whole I consider 2.0 to be comparatively bug free when talking about how much changed.

I hope that gives you all a bit of insight into the bug and our decision to delay the patch.

-eric

Pls Pls PLS! Remove (or replace with 2.0 grades) old crafting materials from new cartel pack before 2.0.1!

I got the all clear to explain to all of you what the bug we encountered was to hopefully give some visibility into our decision. What we encountered was a user interface bug where buffs and debuffs were no longer displaying any form of graphical countdown to show their duration. AKA that little white overlay which disappears slowly as an ability is timing out was gone.

I know at first glance that might sound really minor, but think about it during your actual gameplay. Any class which has a DoT, HoT, debuff, buff, or proc that has a duration would no longer be able to "at-a-glance" see how long was remaining on that skill.

When looking at this bug we felt that it would make some Classes, especially those based around DoTs and HoTs very difficult to play. The last thing we want to do is introduce a bug which, for a subset of entire Advanced Classes, makes the game frustrating to play. Because of this we opted to push this Game Update until we could work on correcting the bug.

-eric

So the patch that contains a LOT of game-breaking glitches was delayed due to this one minor issue? that sounds reasonable lol... I don't get the logic there but... it's Bioware. Let them do what they want.

But I prefer to have the patch now, and wait for the fix to that one specific bug later. I guess they don't realize how much the annoying bugs right now is pissing everyone off. Heh. Godspeed Bioware.

So the patch that contains a LOT of game-breaking glitches was delayed due to this one minor issue? that sounds reasonable lol... I don't get the logic there but... it's Bioware. Let them do what they want.

But I prefer to have the patch now, and wait for the fix to that one specific bug later. I guess they don't realize how much the annoying bugs right now is pissing everyone off. Heh. Godspeed Bioware.

It's far from minor. Any hot or dot heavy class would be considerably harder to play.

Most of the things that are being fixed are not really game breaking. More annoyances..

The bug they are talking about. Is absolutely game breaking for some classes. Almost anyone Raiding.

You loose the ability to actually watch your HoT's and DoT's... thats bad... far from minor.

-eric

Thanks for the insight. I think you definitely made the right call to postpone. That bug would have been frustrating for all classes.

Can't they just hotfix the crafting? We can live without cartel packs and such, but please BW, don't make us wait till next Tuesday for mission mats numbers and slicing fix... just hotfix them, or just take the servers for hour or two to introduce those much required bug fixes

Can't they just hotfix the crafting? We can live without cartel packs and such, but please BW, don't make us wait till next Tuesday for mission mats numbers and slicing fix... just hotfix them, or just take the servers for hour or two to introduce those much required bug fixes

You are basically asking them to rip out some code out of an already made build and release that. That will cause more of a delay because they will need to see how just that code affects the entire system.