This game needs "Loop Music" option

GGTeMpLaR

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One way you can have the game music looped right now is to D/L the Mp3's from the site here and create yourself a playlist in your media player of choice and loop all SwTOR tracks .

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111201

Not a perfect solution but I think one for now that can at least fill the void nicely for some :)

Edited by ElvinMistress

• 1 month later...
One way you can have the game music looped right now is to D/L the Mp3's from the site here and create yourself a playlist in your media player of choice and loop all SwTOR tracks .

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111201

Not a perfect solution but I think one for now that can at least fill the void nicely for some :)

I want music that is fitting the setting and that's why your solution isn't working for me. I'm wondering why there isn't a singel reply from Bioware regarding this issue?

Signed!

I've always had music on loop in every MMO I've played so far, unless I already spent over 4 years listening to the same theme that comes with specific zones.

Hearing no music 95% of the time ruined my TOR leveling experience tbh. I got bored by the time I got to Hoth and actually stopped playing for over a month because the game lacked something I couldn't put my finger on. After finding this thread I think it's simply the total lack of immersion that scared me away from this game. I rerolled an Imp. Agent just now, but after 10 minutes of 'clopclopcloplclopclopclopclopclopclop *pew pew pew* clopclopclop' I find myself once again writing essays on a forum because the devs clearly didn't fix something that requires one single tick-box (and borrowing a few tunes from the movies/KOTOR) to remedy.

There're alot of good tunes in this game that we hear 5% of the time, please enable everyone here to actually enjoy that music more often.

I've grow accustom to just playing some music in the background or a podcast and just muting it during cutscenes.

I understand playing some trance or some hard rock to call of duty or counter strike or any fps, but why in an mmo where it is so immersion breaking? My brother in law does this it drives me insane. As far as game music, in high school, every night id sit in a chat room in diablo 2 and fall asleep to the backround music. Id sleep like a baby. More music please.

• 2 weeks later...

AGREED!

if you've ever been on dromund kaas you know what bad atmosphere this game currently has. it's raining, thunder everywhere and stuff - but no music, ONE really horrible and short thunder sound and no rain sound (really, I think I've heard it once, but never again). everything you hear while running around in kaas city are your footsteps and annoying beeps from those damn probes. horrible! another sign that this game is rushed and not polished. there is just no love!

and add some more themes from the movies. I think I've heard "imperial march" ONCE.

a really good remix of "battle of heroes" ONCE while fighting an elite mob on my sith warrior on korriban. srsly bioware ..

Edited by Rikeryo

AGREED!

if you've ever been on dromund kaas you know what bad atmosphere this game currently has. it's raining, thunder everywhere and stuff - but no music, ONE really horrible and short thunder sound and no rain sound (really, I think I've heard it once, but never again). everything you hear while running around in kaas city are your footsteps and annoying beeps from those damn probes. horrible! another sign that this game is rushed and not polished. there is just no love!

and add some more themes from the movies. I think I've heard "imperial march" ONCE.

a really good remix of "battle of heroes" ONCE while fighting an elite mob on my sith warrior on korriban. srsly bioware ..

I really have no issues with the no music sometimes, I find it adds to certain things. but not everything. Some places more would be good.

Also the Imperial March is the theme of the Galactic Empire. Which does not exist right now, I've never heard it in this game and I don't think it belongs here. If you can point out where it was I would like to check it out however as I do love the song. Droid Invasion plays ALOT in high level zones during combat, Corellia especially, and other key mark story points. I hear it more on Empire side but have heard it once or twice on my Trooper.

@up when more people will ask BioWare will maybe deliver.

/me signs

One part of Star Wars that makes it so great is music. Scene when Luke looks at the two suns of Tatooine wouldn't be so epic without wonderful soundtrack or attack on the death star without musis wouldn't feel right.

SWTOR needs loop music option for the greater enjoyment!

Edited by MelodicSixNine